Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Zoe Quinn is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign.

Support a feminist today!

Steve Yun posted:

I hate the suit.

I hate that it looks dumb.

I hate that we're losing the black t-shirt over his face, which looked way cooler.

I loved that Matt got stabbed and beaten up all the time, and the suit takes that away, which I hate.

Same here. The worse thing was that they built it up with stuff like "you really need body armor" and "okay, found the guy that will make you some armor" and well this is the crap we get.

They still have a shot at changing it, like getting rid of the stupid ears/horns and just making it all black. After all, only the black parts have gone through the "process". The red parts are the unfinished ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

PaybackJack posted:

I liked the suit except for the horns. It sort of has this combination flak jacket and biker jacket thing going. I dig it. The horns are silly though.

I'm pretty happy with the other comic book shows, I just thought that was kind of the wrong direction to take this show by the end of it given how it didn't really feel anything like a comic book show up until the end.

Yeah with a few modifications it can look cool. Like getting rid of the hornes, lose some of the red so it doesn't look like he's from tron, that would help.

Even then it pales in comparison to the awesomeness of a simple bandana covering his eyes and wearing black.

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

BrianWilly posted:

So yeah, I'm just gonna let you know right now that they're not gonna get rid of Daredevil's horns or make Daredevil completely black. Like, let it sink in that it's never gonna happen before you get too attached to the idea.

:(

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

XboxPants posted:

Maybe this has been posted before, but I've never seen it. From an interview with Stephanie Maslansky, the costume designer:
http://fashionista.com/2015/04/daredevil-costume-design

So in other words, she was trying to find a nice way of saying it was "design by comittee" and it sounds like the main costume designer wasn't even allowed into the process. Pretty much what I expected to begin with.

Please, Marvel, you're getting so good at loosening your grip on everything else, just loosen it on this too. It'll end up in a better costume for your purposes, too, instead of the Homer Car of superhero suits.

That makes a lot of sense. Even if you don't hate the costume it just didn't fit the aesthetic they had built up throughout the Season.

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Phylodox posted:

Which played into the "child trying to act like a man" persona. His dialogue was stilted and unnatural, but in a way that made sense for the character. You get the feeling he's such an introvert that every word out of his mouth is a painful ordeal. He's a man who's more comfortable crushing a man's head in a car door than talking to other people, but desperately wants to be anything other than that.

I agree. You can even see it in the episode where he goes on his first date with Vanessa. He act's like he's going into some dangerous mob meeting or something and the way he told Wesley "stay here, I need to do this myself" just seemed like he was going in to bust some heads and it seemed like a super big deal. Revealing he was just going out on a date really hit home how introverted he really is.

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

Doesn't he say that the first time he goes into the gallery to awkwardly ask her out?

You might be right, I'm not sure. I remember loving the scene, and I think it occurs right before the date, but it might be before asking her out. (drat you bing watching)

Still the point is there are tons of indications in his acting that he's suppose to be extremely introverted. The man's smart, he fights like a bulldozer, but gently caress if he could actually deal with people with a regular basis.

In fact, one thing I did notice was that his whole "we don't say his name" and him staying out of the limelight had probably more to do with his fear of dealing with people as opposed to any tactical benefit it gave him. Until he is shown to be talking to Vanessa, we see nothing of him. The more and more their relationship progresses, the more other characters are shown interacting with him.

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

The Sharmat posted:

I'll have you know that only 3% of his bodyweight is fat.

No, I don't know why I still remember lines from that show either.

I remember it too, and the reason was that up till then I thought he was a fat guy that Spiderman would mop the floor at in anything but a "pie eating contest". Fisk saying that line and pounding Spiderman was a pretty awesome shock and a "OMFG Spiderman's going to be toast" moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

dj_clawson posted:

If we read the show on the themes of who loses their way, Matt is really the only one who comes out clean in this season, in that he eventually makes the right decision not to murder Fisk. We've really been looking at it as the story of Matt and Fisk, and what they're capable of, but Ben Urich is no hero because of Karen's influence. The show writes him as a crusading journalist, and he sticks to that until about the end, but it's Karen who pushes him over to the world of gossip and slander, and doing immoral things to get stories (again, like breaking into senior homes, something I am really sensitive about because my grandmother just moved into one and people do try to take advantage of the people living in them), and those things get him killed.

Actually that's a pretty good point. I wonder what other characters that might work for.