Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Saw episode 1 and thought there was no way the fight choreography could stay so good.

Just finished episode 3 and it's not letting up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Did I spot a Stan Lee cameo in episode 13? When Hoffman turns himself in, I think he's on a poster to the right of the desk sergeant.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

I just realised that I think the N&M team seem to act as a study in shame. It's most obvious in Matt with his Catholicism, feeling it and sharing it, and Karen with her past, Ben and Wesley. But thinking about it, Foggy is pretty much shameless much of the time.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Not had time to collect my thoughts until now. I was slightly annoyed by Netflix changing the show's tile here in the UK, don't know if it happened elsewhere but initially it was the title and the image from the billboard ads of Matt proudly showing his busted knuckles, but around Saturday it was switched to one of him in the costume, which undermined the reveal a bit.

I think the main thing is that there didn't seem to be any weak performances or under-realised characters, I found myself really liking Leland. Neither Foggy nor Karen had the problems I thought they might, both proving to be far from useless. Karen has stuff to deal with, but doesn't want saving by anyone else, and Foggy is far from an oblivious dofus forever failing to see evidence of Matt's sideline work. His episode when he finds out was incredible character work, and I liked how how straight away he said lying to Karen was a big deal, and it really made you buy this was someone who found the entire relationship between him and Matt was not as he thought.

I'm sure there's been talk of a second season, and they'd be crazy not to, I think. By doing complete season releases they can dodge oversaturation. And with the themes they deal with, I think Bullseye has to be a dead-cert to show up. Shame and guilt is a recurring theme, and Bullseye is prideful. Really want to see what they could do with a projectile based fight, and the costume should be good too. I figure he'd start as a hired gun sent to kill Daredevil, but after being beaten a few time he turns into someone primarily motivated by a desire to beat and antagonise Daredevil, up to getting a costume made.

I might watch again with the audio description on, that was really interesting and well-done, and I want to hear the description of the costume reveal. It was also interesting to see all the aids for the blind in the show, I had no idea there were mechanical braille things like that for using computers, and the simplified smartphone interface that announces callers. I'm guessing there was a deal with Android, everyone seemed to have really big displays that you could see the OS on.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

NutritiousSnack posted:

Yeah, I mean he was posting conspiracy theories on the internet and had been told by Silvermane a couple of months ago that the one reason he helped Ben was because he kept his family out of it. He was a dead man.

So are we getting Owl next season plus Fisk's return to the top? I hope we get Bullseye and Electra soon too.

I'm guessing no Owl since he got thrown through a lift door. I suspect if it was ever discussed they opted to use the name and not the alias as a lot of people would see a Penguin clone. Electra seems like a safe bet as she's been referenced and Bullseye just seems a perfect fit.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

PriorMarcus posted:

The majority of Netflix cover images switch out randomly between a handful of different ones.

The Daredevil one changed from the black outfit to the red gear I think on the Sunday after it came out. Undermined the reveal a bit.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

zoux posted:

That would rule. I know JJ took some scenes straight from the comic down to staging panels in certain shots, but
I can't recall if there was anything like that in DD.

Also dudes tied to trees writhing in agony is very common catholic iconography.

Didn't we see a preview shot of DD chained to a chimney?

Just putting it out there, we probably want a new thread title.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Heavy Metal posted:

Plus, he was memorably in Frank Miller's Daredevil run a few years before he got his first Punisher mini-series.

And an also memorable appearance by Daredevil in that highlights the opposing worldviews of Frank and Matt in Ennis's "Welcome Back Frank", which seems to be getting incorporated into the show.

BizarroAzrael fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Feb 23, 2016

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

S02E5 -
drat Cox is good at looking blind in the gym with Elektra.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Speaking of: s02e06:
When Matt gets into Elektra's car he has a shirt with a button-down colour, he then takes another shirt off and puts a third on.