Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth Ballz
Apr 30, 2003
Feel the burn

Gyges posted:

1X08
Maybe, but it's going to be a lot cheaper just to bribe those guys.Fisk already owns huge swaths of the legal system, why are local politicians apparently so much harder to buy/blackmail than everyone else?

Not sure, but you can make the case that local politicians don't want prestige, power, or money, and they have just enough ambition to want to make their neighborhood a better place and nothing more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Ballz
Apr 30, 2003
Feel the burn

tsob posted:

I would assume that, if there is a second season Karen would take over his role in the story and become the dogged journalist tracking down a story because both Ben and his wife note on multiple occasions that she has the persistence and desire for it, just not the skill as of yet. Plus, making her the younger and more open-minded avatar of internet journalism gives her something to actually do in a second season beyond be Nelson and Murdock's secretary or a love interest for Matt, which wouldn't give her much to do on it's own.

Noooooo! We don't need another show to utilize the "hot female friend who is an internet blogger" trope. I think every super hero show ever has had one (except Agent Carter, naturally). Surely, the writers can be tasked to give her more to do than just be that or a damsel in distress.

Darth Ballz
Apr 30, 2003
Feel the burn

tsob posted:

Or people like Ben, who are trying to expose the kind of corporate problems that a superhero normally doesn't deal with unless there's a kingpin involved. Which is why I've always wanted to see a Batman story where he actually passes the cape on to one of his proteges and starts taking the business and charity aspect of his character more seriously because he realizes he can do more good for more people as Bruce Wayne than as Batman given that there are lots of folks who can punch good, but not as many socially minded billionaires. Sadly, it's unlikely to happen. Even Nolan's Dark Knight just hosed off to have a wife and kids in the middle of nowhere instead, and that's probably about as good a shot as anyone was likely to get. Batman Beyond's Bruce Wayne probably did it for a decade or two off-screen I suppose.

Except for the part he donated his mansion to the orphanage. Almost all of his money was taken by creditors.

Darth Ballz
Apr 30, 2003
Feel the burn

Wolpertinger posted:

Yeah, the cops were a little bit too willing to start murdering other cops, dirty or not. The SWAT team in episode 5 or 6 stands out in particular, especially considering that the guy didn't have a clue anything criminal was going on in the first place.

I am pretty sure those SWAT guys were fake; they had all the accoutrements but they were just assassins.

Darth Ballz
Apr 30, 2003
Feel the burn

Gaz-L posted:

To be fair, the stuff about him being genuine about his love for Vanessa and going nuts if she's hurt is true to the comics.

Also, his raw strength and fighting ability.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Ballz
Apr 30, 2003
Feel the burn

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Electra would be a nice addition, Matt needs another cape to play as his foil so he can stay a bit grounded. I don't know much more about his rogue's gallery except for Bullseye, whom I suspect would be a natural fit for the next season. I doubt he'd be the main villain, and I don't think they'll bring back Fisk again so soon (I'd save his return for a third season big twist). I hadn't even considered the Punisher showing up, that'd blow my goddamn mind.

Have you ever seen Dardevil's rogues gallery? You pretty much need Elektra and Punisher just to make him more legit, because outside of Bullseye and MAYBE Tombstone and Owl (Purple Man is in Jessica Jones), you have a lot of nonsense.