Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

notthegoatseguy posted:

Also did Claire take the guy to the hospital that she knows is controlled by The Hand?

Do they control it? They attacked it, and the hospital covered it up because it all sounds loving nuts*. I don't think the coverup was directed by the Hand.

*I guess even in a world where "my home was destroyed when invading aliens were fought off by a billionaire, a Norse god, a WW2 mascot, and some kind of rage monster" is a totally normal and believable sentence, people are skeptical of "immortal ninjas did it."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
As open as Danny is about telling everyone he meets about magical kung fu cities and evil ninjas, it's pretty lucky that he never brought it up in a press conference or interview.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
What's with these shows being so reluctant to name-drop Avengers? The average person in the MCU wouldn't know Hulk or Thor by name, but Iron Man and Captain America are public figures. Is there a licensing issue or something that leaves us with the Defenders talking about "iron suits" and "flag-wavers"? Are they worried people will expect cameos? Whatever it is, it's super awkward.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

counterfeitsaint posted:

I really liked the short clip of 1950s Iron First beating the hell out of the soldiers. It really drives home how lovely Danny is at all this.

I liked it because, at 16 seconds, it was probably the longest continuous shot for any fight all season.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

Thaddius the Large posted:

Come to think of it, where was Danny's costume?

'40s Iron Fist was wearing it.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
I thought Harold might try to figure out how to steal or replicate the Iron Fist powers, or acquire something that would lead to a surprisingly evenly matched finale fight. Swinging pipes around is fine too, probably.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

notthegoatseguy posted:

Finn Jones is 29 and there's really no indication that he's playing a significantly older or younger character than his current age. Take 15 years away and that leaves us with crash at 14.

I'm pretty sure they specifically say he was 10 when the plane crashed.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
Did we ever see Finn Jones do fighterly things as Loras Tyrell? There were a few chances, but I don't recall them actually happening in the show.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

Javid posted:

Is the "special" armor savant a character in the comics?

Yup.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

Gyges posted:

season two episode three

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
Until they show me otherwise, I'm going to assume he beat the dragon at, like, early aughts hip-hop trivia or something.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
Does Danny ever directly punch someone with the Iron Fist? I remember him blowing out that door, blocking a bullet, and doing that shockwave thing, but does he ever just straight-up wreck a dude with a punch? Weird omission if not.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

notthegoatseguy posted:

They apparently thought banking on Game of Thrones popularity would be worth it. I'm sorry I know there's like a zillion characters on GOT, but I don't remember anything Finn Jones did there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xVjjOOiA40

Another role where he talks about being a good fighter.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
He even says in an early episode that acting like he's in a real fight would end with a bunch of bodies.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

HIJK posted:

He's probably referring to the fact that season 2 might be an improvement, especially if they get a different showrunner. Is this difficult to understand?

What's difficult to understand is why he went on about how nobody will give it a chance in response to someone saying they assumed season two would be better.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

flosofl posted:

DDS2, they had the big hole in the ground from which they apparently recovered the resurrection sarcophagus

Is that confirmed? I got the impression they weren't digging for something but to something, if that makes sense.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

DrNutt posted:

While Diamondback is a little silly, I don't really get the dislike for Luke Cage in general. I really loved how unashamed it was of being an incredibly black show, from the amazingly well curated soundtrack, to the Method Man cameo, down to the details like the kind of poo poo Luke's got in his medicine cabinet.

Those aren't the elements that people are complaining about, though (in this thread, anyway). The complaints I've seen usually have to do with Diamondback being an uncompelling character, the magic bullets undercutting the show's themes, or the weirdness of Harlem rooting for the police to shoot Luke Cage.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

TFRazorsaw posted:

Does anyone believe Gao is really dead?

Are we supposed to? (Episode 8, I think) Meaningfully receding into the shadows is the last thing I recall seeing her do.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
I wonder if they've been so coy about Shou Lao because they didn't want to invite a comparison with Game of Thrones on CG quality.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

Aphrodite posted:

If I had a bionic arm I would not only go sleeveless, I would get t-shirts that say "I'm with My Bionic Arm" and an arrow.

Already kind of a thing, apparently:

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

Mike N Eich posted:

There's an easy fix for that - go to 8-10 episodes, which is the perfect length for any tv show

I think they were hamstrung by their contract with Netflix, which required that Marvel produce x episodes in y months. Going forward, yeah, I hope they aim for fewer episodes per season.

Lurdiak posted:

Yeah that worked out so great for Defenders.

It's not like that show's problem was that it needed five more episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

zoux posted:

The Hail to the Chief scene is up there with anything in the MCU.

:agreed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niqZnjPvwv0