Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Noodle Incident
Aug 23, 2007
I DON’T WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT!
I think they did a good job bringing both Bushmaster and Luke from their extremes as hero and villain to somewhere gray in the middle, but still on their own sides. In the end Bushmaster has had his traumatic past and Luke has accomplished what Bushmaster set out to do, ruling Harlem. It actually reminded me a lot of Angel being given Wolfram and Hart, where the hero is convinced that evil is inevitable and must be managed instead of trying to stop it. It's a nice setup for the hero eventually crossing a line with what is permissible and either stopping it himself or being brought into conflict with his friends. Like what happens when a criminal that has a deal with Luke in Harlem is causing an issue in Hell's Kitchen and Luke can't help Daredevil or something. Or who knows, they might decide that Luke actually can achieve some sort of equilibrium to protect Harlem and not let it interfere with his duties as a Good Guy(tm)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Noodle Incident
Aug 23, 2007

Invalid Validation posted:

I think Daredevil shows up in TMNT at some point but yes, The Hand, The Foot.

Don't forget Stick and Splinter

The Noodle Incident
Aug 23, 2007
Bleh, I don't know how I felt about this season. It almost felt like they knew that a possible cancellation was looking and tied everything up and the last image we see was of a Punisher this series would never show, the mass murdering psychopath who seeks out random criminals to kill. Basically Death Wish, and somehow more problematic. Toward the end, they managed to make the girl not do the dumbest thing possible in one instance, which was a nice change, but I really didn't like her overall. I also expected there to be some consequence for Curtis taking the senator to the police, but that just seemed to be all there was to it. The a and b plots being completely unconnected felt odd because they didn't even really seem to advance in parallel, just one would pause while the other developed. It wasn't perfect, but I'm happy with this being the last we see of this version of the Punisher.

:gonk:OH GOD HE PULLED THAT DUDE'S TEETH OUT OF HIS OWN HEAD:gonk:

The Noodle Incident
Aug 23, 2007
This is sort of Netflix Marvel adjacent, but if you are looking for a quality superhero show that's also fun, check out The Tick on Amazon Prime.

The Noodle Incident
Aug 23, 2007
Just finished season 3 of Jessica Jones. I think it was really bad. It seemed like whatever made Trish always do the dumbest possible thing last season spread to everyone. Characters kept doing things for no reason. Why did Jessica wrestle the guy? Why did she destroy the evidence after Trish told her she would go to prison for this guy? Why did Jessica have that camera set up? Did she know the guy would drug her and tie her up in that room? Was the other guy just super quiet for a few hours? A guy who can sense evil people? Why would the ramblings of a guy about to kill himself make people flee a law firm and hate super people?