Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

I love The Flash to pieces, but holy poo poo this show is ten times better :swoon:

I'm starting on episode 6, and can't stop watching.

Sorvah posted:

WTF is up with the subtitles? I've just watched an episode where half of it was in Russian, a scene in Spanish and nothing to help me at all.

I don't have problems with the Spanish, although is a really bad one,specially Rosario's. But there are several lines in Russian that weren't subtitled and I'm really curious to know what they were saying. Same with Madam Gao's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Drifter posted:

Yes. At 31 minutes in. That entire conversation.

But I don't get subtitles when say, Foggy's in the room (not the same episode) and he gets it translated for him by Matt or Karen.

The translation Matt and Karen are doing is actually correct, just so you know, still I understand the frustration. For example, a Russian or Chinese character says something, is translated by another character, but then I'm left with the wonder if they translated everything they said. But this is just a complain that doesn't rest quality in the series. Which is awesome. So loving drat awesome.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

BrianWilly posted:

Goonish musing on language: D'Onofrio

Oh drat, I wish you were in my shoes and cringe every time they try to speak Spanish, I always give a pass on the characters that are American, but when you have characters that are supposed to be naturally fluent I go extremely :spergin: but then I just pretend they are like second or third, or whatever generation and they can't speak the language at all. And by the way, Cárdenas was being wrong pronounced the whole time.
*spoilers tags just in case.

I wonder if the Russian was well spoken, or had the same flaws.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Gyges posted:

Matt Murdock is more Catholic than the Pope.

He is our hero :catholic:

Already on early episode 12, almost done, I'm going to whine for a season 2 once this is over.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

I just finished.

:stare:

This is loving great. Holy poo poo. I'm going to watch it again. I need to. It's so drat great. They actually made me cry with Matt's dad, Mrs. Cardenas and Ben.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Kheldarn posted:

Also, the music was Thousand Eyes by Of Monsters And Men, a pretty cool group from Iceland.

https://twitter.com/TheMarvelReport/status/641986112244817920

For those wondering: the song is Of Monsters and Men - Thousand Eyes which you can buy on @iTunes! https://itun.es/i6SF8xk #JessicaJones

And on Google Play if you use Android: https://play.google.com/store/music/album?id=Blkdxjqwk36nbdddbwd6oapuofu&tid=song-T7c4weagftt6osobitdz7wfdzrm

Of Monsters and Men is a very cool band :allears:

Loved the trailer and can't wait to watch everything on a single weekend.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Barry Convex posted:

New motion poster, trailer finally coming this Friday:

https://twitter.com/jessicajones/status/656787097609572353

I guess they won't keep that gorgeous song for the real opening credits. :( Makes me sad...

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

zoux posted:

New poster, first piece of marketing I've seen featuring Tennant.

Did he always had :pwn: eyes?

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Goddammit I have to work tomorrow and I want to stay up all night and watch more!! :arghfist::mad:

Still stuck in chapter 3. David Tennant is amazing as a creepy weirdo, and everything is so drat great.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Haha. Bunch of babies. I like Doctor Who, David Tennant is actually my favorite doctor and I'm loving him to pieces as a bad guy. gently caress, so creepy!!

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

Yea, my feelings exactly. Though revival I honestly prefer Matt Smith. Like some stuff is hard to shake like in the latest Bond movie The guy who plays Moriarty in Sherlock is in it as the head of the unified Mi-5 and Mi-6, who wants to create a world wide information sharing network. Obviously because I've only seen him as a villain, I knew right off he was a villain in Bond. I hoped I was wrong because it was too obvious.

Matt Smith's weird head is distracting, he was good, shame he was in the crappy Terminator movie. Also, fans can be weird. There were a bunch complaining about Tom Hiddleston not showing in every Marvel movie.

Anyways, I'm starting chapter 8.

Thoughts about chapter 7: I went like "NO WAY FUUUUCK" with the messed up love declaration. For a moment I was expecting him to tell everyone to shoot, that was tense. A general thing I liked is that you see Cap and the gang being cool superheroes fighting aliens and saving the world in the movies, while in the series they destroyed and scarred a bunch of lives. Glad they are showing both sides.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Hollismason posted:

Avengers " We'll Stop you Kilgrave!!!"

Kilgrave " Okay every body here murder gently caress each other to death last one standing get's to be my super human body guard"

The End.

He's not classic comics evil with plans to take over the world.

You mean, they would do a reenactment of A Serbian Film? :stonk:

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Holy poo poo I hate you all! You have the time of the world to sit and watch seven episodes in a row.

Anyway, I was able to watch episode 1 in the morning before work, and it's time to watch this thing until bed time comes. So far, so loving drat good.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

After an stressful day at work, I'm finally getting in to the series. So far, still in episode 8. My many thoughts:

-Punisher is so loving brutal, I like him!
-I saw a guy getting his face blown in a Marvel series. drat.
-Stairways fight felt a bit too long, but it was nice. Seeing Daredevil exhausted at the end was great.
-Frank talking about returning from war and seeing his family die made me cry. Like very hard.
-I hate DA lady. gently caress her.
-Karen and Matt's love scenes were so cute. :3:
- Elektra is crazy.
-NINJAS OUT OF SUDDEN.
- BLIND NINJA MASTER OUT OF SUDDEN.
-WE ALL LOVE FOGGY. :love:

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

That first episode was awesome.

Now I don't want to go to work. :cry:

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

I haven't finished the series yet, but drat, it's literally keeping me at the edge of my seat. Even if it's a slow paced scene I have my whole attention on it :suspense:

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Koalas Massacre posted:

I pretty much only watched for Fisk because Vincent loving DiNofrio is great and the best actor on the show.

THIS.

:stare: I haven't finished the series, but he has been the best so far.

(I also checked his twitter and he seems to be an actual decent human being. And speaks good Spanish. Extra points to this man).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Mezzanine posted:

EDIT: wow, reading through his tweets in his Fisk voice is so fun

:lol: Good to know I wasn't the only one.