Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Is there anyone here who thoguht Daredevil was a piece of poo poo but liked Jessica Jones? Because I'm curious about Jessica Jones but think Daredevil was a piece of poo poo so I'm cautious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Fifteen minutes into first episode, already feels like a notable step above Daredevil just in terms of production/acting alone, which is an immediate relief.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

To me the popularity of Daredevil is just baffling. It was full of boring characters and storylines that lead nowhere and meant nothing. Dinofrio turned in one of the most embarassing performances of his career and people ate it up like it was fantastic. Even the action, while having a few cool fight scenes, was general TV-level blandness. It was a remarkably unappealing show visually which only heightened how pointless all the dialogue was.

The first episode of Jessica Jones had more style, at least. The bits where it was trying to be noir where a bit too ham-fisted, but there where some genuinely interesting shots and lighting choices, and even the bit-part actors did pretty good jobs. Murdoch was likable enough, but he never felt like an actual person of substance. Jones may be a broad stroke but that's at least something. I'm ganna give the show a couple more episodes, but if it starts to go more the safe, comfortable Daredevil route I'll probably bow out.

EDIT: in the end throughout all my bitching it is my own fault for sticking with the show throughout it's entire run

Calico Heart fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Nov 26, 2015

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

McNerd posted:

Once again, you don't have to agree. Hell I was pretty down on Daredevil at first myself (although as it happens, I came around). But if you don't understand why it appeals to people, after reading 100 pages of people explaining how it appeals to them, that probably says more about you than them.

If someone explained to me in great detail why exactly it is they love sucking their own poo poo out their rear end with a tube and eating it I would still also not understand the appeal.

marktheando posted:

The idea of lawyers arguing about comic book continuity in court is very funny to me.

They not only argue about it, they have really long meetings with professional comic nerds whose entire job is to A) Know asinine comic history and B) Explain it in a comprehensible way to someone who doesn't have much time.

NmareBfly posted:

The really funny thing is that this isn't the first time poo poo like this has come up in the court of law. There's a landmark case from a decade ago which determined that, because the X-Men are not human, the action figures are toys and not dolls therefore get taxed at a much lower rate. So despite everything they whine about in universe, we all know from a legal standpoint that mutants don't count as people.

this is rad as gently caress

Calico Heart fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Nov 26, 2015