Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
It is unfortunate that Fox owns Dr. Doom, so there's little chance of Luke Cage getting to perform the antics leading to "Where's my money Honey?" $300 bucks is the best reason to help a coup attempt and then put down said coup attempt. I am pretty curious if Jessica Jones is just going to be Alias, I don't remember any comics for her before that came out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Kheldarn posted:

Actually, it was $200. You don't wanna see what Luke would do if it was $300...

You're right it was $200. For $300, Luke would have kept Latveria.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
There's rumors that Iron Fist is going to be a feature instead of a series with the potential of Punisher being the fourth Defender depending on how he's received in Daredevil S2. Reasons for the series to feature move is the trouble of adding the mystical angle, which wasn't really touched on for the Hand in Daredevil S1.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Zythrst posted:

Yeah I hope they don't either and I also hope this doesn't mean that Daredevil and Punisher are going to be friendly by the end of season 2 either.

Can't get the job done with your Catholic morality? Just call in the Punisher! It'd totally work.

But yeah, I really hope the rumor was baseless. Hopefully its just Marvel throwing around the idea because they're having trouble coming up with a season arc that'll include at least Luke, Jessica, or Matt. And won't be rather expensive like a good Immortal Weapons arc should be, what with K'un Lun at the least needing a bunch of sets and a bunch of VFX work needing to be done.

And Punisher is already slated (and cast, last I had read) to be in DD S2, so he's going to be introduced whether we want him or not. And they think he goes along better than Danny Rand will, what with how dark Netflix MCU is looking like its going to be. So silver screen MCU is big and flashy, ABC MCU is Shield/Inhumans, and NF MCU is street level and dark is how I think they're looking at the "main line" MCUs (not counting the Sony X-Men and FF universes).

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

tsob posted:

The MCU has no end of other characters they could replace Danny with that'd fit more in line with that aesthetic, like Moon Knight, so the fact it's always Punisher

Yes, a psychopath with MPD is a better fit than Punisher, who isn't a good fit at all either. :rolleyes:

Found the article:

http://www.cinemablend.com/television/Marvel-May-Make-Huge-Change-Its-Netflix-Shows-96177.html

Most likely baseless rumor, but there you go. One thing I don't buy is the problem with the mystical element, since it was hinted at in Daredevil S1 with the Hand and Madame Gao.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Open Source Idiom posted:

I've always thought the biggest problem any potential Iron Fist series would have to overcome would be dealing with a white dude running around being a ninja or whatever -- particularly after Daredevil didn't do a fantastic job either. (Asians are all ninja assassins who want real estate. Great job guys).

But to fix that, you'd just cast an actual Asian dude in the lead role. Problem solved.

Matt Murdock and Stick are both white blind ninjas, and The Hand is steeped in mysticism. And one of the big things about Danny Rand, Iron Fist, member of the Defenders is the whole rich white guy angle, which would be defeated by casting an Asian in the role. Danny Rand should be pretty easy to do as far as Iron Fist goes.

I'm more interested in if they're going with the standard origin of Luke Cage, since it is Black guy goes to jail, has experiments done to him, gets impenetrable skin.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
Basically, all of the kung fu movies you've seen are looks at other dimensions exhibited by Seven Cities with Seven Champions, one of which is K'un L'un's Iron Fist. He concentrates his chi to boost the force of his punches when fighting. To prove one's self worthy of the title "Iron Fist", you have to defeat a dragon, Shou-Lao the Undying. The story of how Danny Rand becomes Iron Fist would make a sweet as hell movie so they can put a bunch of money into effects, but don't want a series to be hella expensive for like one or two episodes and have no money for the rest of the season.

It does seem like the three different venues determine how much money is getting spent; ABC is low-budget, Netflix is middle of the road, and Cinematic is comparatively unlimited. But Netflix MCU appears to be the least likely to cross-over with the cinematic MCU unless they have everyone show up for the Civil War movie(s).

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Barry Convex posted:

I have to disagree with that. I found it so tonally and stylistically removed from the rest of the MCU that it felt like a separate universe; I couldn't really imagine this Daredevil ever crossing paths with Quake, Coulson, and Mockingbird, let alone the Avengers.

No poo poo Coulson and his band of broken toys isn't going to run into Matt Murdock, they don't really operate a lot in New York City. And if the Avengers decide to slum it in a poo poo hole like Hell's Kitchen, they have a slim chance of running into Matt Murdock the loving Daredevil. The Netflix shows are supposed to be loving gritty, not bright and happy. Insert some poo poo about the plight of the common man as opposed to the happy go lucky bullshit of a super hero, and you've got the gist of the Netflix shows v. the ABC or movie titles.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Barry Convex posted:

Well, "being worked on" isn't as strong a denial as I would have hoped - it doesn't mean they've settled on a creative direction or are close to hiring a showrunner, let alone casting the lead - but it's something, at least.

Anyway, tons of JJ reviews out today and yesterday, and they're almost all extremely positive.

They still have plenty of time since we're looking at what, 2017-ish for some hot Iron Fist-ing action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Hollismason posted:

I always forget about mountain.

It has Utah, so it is truly God's Own Timezone! :v: I'm in New Mexico however.