Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ant Man is being made because Edgar Wright likes the character and had been working on it since before the MCU was a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The best thing about Hank Pym is that he sucks so much he's not even the leading authority on Pym Particles.

tsob posted:

They're making an Ant-man film, I assume at least partially because...

All of that is wrong. They're making an Antman film because Edgar Wright likes Antman and he got the rights to do a movie about him. Edgar Wright also takes for-loving-ever to get anything done so it took so long it landed in the middle of the MCU.

It's Scott Lang because the guy who got the rights to it and wrote the movie likes Scott Lang more than Hank Pym, like any right thinking person should.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ant-Man's rights were originally sold most likely because he was cheap, but that deal fell apart and has nothing to do with the current production except that it's where Wright became involved.

The current Ant-Man production is 100% Marvel, so they're neither concerned with him being cheap, or being a founding Avenger since in the MCU he isn't. They decided to hire Wright because they liked the work he had already done. So were it not for his script, the movie would have gone into limbo like Morbius, Longshot and Power Pack.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's not the powers. It's the magic.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's okay when it's a minority.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She doesn't have to be Greek, it's not really important.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That can be anyone though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Some people were mad Superman isn't American.

Medullah posted:

"You're Japanese? I thought you said you were Greek?". " No, I said I was a GEEK what are you deaf AND blind???". Problem solved

She ate gyros a lot and Matt just assumed.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Medullah posted:

Plus, you have Liefeld to thank for Deadpool.

Not a plus.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nobody involved in the TV stuff did anything.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He also kills Wolverine by stomping his balls.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I saw an article in the Facebook sidebar about the show, and the little preview block said December but when I clicked it the real article said Fall.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They changed it a few months ago.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

HIJK posted:

I stopped watching Agents after the turgid hostage exchange episode left me in a temporary coma, did it ever improve?

Probably but I don't know specifically which episode that is.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

And since that's all Irish Joe posts, kismet.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's supposed to be flying I think.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Well if it's a jump it's terrible because none of the angles or distances make sense.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It was a MAX book.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

In Marvel Heroes Symbiote Spidey's quote when Punisher is nearby is "Hey Frank, how's the family?"

I guess one of Spidey's base traits is being a dick to Frank Castle.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The guy in charge hasn't been photographed since the 80s. We're lucky to get teasers.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I wouldn't expect combat scenes.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Irony (n):

TheJoker138 posted:

People went nuts for Suicide Squad and that movie looks like a steaming pile of poo poo as drawn by a goth 14 year old in 1997.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Angel is responsible for Bones being a thing, so Angel is one of television's greatest crimes.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Fox. Sony is Spider-Man.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The rumors originally never said anything about Punisher replacing Iron Fist on the Defenders team.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Hinted but not in the least bit demonstrated.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If you think a tired old stereotype tired old stereotyping Daredevil in a fight is a heavy foundation for dragon fighting you're crazy.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Xealot posted:

Yeah, I agree. I don't get why people are so hung up on how difficult it'd be to portray more mystical/fantasy elements.

People aren't. Earlier rumors claimed Marvel was having trouble with the mystical elements of the story. People are discussing why that may be.

Some other people think that a lot of cryptic dialogue and an old lady hitting Daredevil kind of hard are basically the same as a magic kung fu dimension where you fight dragons and don't see how these difficulties could possibly be true.

Nobody's saying it can't be done.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I guess Patsy Walker is Trish Walker instead too.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kheldarn posted:

The image says both C and F. If that's Celcius, then yeah, otherwise, I'm at 71 F.

You can see the F is blue, to click and change it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Elucidarius posted:

Funny thing is I noticed in the beginning of the season she actually had Wild Turkey (specifically at Luke's bar), but towards the end it was replaced with Wild Fowl.

Pretty sure it's a joke about how she's buying cheap, knockoff stuff.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Drythe posted:

Even more-so, she had to of asked Hogarth tom come there! She probably would have done that via text!

Obviously she used Hey Google

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

LibbyM posted:

I don't want to read through the thread and find spoilers, but in a really vague sense can someone answer does this show wrap up it's story arc, or is everyone stuck waiting for a season 2?

It ends.

There are other minor threads opened up that could lead to a season 2, or can be resolved in Defenders or something.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It doesn't completely blow the ending like Daredevil if that's what you're worried about.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Drythe posted:

It's super loving hard to delete files to the point you can't recover them and we'll beyond what a cop can do/would have access to.

If it was a one off thing fine, but that excuse is raised so many times at so many different places it'd annoying.

Cops have guns and screwdrivers.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Drythe posted:

That's not how servers work :qq:

Sure they do. Eventually.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mods please change my name to either Murdercorpse or Snuffcarcas.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

zoux posted:

I'm rereading Alias right now but (comics spoilers) when Kilgrave was venting about what he was going to do to Jessica and said "I'll make her want me and never give her what she wants", that's what he did to her in the comics right? Also, how do comic fans feel about changing that to explicitly rape in the show? I don't think it's a big deal, because the show takes the clear position that the true violation of Kilgrave is his power and not necessarily what he makes people do.

Yes.

I don't think the original version would quite fit in the show. Kilgrave isn't out to torture Jessica when he first gets her or anything. He likes her.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I think you are giving the average police department too much credit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Hollismason posted:

I thought the videos showed his parents experimenting on other children as well for their own benefit. When Jessica calls that guy he's like " Good loving riddance, I didn't have anything to do with what they were involved with".

Kilgrave said those videos were from other facilities.