Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

notthegoatseguy posted:

Iron Fist is probably most well known for being buddies with Luke Cage and their duo book of "Heroes for Hire". Even when that team doesn't have a book, they're frequently working together. There's a lot of, at best, hokey and at worst, really bad stories surrounding both characters. But the roots of both characters are strong and I'm sure they can carry their own series.

Heroes for hire was one of those moments in comics where you wonder why it doesn't happen more often-two guys team up, and rather than going their separate ways figure 'hey, we get along pretty well, let's work together'. Outside of cases why they form a team of several people, I think the only other case where it turned into a partnership was Green Arrow/Green Lantern.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Coffeehitler posted:

You're right it was $200. For $300, Luke would have kept Latveria.

I'd read that issue of What If?.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Hollismason posted:

Joe Quasada get's a lot of poo poo, but he's the first artist to be named Editor in Chief, and is kind of responsible the for the Daredevil stories we have now. He's a terrible writer, but he's a great artists and he brought some amazing talent to Marvel Comics.

Counterpoint:One More Day/One Moment In Time. :arghfist::spidey:

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Barry Convex posted:

-Vondie Curtis-Hall is great as Ben Urich, even if the "print journalism good, Internet bad" poo poo would have been embarrassingly dated a half-decade ago.

Didn't Doris actually encourage Ben to go out and use the internet to spread his story when the Bulletin refused to run it? That doesn't really jive with 'internet bad' at all-the only reason it didn't actually work was because Fisk showed up and murdered him (which arguably wouldn't have happened before he could get the story out if he'd not gone to the Bulletin first where the mole could figure out what happened-I don't think Fisk found out about the visit to the nursing home from his mother).

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

bobkatt013 posted:

Rather have hostess fruit pies

Dear Daredevil Production team:
Please make this the first scene of Series 2, thank you.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

HIJK posted:

Problem is pretty easily solved if she's biracial, which is a real thing that really happens.

Especially since her father is an ambassador, giving him plenty to reason to visit or live in other countries for long periods of time.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Sodomy Hussein posted:

They dealt with absolutely no other movie, because the TV division was kept separate so they could get a bunch of B and C-tier New York characters and pretend really hard that they were writing dramas.

I thought the problem is/was that Perlmutter and Feige got in a lot of arguments over the direction of the MCU (amogn other things Perlmutter wanted to play down the magical side of Thor, as well as forced them to change Maya Hansen from being the Mandarin), and in the end Feige went over his head and was able to take the movies independent of Perlmutter, but Perlmutter still has control over the TV division and is still salty about it.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

They had Luke Cage come up in Cloak & Dagger, it was kinda nice to see the Netflix stuff referenced elsewhere in the MCU.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GG-vIHt_E8M

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Soothing Vapors posted:

when Netflix Marvel was announced I never thought one day I'd be comparing it to a teen F-list superhero show on ABC Family unfavorably
Hey, Cloak and Dagger are at least C-List. :colbert:

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Von_Doom posted:

I vote new thread and OP. Leave the dubious quality of the Netflix stuff in their own thread. Shield has its own thread, C&D and Runaways have their own, Inhumans didn’t deserve its own thread. Let the stink of Scotty Buck end here. Daredevil was cool then halfway cool then cool again, Punisher was good then farted out a second season. Luke Cage was great before Diamondback then had a decent second season. JJ was great for the first season but it blew it as well. Iron Fist was god awful and the Defenders managed to waste everyone involved, especially Sigourney Weaver. Let’s just move on.

I mean, as good as Cloak and Dagger is, it was aslow thread. I kinda feel it maybe being part of a larger Marvel megathread would be fine. And hopefully get more people watching it.

(Watch Cloak & Dagger)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Jai Guru Dave posted:

The hell was the point of the whole El Paso ticket thing. Was there a post-credits scene where Malcolm is settling into his office and Jessica comes back and says "I changed my mind, get out"?

I think the ticket thing was literally because the plan was for her to leave and then come back in season 4, except then they found out the Netflix shows were ending and had to rewrite it.