Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Refresh my memory. Did they reveal what the hole was for? Did they excavate the sarcophagus was from it? I can't quite remember the details of Nobu's reveal and the first appearance of the sarcophagus. At first I assumed they had someone in it until it seemed at the very end they were saving it for Elektra.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I worry if they try to put MODOK in the MCU, they'll do something lame so as not to make break non-comic fans' suspension of disblief like they did with Galactus, just making him Evil Stephen Hawking or Evil Precog from Minority Report or an evil supercomputer.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I had a laugh when Diamondback gave his bible to the city councilman and he gapes in horror like Shelly Duvall discovering the manuscript in The Shining because... He annotated it!!!

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

OldTennisCourt posted:

I'm really curious if the rumors are true and the villain of the Defenders is Mephisto . It could either be super awesome or dumb as hell depending on how it's handled.

Also, I really really hope the Punisher series is basically just them lifting story arcs from the MAX series and doesn't give him his own super antagonist. Jigsaw was and is dumb as loving hell as a villain.

If that's true, I wonder if it'll tie into Agents of Shield. The current season features Ghost Rider, though Mephisto hasn't been name dropped yet.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
The Black Sky was a mystery from the very start of the Netflix MCU, and it turns out the answer to that mystery is "They're people who have the capacity to be, like, really good at martial arts."

Okay.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Am I the only one who found the escalating grimdarkness of the big Karen flashback a bit silly?

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
It’s not so much the decaying rust belt town stuff as having an family tensions boil over with argument and recriminations, then boom flaming trailer boyfriend shot car crash brother dies.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Luke Cage should have had something to do with the big mob meetups Fisk was having.

Also, someone in these shows should have used weapons bought from the Vulture.

They didn’t say it, but an episode of Agents of Shield had some people attack the supposedly super-strong director of SHIELD with Judas Bullets.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I don't think we've seen the new breed of young, relatively affluent shithead reactionaries explored in popular fiction other than, what, that SVU episode about incels? Lord knows we've had enough triggered millennial snowflake SJW characters screeching about microsggressions to last a lifetime, even from liberal shows.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Bust Rodd posted:

I’d love for their to be a trans-vegan eco-terrorist, like if Poison Ivy became an Instagram thot

Samuel L Jackson in Kingsmen, kinda. Rich, genocidal ecoterrorists, and ecoterrorism in general probably, are way over represented for something that doesn't really exist. Even bad-faith anti-environmentalists like Fox pundits, who would love to portray them as violent terrorists, can really only spin environmentalists as smug, dumb, annoying, or inconvient to businesses.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Refresh my memory. Did they tell us in season 2 of Daredevil that the heroin dealers who the Punisher was after were connected to the black ops stuff? I recall it being just a “regular” if extremely slick drug dealer, and thinking as the season was closing that this mysterious figure would be a looming presence and future season antagonist, until last minute nope it’s Clancy Brown the only character we introduced without a backstory. He is the guy with still no mention of the black ops.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I've posted a about how New York was invaded by space aliens and defended by superheroes, and the main effect this has had on the Netflix MCU is that Hell's Kitchen got un-gentrified and a guy got some Luke Cage-piercing bullets.

I forgot about a huge, far-reaching event that got even less coverage: the reveal that the American government, military, and intelligence communities were revealed to be thoroughly infiltrated by HYDRA super science Nazis, and none of the shows mentioned that. And you'd think that mignt have some effect on The Punisher's exploration of how the MIC sucks.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Barry Convex posted:

Agreed. god the Black Sky poo poo was so bad

I disagree. I was rocked by the revelation that this new ominous concept absent from the comics turned out to be people with the ability to quickly become very skilled at martial arts.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I have a dumb fixation about the (lack of) connections between the Netflix series and the movies. Because of its themes of dealing with trauma, Jessica Jones could have been one of the best series to explore life after the Snap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
It's kind of funny how predictably screwed every witness against the season villain is if they come forward before the finale.