Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeJune
Dec 3, 2007

"We're dead. Bartowski's got a gun."

The Sharmat posted:

The biggest clue I think is when Fisk screams "HE WAS MY FRIEND" while trying to beat one of his employees to death because he blamed him for Wesley being killed.
And then that guy still winds up working for him, and Owlsley's like, "You trust him, after giving him a beating like that?" And Fisk's all, "Wesley trusted him, that's what matters." :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeJune
Dec 3, 2007

Steve Yun posted:

The main villain in Daredevil isn't Wilson Fisk, it's gentrification.

Oh no! Abuela is going to be put out in the street because someone wants to put a condo and frozen yogurt shop here!
Ha! I'd love to see Lillian from Unbreakable Kimmie Schmidt chase Fisk's goons away with a nail-embedded baseball bat. "You get out of here, this is Banana Boys territory! There weren't any good colours left!"

AnimeJune
Dec 3, 2007

Snak posted:

I don't know what show you're watching, but...

I have to say - after seeing Stardust's Charlie Cox as Daredevil and Downton Abbey's Dan Stevens in The Guest, I am FULLY on board with this recent trend of taking soulful, adorably squishy British actors, throwing them in the Hollywood Rock Polisher for a few spins, and then putting them in movies as soulful, adorable killing machines.

LOOK AT THAT FACE.

Seriously, see The Guest if you haven't already.

AnimeJune
Dec 3, 2007

Phylodox posted:

Foggy succeeds precisely because he doesn't fall into that stupid as poo poo sit-com stereotype of the goofy best friend. He's a competent lawyer and a charming young man. He feigns goofiness and awkwardness because it's disarming. You don't get to be a good lawyer without learning some charm. The fact that he's constantly compared to Matt Murdock, who is a loving superhero, is the only reason he seems like such a clumsy nebbish.
Exactly. If we *have* to pick a trope, he's the Xander - of course he's going to look like a schlub next to the Dread Pirate Roberts of Hell's Kitchen (compare Xander to Buffy) but that's because he's a regular person, and the audience's reactions are meant to be filtered through his eyes because he's the regular guy reacting to irregular events for the first time.

Foggy won me over in the first episode when Matt blurts out his "We only defend the innocent" nonsense and Foggy's like, "....or everyone, AS THE LAW REQUIRES." Yes, we have Murdock spouting his superhuman mantra of defending the innocent, but we also have Foggy injecting some much-needed reality into the mix to tone it down.

...and this is making me imagine what Foggy's "The Zeppo" episode could be like. JUST THINK ABOUT IT.

AnimeJune
Dec 3, 2007

BottledBodhisvata posted:

^^^^--- You must be a blast at parties.

You will not disrespect Dan McNinja in such a way.
I'll admit, I'm less educated about Daredevil's history in the comics so I was unaware of the Hand. Because of that, the most Arrow-y aspect of the show was the ninja fight. Up until then, Daredevil has been going up against regular-joe criminals with fists and guns - and then all of a sudden he's up against a fire-engine-red ninja swinging a scythe on a chain. It was a cool fight, don't get me wrong - but a HUGELY different tone from his other battles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeJune
Dec 3, 2007

greatn posted:

Yeah,

"Is this a date?"
"You know what I think it is. Now could you close your eyes and touch my face so I can pretend you're actually Matt?"

was the one time I was like "fuuuuuuuck yooouuuuu Karen"
My "gently caress you Karen" moment was when Elena asked, "where is your handsome lawyer friend?" and Karen immediately goes, "Matt?"

And Elena's all, "No - FOGGY."

Karen: "Oh."

Karen should have seriously known better since she and Foggy did just spend SEVERAL HOURS fixing Elena's house and getting jabbed with exploding debris, while all Matt did was talk to Elena in Spanish that one time, for about twenty seconds. COME ON, KAREN.