Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I've only just had time to start this so I'm way behind.

1x4

The scene where he rescues Claire from the russians was so amazing. Especially the part where when she realizes he's there she just laughs maniacally and says "If you want to know his name... ask him yourself." Claire owns.

This show is amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

zoux posted:

I kinda figured this would be the case but Rosario Dawson is back for season 2 as well as possibly the other series. So she's basically gonna be Night Nurse.

Good. I was disappointed she kinda dropped off after the earlier parts of the season.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

X-O posted:

First trailer was great, second one was even better. Can't wait.

Yeah the second one has made me now super excited for this

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

You guys are too fast.

1x01 Good lord that ending was horrifying. This show is going to be hard to watch. I like it.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

1x02 "It didn't cut..." hahaha that line delivery was great. He just sounded so confused!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

hcreight posted:

Stupid work, keeping me from watching more.

1x02 The bar fight was seriously fantastic. Ritter and Colter are both nailing their roles so far, and the one substantial scene of Tennant was also great.

Ohh yes

1x02 Tennant is terrifying in that scene and we don't even have a good look at him yet. And the scene at the end with the saw... that was so cool.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

1x03 I'll take my answer off the air. :stare:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I don't think I generally felt scared while watching Daredevil. Probably a lot of it had to do with how much it focused on Fisk and what a loser he was.

Jessica Jones is constantly unsettling at best

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

1x04 That woman turning out to be a crazy "gifted" person hater desperate for revenge was such a bizarre twist that I had as hard a time processing it as Jessica did.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Also please remember the episode numbers before your spoilers

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

1x06 Kilgrave just went through ridiculous lengths to legitimately buy Jessica's childhood home. This guy is insane what the gently caress

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Rarity posted:

1x06

I really liked the undercurrent where Kilgrave is really good at manipulating people to do what he wants even without his power

1x06 And like my favorite part of it is that in his first conversation with the guy there's one point where you can see him clearly get super annoyed, and he opens his mouth about to say something to make the guy just give him the house and go kill himself or whatever, but then changes his mind and shows him the money. It's his instinct to just make people do what he wants, but for some reason it was just SO important to him that he get this house the "legal" way.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

1x07 :stare: Malcolm and I had an identical reaction to dead Ruben.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Welp 1x07 that about does it for me for today. I think I need a night long break to process that big Kilgrave scene at the police station. God this show is heavy. But incredible.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

1x09 "Put a bullet in your brain Patsy!" - man I yelled at this part

"Let go of me Jessica!" - :aaa:

Holy poo poo I knew of course that this would be a disaster but wow what an escape. I can't wait to see what happens now that Jessica knows for sure she can resist him. These last two episodes have been amazing. The look into what makes Kilgrave tick in 1x08 was fascinating. He's got these things about his past that almost make him theoretically sympathetic, but then he instantly does something else to remind you how despicable he is.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

MrAristocrates posted:

1x10: holy loving poo poo everything is terrible

1x10 Yeah no kidding. It's interesting how in these last two episodes the poo poo going wrong has had to do with people that Jessica ignored in her quest to get Kilgrave. Not that that makes anything they did any less stupid or terrible.

Oh my god how are there 3 more episodes left how am I gonna make it

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

1x12 Uuughh Kilgrave is such a cowardly awful evil pathetic little poo poo. Get him Jessica! God what an episode, time to see how this ends.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Yep that was amazing.

I liked this way better than Daredevil.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Oh hey was anyone else a little bit disappointed that 1x13 Kilgrave's super powerup injection didn't actually turn him purple? When he was injected with it he got a bunch of purple veiny things on his neck before it cut away and I got all excited that he was going to be an actual purple man for the final confrontation.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Hollismason posted:

Jessica " I'm looking for a man"

Person " What's he look like "

Jessica "He has purple skin"

Person " Oh right year, I know exactly who you are talking about I saw him the other day"

END OF EPISODE 1/SEASON

Yes that would have been dumb, I don't disagree

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I don't like the Punisher but I'm open to the idea that it's because my only exposure to him is that one awful movie that I saw when I was a teenager, so I hope that this season will be cool.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I finished watching this season today finally and felt like I really lost the thread of what was going on sometime in the last few episodes and then it just ended and I still felt confused.

I'm surprised how much I liked all the stuff with Punisher though to be honest. My dislike of that character in general was part of what made me drag my feet on watching this for almost a month, and that storyline ended up being what I found most compelling

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Pwnstar posted:

Well Luke was clearly shot on two separate occasions yet we are clearly shown that they remove the shrapnel from a single wound. I hope someone was fired for that blunder.

Haha it bothered me too. I just checked the scene where he gets shot the second time, and you never see the bullet explode. My only guess is that it went clean through unlike the first one and so exploded unseen outside his body.

E: Unless there's a scene in the next episode that contradicts this (like no exit wound) in which case I guess they just forgot

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

Eventually, my assumption became that because that since that second one was up by his shoulder or his pecs it didn't even get through his skin.

What? It definitely did, he has a bullet hole and is bleeding

Anyway since it's become such a point of discussion I went and checked episode 9 - there's no sign of an exit wound so my theory of a clean through shot is right out. I guess the shrapnel is just embedded in muscle rather than near vital organs so they didn't feel like bothering to take it out. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

AoS and Fringe are both extremely good, there's no need for this