Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Trump posted:

Is it good? Worth getting Netflix for?

I hate hate hate 90% of the Marvel Cinematic Universe and so far I'm digging it, so I'd say, plunk down 9 bucks and watch it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

WarLocke posted:

So I can't watch this until later tonight. :smithicide:

Can I assume by the reactions I'm seeing in here that the fights are as/more brutal than Banshee's?

Not as brutal as that but more than what you'd see on network TV.

On that note, the opening to 1x03 :stare:

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

zoux posted:

I will recommend watching with a good set of headphones or stereo system, they spent a lot of effort on the audio.

I like this approach instead of the dumb sonar vision they used in the movie. It works much much better in live action stuff.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

less laughter posted:

In the first episode, one of the crooks says “You be quiet, I'll let you have a bucket.”

What's that bucket for? IDGI.

He was gonna stuff them in a cargo container and ship them overseas. The bucket was to pee and poop in.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

WarLocke posted:

Is it just me or does this really not feel like part of the MCU? The quality is just ridiculous. Maybe it's how gritty it all is.

This. There's barely any references to the MCU itself. I only noticed 2 in the pilot. If there's more, please list them. Also there's no goddamn Infinity Gems in this.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

So the Greek girl Foggy mentioned is Elektra?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

bobkatt013 posted:

Without a doubt.

FIgured. That person has to show up eventually in the show. Too big a part of the Daredevil character.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Roxxon. My favorite fake company name in comics.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

So does that mean Daredevil isn't getting a season 2? Or is that a 'to be determined' thing?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Christ I hope they keep Daredevil out of the Avengers side of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Get Frank Miller's stuff. It's amazing and hugely influential on other stuff. Fractions was good. I'm loving the current Waid run as well.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

DivisionPost posted:

Yeah, they're totally hiding something, which is why they just screened the entire first episode for NY Comic Con.

I know what you're saying, and I think the show will be pretty good, but screening something at a Comic-con doesn't mean poo poo. They'll show lots of awful stuff that gets a standing O.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I haven't watched much yet, but uhhhh, yeah. How 'bout that Punisher fellow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

What's the future of these shows on Netflix? What's left in their Disney deal?