Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

RndmCnflct posted:

Hey guys it's me, the self righteous holyer than thou sidekick who just won't go away.

I thought he had a really good reason to be as pissed off as he was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010
If people wanna see another awesome Vincent D'Onofrio performance, he plays a great menacing and over-the-top villain in The Salton Sea.

Also, I never knew that people not liking the second half of Full Metal Jacket was even a thing that could be possible, so many insanely good, iconic scenes and it even provided one of the best rap samples ever used.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Joe Gillian posted:

It's also simply one of the stronger examples of well-executed paradigm shifts in all of film. It's beautifully done, as each horror emotionally disarms the viewer.

Like were people who don't like the second half expecting something like the Heartbreak Ridge movie where Joker and Cowboy would go to Vietnam together and successfully complete a kick rear end mission while earning love and respect from a freshly recovered from his gunshot wound to the chest, tougher-than-nails R Lee Ermey commanding them in the field.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Did you miss the part about his father wanting the missing briefcase of money? The one with a handcuff on it?

The most hosed up Irish wake ever.

Just finished the last episode, man, this season was awesome. The Punisher is just so dope on this show, he pretty much overshadowed the Elektra/hand stuff, which is my only real complaint about the season. I still enjoyed that plot, it's just that it felt a bit muddled and a lot less visceral compared to the Punisher stuff. Maybe they could have saved some of that, and Elektra's demise for the next seasonI thought I remembered Bullseye killed her in the comics, and that's what led to him being DD's ultimate villain, but I haven't read comics in decades

Can't wait for the Punisher series, there's gotta be one, Josh B's Punisher is just such a compelling character, it would be crazy to just not do it and there were plenty of hints/hooks that we'd be seeing more of him. Speaking of those, can someone who's read the comics tell me if that "MILO" disc is from them, and what it's significance is?

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

site posted:

Micro was a guy who's kid got murdered and sought out Frank to help him out for a while in the old old punisher comics. Hacker, information broker, acquired weapons, that sort of thing.

Oh, alright, I remember that guy, he drove the van sometimes, and I think was in a wheelchair(unless I'm getting him mixed up with a different sidekick). That's great news, Punisher solo series-specific characters already getting set up!

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

ufarn posted:

Either that or there's some weird Irish tradition for smashing bottles into tables or something. I definitely thought the former during the first watch.

Definitely a tradition where I grew up, and a necessity!

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010
So will Rosario Dawson appear in every season of every Netflix Marvel show for a few episodes mini arc? Are Netflix trying to establish their own little Stan Lee cameo type of tradition trademark for their Marvel properties with her?

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

10 Beers posted:

Every time I bring this up to someone, they act like I'm crazy. "Daredevil hears everything. That's how he gets around!" Horseshit! They SHOW his radar sense in season 1. He's not going to climb stairs and ladders by hearing. He routinely picks up things in the environment to use as weapons, and those objects are stationary. It seriously is like they forgot how Daredevil works.

Yeah, it is weird. I remember earlier itt someone was speculating that it felt like some subplots/storylines were cut short and he specifically focused on the zombie ninja corpse in the hospital leading nowhere, I wonder if the hearbeat thing was originally going to get tied in with all of that, but instead they just made it a random power/advantage the ninjas would have over Daredevil, even though it shouldn't even work by what's already been established.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

BiggerBoat posted:

^^^I know. How original^^^^

DD's rogues gallery is quite lame. poo poo, his comic was lame for a really long time until Miller took off with it and later Bendis and Brubaker started building off what Frank did with it.

Go read Born Again. You can find it in TPB and it's really good. If I'm not mistaken, it was Miller's return to the character after a year or two off. Frank Miller gets poo poo on a lot (often for good reason) but his DD run is absolutely superb.

Yeah, basically it wouldn't be possible for this Daredevil show to be as good as it is in the ways that it is if it wasn't for Miller's runs making the character actually cool and good.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

HIJK posted:

The action is missing a lot of it's season 1 crunch with Matt in the armor. He tends to breeze through fights now, and except for the end of the hallway fight where the biker bends him over backwards, he was never in a significant amount of peril, just out of breath.

Frank's prison fight was much better. I think it comes down to whether or not the character is wearing body armor.

I think it mainly comes down to that there's just so many fights in the show and every single one of them can't be Hallway or Prison caliber, you need some of the fights to be more normal so those can stand out/shine even more, plus it would probably take years to get a new season if they tried to choreograph every single fight that excellently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010
With how well they translated Punisher and Elektra to the screen, my hopes are high that they can make an awesome Bullseye in the next season.