Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I'm so excited for Daredevil. He's really a badass character and a lot of people had that awful movie as their introduction. Hopefully this show gives the character some much needed love.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Blazing Ownager posted:

I have to admit, Daredevil is the character I am least familiar with; I knew the basics but I was kind of surprised how violent/gritty the character is; I kind of viewed him a cut-rate blind Spider-Man before, simply because I didn't know that much about him.

Yeah, Daredevil rules. He's one of the heroes that actually killed people and didn't even bat an eye about it. He's also tortured bad guys. He's a pretty drat grimdark character.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Davros1 posted:

I thought Daredevil didn't kill? I mean, he's always giving The Punisher grief for killing people, which would make him a hypocrite if that were the case. I thought his thing, since being a lawyer, was to see these criminals put through the process of law.

I forget the run but he kills a bunch of Hand ninjas and I vaguely remember him killing Bullseye once.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I just finished S2. The jail was certainly the peak of the series. Karen felt really useless for most of the season, and The Hand stuff felt really... not that well explained and kind of stupid and pointless. Also, the ending of the Blacksmith storyline didn't really give a sense of closure. I am excited for next season though. The last few scenes were some nice setups.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Shageletic posted:

I don't think it was about sex, but about Matt having this completely insane secret life that he refused to speak up about to the detriment of her and Fogey's lives and careers.

Really? I felt she was pissed because she thought he was cheating on her. Seriously it was piss poor and conveying that.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Lycus posted:

What made it weird was how later on when she was telling Foggy, she emphasized that Matt had a woman in his bed, but didn't mention Stick or that she was clearly hurt at all.

Yeah, that combined with the fact that the crusty as gently caress blind guy didn't give her pause but the second she saw Elektra her face looked like she wanted to cry.

I think I'm going to watch the Frank in prison episode again. By far the pinnacle of the season. Whoever does casting should get a bonus for everyone except Foggy. I still felt bad for him this season though when Matt started making GBS threads on him like 4 times an episode. Also, how come no one at the hospital or in the final scene was like "Are we really fighting god drat ninjas now what the gently caress is wrong with this city?" It ruined my immersion that everyone took god drat ninjas in stride.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

PostNouveau posted:

Only through 7 episodes of Luke Cage, but man I like this dude who plays Shades. I can't believe I haven't seen him in more stuff.

The only other thing I remember him in was Sons of Anarchy

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I watched the whole thing and drat I want my 13 hours back.

Pros:

Ward was amazing, his actor was amazing. He had real character arcs and development. His motivations made sense.
The actor that played Harold was a great choice.
The drunken master scene was cool I guess. I laughed anyways.
Colleen Wing had a cool arc but the actress wasn't super strong.

Cons:
I couldn't find a motivation for Danny at all.
The fights were TERRIBLE. DD had better fights, AoS, Arrow, hell even Flash have better fights.
Lmao the one cool Iron First powers scene was in the god drat trailer.
Towards the end Joy went from a good character to a very confusing and not good character.
Danny is supposed to be the god drat Iron Fist but he constantly gets thrown around by random mooks and a god drat CEO who only ever trained by hitting a punching bag very angrily
His weird reluctance to kill the Hand
Claire

Arrgytehpirate fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Mar 20, 2017

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

homullus posted:

If by "Claire" you mean the way she was jammed into the story and kept there in a worse way than ever before, yeah.

Pretty much. She felt shoehorned just because I feel like her rolodex is gonna be the founding of the Defenders. She still hasn't learned some people need murderin' like say, an immortal psychopath

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

massive spider posted:

Which episode is WW2 Iron fist in because that sounds pretty rad but I don't want to watch this entire series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZzKc39ttFY

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Saint Freak posted:

Sometimes something is just the right level of mediocre where you think 'I'll keep watching and it will either get better and I will have made the right choice, or it will get worse and I'll stop' and it never manages to do either.

This is how I felt too put much more elegantly than I ever could.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I just finished episode 5 does this poo poo ever stop being exceedingly mediocre?