Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Darth Ballz posted:

Not sure, but you can make the case that local politicians don't want prestige, power, or money, and they have just enough ambition to want to make their neighborhood a better place and nothing more.

Some people are easier to buy off with promises of power, a senator owing you a favor can be worth a hell of a lot more then a million dollars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Punisher has to show up in Daredevil because it's the only MCU property where the hero doesn't just kill dudes.

He's got no real place in the MCU where the whole "Gotta let the bad live so they can escape" doesn't exist outside of one Netflix show.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Joe Gillian posted:

You mean Shang-Chi?

I was actually hoping they'd run with Shang-Chi instead of Iron Fist. He doesn't know magic dragon heart fueled kung-fu, he's got no enhanced anything he's just good enough to beat up superhumans and the supernatural consistently. No gimmicks, no tricks, just jump kicks.

Ghosts? Kick em'
Demons? Kick em'
Robots? Kick em'
Aliens? Kick em'
MutantsInhumans? Kick em'

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

I don't know where people are getting the double secret conspiracy idea. Clancy Brown only brought up Frank not taking the job offer in reference to Frank not having enough money to take his family somewhere nice where they wouldn't have been in the crossfire. I never got the impression the deal going south was some super circuitous hit on Frank.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Codependent Poster posted:

You mean besides the fact that everyone says the Blacksmith was the main person behind getting all the gangs together? And that Clancy Brown was the Blacksmith? And it took place in a location that was known to be one of Frank's favorite places to take his family, and Frank was deliberately shot in the head?

Where does Frank getting deliberately shot in the head thing come up? Yeah he gets shot in the head but none of Blacksmith's crew was there to do it deliberately, them not showing up was why poo poo went south. It's a stretch to me, more of a stretch then the run of the mill story convenience of it was a guy you knew all along.