Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

So I've been painting my Heavy Dragonspawn kits, which I magnetized since one is from the Legion starter and the other AIO so this gives me some nice variety, and I've run into a snag - the magnets keep ripping themselves free. Any suggestions on the best adhesive to keep these little guys in? Epoxy? I had prepared the surfaces but any attempt at regluing isn't working overly well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

KPC_Mammon posted:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000DD1QH

I had the same problem, then I switched glues. I was using a really inconsistent brand from the hardware store before.
Yeah, I tried two different glues, but I'll see if that brand is sold in Canada before running the epoxy idea.

I was using Le Page stuff but it has been pretty inconsistent.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

How were you using it wrong?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Everyone is bad at pinning until they've done tons of pinning.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Star Man posted:

Jesus god drat christ I hate super glue. It never fails that I'll turn the bottle over and end up peeling off all the epidermis from my hands five minutes later.
If the application will take it, try getting the lepage gel type stuff. It has saved me peeling a lot of skin off my fingers, though I do think it is a little weaker.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Remember that you can use baking soda and moisture (spit is fine, you can use distilled water) to set CA glue. CA sets in the presence of moisture, not just air, which can help a bit to realize.

Baking soda was talked about a bit earlier in the thread.

BlackIronHeart posted:

I haven't worked with PP plastics but
PP advises against using plastic cement as it is said to not set with their formula?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Is it just diluted acetone or is it just something else?

Unrelated: Has anyone ever written a guide on using Kroma Crackle on minis? I bought a tube on the thread's suggestion, and while the results aren't bad, I feel like I'm misusing it a little... Or maybe just not using enough. It took like four days to dry, which is way more than the tube suggested...

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Is it possible to dullcote over pledge future coats? I've just being sealing up my early paint jobs (which are bad) with it, but I've wondered if that's just it or I can put a matte seal over it.

Well, I guess less is it possible, more is it effective

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

NTRabbit posted:

Vallejo only has blue primer in their 17ml range, and that's an awful costly way to prime a lot of terrain.
I have no idea if they pulled it out of their rear end or what, but meeplemart lists an Ultramarine vallejo surface primer in 60ml as 'coming soon'. That's not useful to you, but maybe Vallejo is coming out with such a product?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Fauxtool posted:

can you get sable brushes in canada?
I have an escoda reserva sitting right beside me, so sure can

It's the worst brush I've ever bought

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Are ghost tints ok for brush work or are they something to wait for an airbrush to pick up?

BULBASAUR posted:

I think I was the one that shared that link. Sorry, I had no idea that Amazon was that lovely :(
I think anyone who knows those brushes at all realized getting them for 75% off was unlikely, but worth the shot!

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I was under the impression the Air metallics were the ones you're supposed to buy?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Do you mean this guy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=user?MiniwargamerJ?videos

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Wow, that's $72 CDN at meeplemart for a damaged box. Are the minis the Wrath of Kings material that got discussed in the DZ:I kickstarter comments, or something else? Like 'better than bones and PP restic, worse than HIPS'?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I had that happen in spots on some of my minis that should have been put further away (basically got hit by over-spray that wasn't intended for them) and the poo poo is brutally, brutally hard to paint. Nothing goes on smooth and it really fucks with ... everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I've never had any luck with sable brushes but everyone should have some of those soap pucks. I don't think I've ruined a brush since getting one.