Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It'll be interesting to see how they do Iron Fist as his whole thing is pretty heavy on the mysticism, which the MCU hasn't really dabbled in yet.

Edit: Also hoping the Iron Fist show brings in the other Immortal Weapons.

muscles like this! fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Mar 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Riptor posted:

Isn't there something in a few MCU movies about a dude driving a Ryder truck and the theory is that it's the Punisher?

It was a thing in Winter Solider where supposedly the truck that wiped out some of the cops chasing Fury was being driven by the Punisher but who knows.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Dexo posted:

Hell's Kitchen the most dangerous place in the world to buy free range organic mayonnaise.

It was de-gentrified by the events of Avengers.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

jng2058 posted:

Almost Human was the only cop shop in history where the best part was the two cops bantering in the car on the way to cases. The actual cases themselves were the fairly pedestrian crimes-with-a-sci-fi-twist one would expect, but the chemistry between the two leads was fantastic. Not enough to save the show as it turned out, but still really good. (Also, it didn't help that Fox once again hosed with the broadcast order because Fox.)

The thing that really killed it wasn't the episode order thing but instead how they advertised the hell out of the premier and then unceremoniously pushed it back by like a month.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Although now that he has the costume/armor they'll probably cut down on the injured scenes in season 2.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Snak posted:

yeah I mean, he's basically a ninja. Compare to Oliver Queen, who also "gets injured a lot" but is just a badass about it and it gets waved away. Matt's injuries don't seem to slow down his fighting much, but they do persist between episodes, which is a nice touch.

Oliver has been gravely wounded a couple of times and when that happens they do try and have time pass before he's back up. In the first season he got injured on a mid season break and they acted like the real world time passed.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Snak posted:

You're actually right about that. I got carried away ragging on Arrow.

Well, the big difference is that on Arrow he just doesn't get injured that much. Most of what you see is just flesh wounds, nothing as bad as what Matt gets hit with on Daredevil.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Snak posted:

It's true, I can't remember the exact episode/line, but this season takes place over at least six months. Which may be kind of surprising.

Six months seems a little long.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I wonder what the odds are of Nobu making a surprise return next season. The Hand love bringing people back to life and there was talk about them "preparing" his body.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They could always retcon Bullseye in as the sniper Fisk hires to shoot all those cops.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Snak posted:

It's like they picked the worst size of eye holes.

I think that's my biggest problem with his costume. The eyes just look weird.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Sharmat posted:

Hydra won't be in any of these shows not just because they don't fit the tone, but because by this point in the MCU Hydra is utterly devastated and will likely take years to reconstitute into a threat.

The guy that SHIELD has been chasing showed up in AoU just long enough to show that he got away so there's still that to clean up. Although they still have a finale and might finish him off there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It was also to show just how powerful Fisk was. Even with all that evidence all it got them was Ben killed.