Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Deadpool posted:

Cox, Henson, and Woll are all so drat likable in their roles.

Add Dawson to this list. Loving this show a ton right now, only at episode 5, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Narcissus1916 posted:

This is driving me crazy and imdb is failing me. In episode 2, who's the actor playing the mobster in the flashbacks with curly red hair?

Gharty from Homicide.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
That all sounds needlessly grimdark for a Marvel Cinematic Universe show.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
You're right, it's what I thought was the case the whole time. It didn't confuse me at all, although [Masked Man] made me lol each time it happened.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Can we all at least agree that 1x11 Wesley's death was a huge loving surprise and awesome moment?

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

LadyPictureShow posted:

I agree. I thought the Daredevil body armor was kinda cool looking, but I did prefer the 'homemade' outfit, especially the bandanna

I might need to go back and rewatch like a sperg, but (general costume question) did Matt's costume keep 'improving' as the episodes went on? It seemed like he went from like, a black sweater to black underarmor, to some sort of tactical shirt. I don't know if he was refining it, or just throwing on whatever long-sleeved black shirt that wasn't cut to Hell

Costume/through 1x13: No, he only considered armor after the Nobu fight kicked the everloving poo poo out of him and he found that Fisk wore something cloth-like that deflected a blade. He was black shirt and mask until the fight with Fisk in episode 13. Hell, there was even an entire subplot about him going to see Potter and then picking up the outfit and poo poo!

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

TheJoker138 posted:

Gau is obviously from K'un L'un, and connected to the Steel Serpent, what with it being the name of her heroin and all. She's probably the Crane Mother.

E: Like Kobu and The Hand, I think her intentions were left intentionally vague, and we'll probably get more on it in Iron Fist and Defenders. I'm pretty sure that The Hand needed those few specific blocks because they're going to build something like Shadowland there.

Just for reference, it was Nobu, not Kobu. And Gao, not that that's too different from Gau in pronunciation to us but I had the subtitles on so I know it. That's all.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

dj_clawson posted:

He never kills anybody. Sure, he points them into comas, of gives them lasting damage that maybe cripples them for life, but he doesn't directly kill anybody. Wait, except that guy he set on fire. He killed that guy.

He died, but it wasn't intentional. Matt was deflecting his sickle and it struck a light right over the gas-soaked man. Self-defense.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Sorvah posted:

To be fair in Cap 2 it sounded like Hydra where really only a threat to other gifted individuals. Me? I'm bang average, I'd have been fine.

Nah, Hydra's protocol was going to eliminate literally anyone who ever googled the wrong thing. It had millions of targets just within the United States, if I recall correctly, including the President and Tony Stark. Not just every super-powered individual.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

Oh my god doom crying... Yeah this is what I was thinking happened "We threaten the entire planet on a regular basis but 2000 Americans? My god...the horror..."

Also is that Magneto just...like doing nothing? Can he not lift beams that have been melted to pure molten metal from the heat of jet fuel??

Magneto can't stop super-thermite.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

reignonyourparade posted:

They presumably didn't know about Thor being on Earth, so Hydra's rule PROBABLY wouldn't have "stuck" after Thor smashed up their Superweapons.

Hahahaha, what a plot hole, thanks for reminding me. Captain America 2: Thor 3: The Complete Destruction Of 3 Helicarriers By Thor Alone.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Nah, it's not that, it's that the timetable of Cap2 was so thin that they didn't have time to call in any assets like Iron Man or The Hulk to deal with Hydra launching Insight.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

reignonyourparade posted:

It's still a good thing that Cap and co stopped them first though because they would've killed a hell of a lot of people regardless, so I wouldn't exactly call it a PLOT hole. The Stakes are just somewhat lower than everyone thinks they are, but still pretty high.

No, I don't either. I just meant that, if Insight went online, Thor could've blown through all 3 Helicarriers alone without a dent. Granted, he would've been a few million lives down at that point, so it's not arguing about how good the outcome was.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Everyone did, don't worry. It's going to be a likely season 2 plot.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
That loving trailer, Jesus Christ.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

mikeraskol posted:

If Iron Fist even happens :negative:

What possible reason could there be for you to say something like this when Marvel has a deal with Netflix and will deliver the 4 series with the Defenders capper, and now with a second Daredevil season as a bonus?

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Its delivery date is a year away, minimum. A year ago did we have every detail of Jessica Jones hammered out? I say extreme pessimism is a little absurd, at this point. Marvel has this poo poo down, man. They'll find a lead and they'll have a showrunner and they'll have a broad outline of the series down before summer.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Netflix Marvel news: The Punisher may very well be getting his own series with Bernthal in the role. Everyone is pleased.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Or it's a prequel series to his presence in Daredevil S2.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
He seems a pretty apt representation of police and military men, actually.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I really wanna be your friend~

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Is it just me or is March 18th really close.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
OHHHHHH, IT'S JUST PATSY!

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Rachael Taylor posted a picture of herself with red hair. Hellcat in JJ S2 likely!

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
He is, though Ser Loras Tyrell has been somewhat bastardized by the TV show version. From "When the sun has set, no candle can replace it" to comedy gay character. Sigh.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Basically, even the worst roles on Game of Thrones are filled by the best actors. Doran Martell, for instance. Give Alexander Siddig a role that, in the books, was absolutely amazing and completely change that role and then reduce its screen time to 5 minutes over a season. That's cool.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
The in-universe explanation for usage of the rainbow motif is that the Faith of the Seven happens to use the same. It's a way of being pious, not of being faggy.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Netflix's Marvel's Daredevil: You Win Or You Die

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I am GoT's #1 biggest fanboy for its first four seasons, but there's no way it's better than Daredevil. EQUAL, yes, but not better.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I don't know how anyone can hate D'Whatever (LOL!!! ;) ) when he's such a loving chameleon. I didn't even recognize him in Jurassic World and I knew he was in it.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
The facial hair of his in Jurassic World was a new one. And I had just seen him in Daredevil, so it's not like I had completely forgotten what he looked like, it's just that he's so good at acting that he can switch up roles like that and not be immediately recognizable.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Watch half of Full Metal Jacket immediately.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I've only seen FMJ once, and I was like 17. So I didn't get the movie fully. M I C K E Y M O U S E

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Deakul posted:

Are you dumb?

No, I said I didn't get the film because I was too young when I saw it. I would likely understand it better now as a 30-something than as a teenager.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
EXCELLENT season. Matt never killed anybody in the most literal sense because the undead/re-living ninjas could just resurrect like Nobu does after he's hucked from the building top.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Newspaper Clipping speculation: I think the implication is that Karen was responsible for his death, was driving the car or something.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I think the Dogs of Hell are the group that Frank shot at that Matt had to beat up in the awesome hallway fight scene, so they weren't JUST an off-screen entity.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
http://collider.com/luke-cage-plot-details-netflix-mike-colter/

An interview with Mike Colter has some plot details, and another non-answer on whether or not Jessica Jones will appear. I have a feeling we'll be seeing her, but that's based on nothing but hope. I can't wait for Luke Cage.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
In Netflix news, from September onwards, Netflix will become the exclusive US pay TV home of the latest films from Disney, Marvel, Lucasfilm and Pixar. That's big news for them, considering that means a ton of people will be forced to subscribe if they want Marvel or Disney or Star Wars or Pixar stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Jesus Christ. Gimme dat. Defenders, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, I just can't loving wait for 2017 already.