Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
I'm curious to see if they had any of these characters in mind for crossovers when they made that Sony deal, seeing as how they all have close associations with Spider-Man. But we'll see.

I hope Marvel's being serious about the Netflix shows being a little more adult-oriented. 616 Jessica has the mouth of a sailor and it'd be cool if that carried into this show. And Ritter can totally pull that aspect of her personality off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

DivisionPost posted:

Meanwhile Devin Faraci is watching the reviews roll in, crying into the hole where his heart once was, and also his sandwich

Why does anyone listen to that man anymore? Every time I hear something about him, it involves him being an obnoxious baby.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Nah, he wrote for a newspaper/ran a personal blog before he went to Hitfix. Are you thinking of Todd Vanderwerff maybe?

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Drifter posted:

That sounds remarkably reasonable.

I think I'll do the same to watch this and that kimmy schmidt thing, since I liked 30 Rock and hear it's similar. If I have it for a whole month I'll do some research and see if there are other shows worth watching.

You can't go wrong with Kimmy Schmidt if you like 30 Rock. Quality varies on Netflix's other original programming.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Just started watching and this is already loving fantastic. General question: is there any way at all to track the likelihood that a Netflix series will be renewed? Certainly seems like the critical reviews are giving this show a good shot, I'm just curious.

Netflix seldom cancels shows after one season. Even the universally panned Hemlock Grove is getting to Season 3. It probably depends more on Marvel wanting to make more than Netflix.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Just finished episode 3.

"You should've just killed me."

:vince:

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

That trailer turned me off really fast. I've read the comics and they didn't get that dark.

The Kilgrave stuff in Alias was super hosed up, they just didn't depict it as directly as it seems like the show will.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Stupid work, keeping me from watching more.

1x02 The bar fight was seriously fantastic. Ritter and Colter are both nailing their roles so far, and the one substantial scene of Tennant was also great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

The back half or so of JJS3 is a garbage fire, and there was some dumb stuff before that, like Trish straight up murdering the two goons by the pool, then being really upset that she accidentally impaled the mobster boss woman in self-defense.

Also it sucks that these shows never learned their lesson about stretching the plot out to 13 episodes.