Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Daredevil's big season climax is done terribly though so it didn't help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's true, that is seemingly the only word you know.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

By that logic since Damon Lindelof can never pull off a full TV season without some bad episodes that drag but still manages to have many real good episodes, his movie writing credits must be amazing.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Omnomnomnivore posted:

It’s not that there’s something impossible about the episode count, but in practice the 13-heavily-serialized/bingable hours model they’re stuck with is consistently resulting in a lot of frustrating filler. Would be better either to tailor the length to the story, or have more standalones.

Maybe just hire good writers.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Soothing Vapors posted:

Maybe, instead of making bad television, Netflix should make gooder television, instead. I'm Aphrodite, and this has been my Nuclear Hot Take for the afternoon

Maybe just hire a good writer.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

1994 Toyota Celica posted:

about the best bit of vigilantism he manages is stopping Cockroach from beating on his girlfriend, but he wasn't there to help her specifically any more than the cops were when they showed up to take Cockroach away.

He was that time. The old neighbor he spoke to the first time he visited called him about it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Phenotype posted:

I don't get all the hate for Defenders to be perfectly honest.

Sorry. I hope there's surgery for that.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Giant aliens immune to small arms fire isn’t really an argument for a gun.

Give everyone a bazooka.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I’m not much further and I can’t tell if it’s bad chemistry between the actors, or the actors playing bad chemistry between the characters.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He's a shill for Netflix and Microsoft, don't try to logic with him.

You're right, it doesn't have a single positive critic review:
http://www.metacritic.com/tv/marvels-iron-fist/critic-reviews

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

adhuin posted:

Check the user reviews. Clear majority of them were positive.

100% of user reviews on Metacritic are fake.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dias posted:

The REAL issue is that Finn Jones couldn't really do fight scenes, and the choreography didn't help. The Colleen stuff was miles better even considering it's still bad overall. Maybe he'll do better in S2, with a better choreographer and more time to train.

Anyway, I finished Luke Cage S2 and...hey, it was good! S1 started well and then became probably the worst Marvel Netflix show at the time, so I was fearing the worst, but it worked out just fine. It does have the usual pacing issues but it also has way better narrative and dialogues.

That was an issue, but it still would have been a bad show even with the best fight scenes on TV (see: Into the Badlands.)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's okay to hire actors who aren't martial artists and use quick cutting to disguise it.

I mean not so much in Iron Fist, but like Taken or something? Sure. Although doing it for climbing a fence is absurd.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Bust Rodd posted:

Nah actually Punisher is probably one of the best seasons of TV ever imo. Please name other action-dramas that deliver as hard in Season 1.

Like any other low budget show you’ve never heard of that somehow ran for 4 seasons on Cinemax.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Soothing Vapors posted:

put some respect on Banshee's name you son of a bitch

It'a also Strike Back!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

howe_sam posted:

Strike Back made me actively question Alan Sepinwall's taste. What a loving ugly, odious show.

Not all his other really bad opinions?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Android Blues posted:

Also it shouldn't need to have the medium of its storytelling be, "the Defenders stand around awkwardly for half an hour while Stick tells them the entire plot".

That was like the only good episode of it though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Well hey, Sleepy Hollow was pretty go-

Starting with season 2.

Oh.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dias posted:

I believe that Finn can act, he's just a lousy choice for an Iron Fist, the hippie thing feels more annoying stoner friend from college than legit fish outta water.

Uh, it’s not like he decided to play him that way.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's how they film fight scenes.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They're not mistakes really. It's a budget and time choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Punisher applied it's bad filler nobody cared about evenly throughout the whole series.