Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

LadyPictureShow posted:

And 1x12 spoilers or such
I'm super bummed about Ben's death. I was really hoping we'd be seeing him popping up across the different shows, getting the scoop and providing some link, like he's done in some of the comic events. He had a miniseries during I think Civil War in the comics, and I liked that they had all the super-powered insanity going down from the POV of a reporter on the street

Don't worry, he'll be replaced by Marvel's greatest reporter and real star of Civil War, Sally Floyd!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

VDay posted:

I took that to mean that she's just being cryptic and is actually talking about some secret shady ninja place, not that she's just from Australia or something.

She's from K'un L'un, or...Feng-Tu? I'm not really big on Iron Fist lore, but she's otherworldly and her heroin is called Silver Dragon(and has the Silver Dragon symbol), who's an Iron Fist villian. She might not even be human.

Also, ninjas are Japanese, Leland.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

tsob posted:

Pretty sure Lady Gao is actually [general series spoilers, all episodes - also Iron Fist stuff]Crane Mother, matriach of the mystical city of Ku'n-Zi and that she'll be one of the primary antagonists, if not the primary antagonist of the Iron Fist show. Her champion would be Iron Fist's arch-nemesis, Davos, the Steel Serpent, rather than the Silver Dragon. The fact that the heroin she was selling was called Steel Serpent and had the same symbol as Davos' mystical tattoo would indicate pretty well she's his sponsor, not any of the others.

I totally meant to say Steel Serpent. Steel, Silver, Serpent, Dragon, both Iron Fist villians, easy to get mixed up.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Hollismason posted:

Daredevil : A Christian warrior comes into conflict with the Devil and has to regain his faith.

Daredevil is a gritty Bibleman reboot.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

So...superhero stories would be better if the heroes killed more innocent people?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Stunt Rock posted:

They also implied that Asgard's Magic was really just super advanced technology. Not even in a subtle way. Thor basically outright says it.

Magic doesn't stop being magic just because people call it scientific. Gods, angels, and demons are aliens residing in other dimensions even in the actual myths even if they aren't called that. The whole "science vs magic" thing is silly. Same thing. That also gets said in Thor.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I really want Danny to be Asian too. It really sucks that all the heroes with their own solo film/shows up this point are white and with the exception of Peggy, men

Xealot posted:

You're not. It happened over the weekend at some point; the thumbnail changed.

My prediction is, they didn't want to spoil what the suit looked like for binge-watching nerds and held off on that for a few days. Now there's a suit so more casual watchers will know, "hey, superheroes."

When I first saw it, I thought it must have changed because I finished it. It's a total bait and switch to new viewers, though. The costume is awesome, but he doesn't wear it till the last bit of the last episode.

WickedHate fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Apr 14, 2015

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Deadpool posted:

Correct answer.

You wouldn't say that about Luke Cage.

zoux posted:

Prepare yourself for Danny to not be Asian.

Chances are low, but he really needs to be.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I'm glad they didn't do Elektra this season, because I've never cared about her. I've never cared about Daredevil too awfully much either before this series though.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Did they put the date on the screen or something? I thought Drops of Jupiter playing was meant to indicate it took place in 2001.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

teagone posted:

I'm watching Daredevil 2003 right now. Yeesh.

Theatrical or director's cut?

I really liked that version of Matt and Bullseye, but otherwise yeah it wasn't that great, aside from giving the world Evanescence's Bring Me To Life, an unironically really cool song despite what everyone says.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
And whoever left would have to live under Hydra's rule, which isn't likely to be all that fun.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Awesome, they straight up turned the show into a pulp novel.

Well, something sure is is getting pulped in that clip alright.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Fortunately, that doesn't actually narrow it down all that much.

There's that one particular blind lawyer who keeps getting involved in Daredevil related activities, though.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Light Gun Man posted:

Anyone pull a 4k screenshot of Fisk staring at his painting from ep 8 for making terrible photoshop jokes with yet? You know it needs a loss edit.

I'm looking forward to the inevitable dickbutt.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
By that logic there's a realistic chance Superman is gonna be blue, white, and crackling with electricity by the end of Dawn of Justice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
There were times I was completely sure it was the guy from Criminal Intent, but said "Nah, it can't be" before finding out it actually was. He has a very distinctive way of talking.