Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Piell posted:

The Hydra stuff was pretty cool, the Inhuman stuff is poo poo.

The show has become a great deal more entertaining since Ghost Rider and LMDs showed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Hollismason posted:

Maybe the solution would be to have Danny be someone whose family was killed by the mob and instead he wages a one man war with every weapon possible to destroy the criminal underground.

Yeah, that's been done.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Percelus posted:

having watched more of dexter than i care to admit, the showrunner. the way everyone was so blind to dexter murdering people left and right despite all the warning signs and legitimate accusations hurled at him early on, they were basically the most comically inept pd on any tv show ever

You've never watched any episodes of Lucifer, I take it?

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Billzasilver posted:

Was ghost rider good in agents of shield? I haven’t watched for a long time

Well, this happened.

Also:

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Davros1 posted:

The charred look they gave Ghost Rider in Spirits of Vengeance was so perfect that the AoS GR looked too cartoony in comparison

To be fair, this is what the AoS Ghost Rider looks like in the comics.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
It's probably the difference in being an actual Spirit of Vengeance (SoV Ghost Rider) vs. just being in a weird spirit bind with the soul of an evil serial killer (Robbie Reyes Ghost Rider).

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Bust Rodd posted:

Black Falcon

:thunk:

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

as a general rule if a black hero doesn't have electricity powers and isn't Spawn they have "black" in their name

Except for the bit where this particular hero has never been called that.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Field Mousepad posted:

I was. But I'm pretty sure a black widow movie would have some super hero cameos. I think it could work as a Netflix series, not a feature length film.

It's a shame the Netflix series characters will never appear in the movies because a Black Widow/Punisher teamup/buddy murder movie would be fun.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Soothing Vapors posted:

in season 2, we find out Micro's kids masterminded the whole operation

I could totally believe that in the case of the daughter, the only character smart enough to run the gently caress away when poo poo went down in the house.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Soothing Vapors posted:

E2

RIP Simpson, u were too beautiful for this world~

also can someone tell me if this interminable Hogarth poo poo is going anywhere, or can I fast forward all her scenes as per usual

I haven't gotten to Season 2 yet, but did they seriously kill off Nuke, a somewhat big deal comic book character?

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Soothing Vapors posted:

Yeah, in an incredibly lame way too. I was really hoping he'd be a bigger part of the season, Wil Traval is Cool and Good.

My mom calls him "Low Budget Tom Jane" and now I'm almost sad he wasn't cast as Frank Castle for even more casting confusion.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Koalas March posted:

Wasn't that a plot point in s1? They had a thumbdrive with her on a stretcher and shady poo poo happening to her? Or something to that effect.

I mean regardless, the point still stands.

Yeah, between JJ Season 1 & Luke Cage Season 1, Reva was pretty well shown to have been working for the "bad guys" (even if Luke wasn't ready to believe it of her yet, or didn't want to think that badly of her even if it is true).

Season 2 is at least 50% less-good than Season 1 just because Luke Cage isn't around.

As for Misty, I'm not 100% sure when this season happens relative to Defenders. If this doesn't happen after Defenders Season 1, then it's probably happening at the same time as Luke Cage Season 1.

I do agree that the writing needs some help when it comes to making sure that every PoC woman that shows up isn't just a prop for the white women.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Ah, then Misty not being around is still easily explained with "She's busy in rehab with her kickass robot arm".

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

business hammocks posted:

Didn't she wrap herself in saran wrap after getting hit? That suggests she heals fast or, like you said, has some kind of ok-but-not-great durability. They're fittingly junky superpowers for someone who's not terribly ambitious and is ok with just taking a path with low resistance.

Yeah, she used some home-made torso-wrap to help deal with cracked ribs from the vehicle hitting her.

It's the main reason she had such a hard time in fighting Nuke right after the car hit her.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Zebulon posted:

Part of it is also the fact he was hosed up on enough drugs that he shouldn't be able to get up and stumble a few steps, let alone still manage to run. Jessica even comments on it.

Yeah. I chalked the stuttering zipping animations up to him being so hosed up that he can't keep the speedster thing going more than maybe a few subjective seconds at a time and keeps having to restart it, which would look really goofy from the outside.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

DeathSandwich posted:

I must be the mutant in the thread because I actually thought Season 2 was better than Season 1.

No, I'm right there with you because I've enjoyed what I've watched so far (an episode every other evening or so after work).

Last night's episode was when Hogarth came home to an empty apartment and just started breaking down and Jessica killed the gently caress out of that prison guard. So things are getting good.

I loved how the guy was screaming "Self Defense! Self Defense!" while clubbing a woman in his house. as if that justified what he was doing.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
I wonder if they got to pool SFX budgets when characters like Luke Cage appear in the show. Because they did show a bit more about how strong Jessica is when she was tossing Luke around like a rag doll and breaking poo poo to pin him in place.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

bring back old gbs posted:

OH YEAH! haha I completely forgot about that. I actually expected it, I was thinking 'OK, hey're going to start the next episode with the glass wall broken, water on the floor, and a few fishes flopping around while Jessica carries someone out the door or something...'

But they did even less than that. It was actually funny

I took it as Jessica being all "The aquarium isn't that loving big you babies. Its just water." & walking out while getting splashed.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Samizdata posted:

Plus, other than him being apparently a real chill dude, I don't feel like I could bitch slap Mike Colter without painful consequences. Finn Jones, OTOH, I MIGHT break a nail by catching a hangnail in his beard.

They really need to bring back the drunken Hand fighter that spent his entire fight with Finn Iron Fist calling him a dumbass.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Dexo posted:

Best part is how Colleen could have clearly handled everything herself, but was just seeing how Misty did on her own. Didn't step in until Misty was clearly overwhelmed.

Did you watch the same scene I did? Misty still had that poo poo under control, Colleen was just bored and it was a good opening to join in.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Defenders is like, 100 percent Hand stuff, and hand stuff is always disappointing.

EXCEPT for Madam Gao.

If it was just Madam Gao and random henchmen it would be tolerable/more fun, but all the other stuff was dumb as poo poo.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
My favorite running gag about Iron Fist is everyone telling him to shut the gently caress up pretty much as soon as he starts talking about fighting a dragon. Especially the way Luke Cage interrupts him every time.

Highlights of Luke Cage Season 2:

Everything with Maria. Holy poo poo she loving nailed everything about that character.

Misty Knight, giver her a show of her own. I'd watch the gently caress out of Law and Order: Super Criminals Edition (sometimes superheroes show up).

Misty's "go get your fawn" line to Maria and Maria's reaction when Misty explained the joke.

Literally every scene with Luke's dad and the running Titanic jokes.

Bushmaster was right.

Literally every scene with Jamaicans in it, and one of the characters saying "You know they was Jamaican, because you can't tell if they talkin' or singin'."

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Whalley posted:

I'm constantly annoyed that all of these shows include scenes where a main character needs to track someone or find someone or learn more and loving nobody even picks up the phone to contact Jessica Jones.

I'm pretty sure she offered to help some of them and they said "no, gently caress you, this is my problem to handle". Like they do for all of the characters where they cameo.

It's why Luke Cage accepting Danny's help raiding drug building was a nice change, even if Danny was still boring as gently caress.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

AndyElusive posted:

the two women are easily the best thing about this show at the moment.

Pretty much all of the women in all of the Marvel shows have been awesome. Maria in Luke Cage was amazing, and the interactions between her and Misty were HOLY gently caress levels of entertaining.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
I don't know about everybody else, but the way Luke Cage has currently ended is super depressing and hosed up and they need a Season 3.

Right now it's "Harlem had a hero, but we're leaving his story where he's on the path to becoming exactly like the villains he fought. The End."

gently caress. That.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

ulex minor posted:

Also disappointed Foggys totally inconsequential wife wasn't murdered, I felt so sure after all their scenes were just pretty much 'oh foggy bear I wuv you' it was gonna happen

What makes you think she was his wife? As far as I know they're just shacking up.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Invalid Validation posted:

You just wanted to show off your wife didn’t you? Nice costume though.

Joke's on you, the wife is Daredevil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Cythereal posted:

Personally, I'm getting tired of the Karen-Matt will-they-or-won't-they for another problem I have with this season. For gently caress's sake pull the trigger on them having a serious relationship or have them both move on, it's been three seasons now and they're still nebulously attracted to each other but not making serious steps.

poo poo, there are people out there thinking Foggy and Karen are a thing. Shows how badly things are being interpreted by the people watching the show.