Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I couldn't get any of those codes to work, even when trying them moments after posting, always said invalid.

I got an email though, maybe using one of my own codes invalidates mes?

CREK-XVB3V-V8HGY

CREK-XVB4M-Y55PT

CREK-XVB53-269MU

CREK-XVB59-ZUGRF

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Oct 27, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Here's four more to try:

CREA-4W43S-HXN6U

CREA-4W45V-5AYUU

CREA-4W48F-EAESM

CREA-4W48K-BBBMS

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

NTRabbit posted:

I couldn't get any of those codes to work, even when trying them moments after posting, always said invalid.

I got an email though, maybe using one of my own codes invalidates mes?

Yes, these are all part of the same offer and you only get to use one.

Did anyone playing NOT get these codes? Because otherwise posting them in the thread where we play boats is fairly pointless.

Severing
Aug 26, 2017

Darkrenown posted:

Yes, these are all part of the same offer and you only get to use one.

Did anyone playing NOT get these codes? Because otherwise posting them in the thread where we play boats is fairly pointless.

I didn't get them so I thank the person who did.

What did the code actually give us by the way?

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
WHAT WILL IT PROVIDE?

Active players (like yourself) will get:

point 1x random container
point 1x container with resources
line

For those who haven't played for a long time, we've prepared a more generous bonus:

point 7 days of Premium Account
point 3,000,000 credits
point 7x containers with resources
line

Those who have never played World of Warships will obtain the most lavish rewards:

point Cruiser III Kolberg
point 30 days of Premium Account

Severing
Aug 26, 2017

Darkrenown posted:

WHAT WILL IT PROVIDE?

Active players (like yourself) will get:

point 1x random container
point 1x container with resources
line

For those who haven't played for a long time, we've prepared a more generous bonus:

point 7 days of Premium Account
point 3,000,000 credits
point 7x containers with resources
line

Those who have never played World of Warships will obtain the most lavish rewards:

point Cruiser III Kolberg
point 30 days of Premium Account

Nice thanks for that. That would be where the 7 day premium came from.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Darkrenown posted:

I hadn't received any codes despite actively playing, so they must not have sent them to everyone. Maybe you had to have a certain number of battles or have been playing T10s or something?

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
Realistically, is there any ever chance of Smolensk being made available again? I know its regarded as nearly as cancerous as CVs but I have a hankering for a spammy/dakka ship beyond my Minotaur and Atlanta and am even toying with the idea of getting a Colbert.

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

kaesarsosei posted:

Realistically, is there any ever chance of Smolensk being made available again? I know its regarded as nearly as cancerous as CVs but I have a hankering for a spammy/dakka ship beyond my Minotaur and Atlanta and am even toying with the idea of getting a Colbert.

If you are still having issues survivng in Minotaur, do not get Colbert, you'll just be frustrated. I would suggest Nevsky - it absolutely excels at open water trading with ships pushing into it.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

kaesarsosei posted:

Realistically, is there any ever chance of Smolensk being made available again?

Yes, but probably only in Christmas lootboxes and poo poo like that. I very much doubt you'll be able to buy it with coal ever again.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
I wonder if wargaming will just go gently caress it and start releasing ships again that they pulled from the store. They eventually did on WoT.

I'd like a chance at a Missouri or Benham.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
Benham, Smolensk and Enterprise are the three I want. I know Kutusov and Belfast were considered on a similar tier of OP-ness but I honestly think both would be fine in today's game. I think Fiji is almost or just as good as Belfast anyway.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

kaesarsosei posted:

Benham, Smolensk and Enterprise are the three I want. I know Kutusov and Belfast were considered on a similar tier of OP-ness but I honestly think both would be fine in today's game. I think Fiji is almost or just as good as Belfast anyway.

The Mikhail Kutuzov would be fine in game really, its nothing really specially outside of its smoke cloud. It has longer then expected range on its guns, but its fine. Belfast is still stupidly strong through, having smoke, hydro and radar, while being tier 7 is incredibly strong, not to mention it gets slot 5 upgrades too.

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

Belfast is OP at tier and pathetic when down tiered. You think a Georgia gives a gently caress about your Belfast? It's kind of a great example of the badly planned out power ramp up across the tiers.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
This is why I think Fiji is a fine alternative to Belfast. The torps are a deterrent to a BB just rushing you.

I did have to play a few games in my Fiji recently for the campaign and it is just such a perfect ship.

Cancelbot
Nov 22, 2006

Canceling spam since 1928

gently caress, I've checked the numbers and I'd need around £100 in IRL money to convert all my free XP and "buy" an Alaska... That doesn't seem like good value for money.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

Cancelbot posted:

gently caress, I've checked the numbers and I'd need around £100 in IRL money to convert all my free XP and "buy" an Alaska... That doesn't seem like good value for money.

It's a terrible deal. Never spend money to convert free xp.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

I'm being harassed into coming back to this, and saw there's a premium Georgia. Being from Georgia, I'm compelled to buy it...is it any good?

Also, have CVs been purged yet?

Cancelbot
Nov 22, 2006

The Georgia has engine boost and hits hard, I hate going against them if their captain isn't an idiot; so it's a good ship. On CVs no they added more fuckery like the FDR; the torpedo bombers look scary but aren't, however good luck trying to kill the planes, and then my N Carolina gets citadelled by it's 300 bombs.

Speaking of spending money on stuff - what is worthwhile and what isn't worth spending the money on? Premium is a no-brainer at high tiers, but if doubloons for XP is bad, what else can/should be purchased?

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
CV's haven't been purged but are a lot different to re-2019 if that's when you last played. They don't do anywhere near as much damage and the lottery of a good CV player on one team completely negating the other is gone, but they can be just as obnoxious especially at T4 when opponents can't even shoot down planes.

Georgia at T9 is one of the best ships in the game and honestly even if it was a T10 it would hold its own. Absolutely the first coal purchase anyone should make in this game.

Money: Premium is a must - I couldn't recommend anyone to play the game without it. If you come back and login to the game and don't spend anything you are likely to get pop-ups in-game with a 30% off coupon valid for a few days. Either just buy Premium directly with that or I think you might be able to even buy loads of Doubloons then get Premium that way and it might work out more efficient (I don't know).

I got a 30% coupon when I rejoined about 2 months ago and bought 6 months premium. About a month later I got another one (might have been anniversary related) and bought 35k doubloons. I then used my -25% off Doubloon ship coupon (you get 1 per 6 months) and bought myself the Indomitable for 9k Doubloons. So probably 50% off its true cost in the Premium shop or armory.

Free XP - you shouldn't ever convert at 25/1 (and thats a mistake I made many times years ago) but at 35/1 which you get every few months as part of some event I would justify it if close to something like a ship such as Nelson or Alaska (which is similar to Georgia in being completely OP at T9 and would be a very fine T10). Apart from that I only use Free XP to skip all stock grinds.

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

Cancelbot posted:

The Georgia has engine boost and hits hard, I hate going against them if their captain isn't an idiot; so it's a good ship. On CVs no they added more fuckery like the FDR; the torpedo bombers look scary but aren't, however good luck trying to kill the planes, and then my N Carolina gets citadelled by it's 300 bombs.

Speaking of spending money on stuff - what is worthwhile and what isn't worth spending the money on? Premium is a no-brainer at high tiers, but if doubloons for XP is bad, what else can/should be purchased?

FDR torpedo bombers are literally the most scary squadron right now. You can use WASD to turn them during the attack run and they don't lose accuracy. So you can do things like turn a full 360 and still land them on target. In practical terms this means any BB or large cruiser will always get hit by at least 6/8 torps every drop, and lose 20-30k hp.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012

toadee posted:

FDR torpedo bombers are literally the most scary squadron right now. You can use WASD to turn them during the attack run and they don't lose accuracy. So you can do things like turn a full 360 and still land them on target. In practical terms this means any BB or large cruiser will always get hit by at least 6/8 torps every drop, and lose 20-30k hp.

I just saw a video of this and assumed it was a (hilarious) bug. The fact that it is apparently working as intended I find really bizarre.

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

kaesarsosei posted:

I just saw a video of this and assumed it was a (hilarious) bug. The fact that it is apparently working as intended I find really bizarre.

https://clips.twitch.tv/SarcasticBlightedLardAsianGlow

lol

Cancelbot
Nov 22, 2006

I must have had a bad FDR player then as they didn't hurt or hit me that much. That video is ridiculous.

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

Yeah, a lot of players don't know about "The Technology" - even dudes we're seeing in Typhoon clan battles don't seem to know how to Technology drop yet.

It also can turn the bombers during drops with no penalty, but the turning rate on the bombers is way worse for some reason so it's not nearly as bad. Still though they can turn to adjust to your BB trying to angle, bear it in mind.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

Cancelbot posted:

Premium ships, premium account, and if you really want to spend money on xp/credits you can spend it on special economic flags (the triangular ones with dragon names).

The reason never to convert xp is that those dragon flags give you a much better money to xp conversion rate, even if there's a sale on xp conversion.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Also if you're just coming back and haven't played in awhile, use one of those codes people posted in the thread a page or so ago, it has better rewards for returning players than active players. You might as well get free stuff.

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

James Garfield posted:

Premium ships, premium account, and if you really want to spend money on xp/credits you can spend it on special economic flags (the triangular ones with dragon names).

The reason never to convert xp is that those dragon flags give you a much better money to xp conversion rate, even if there's a sale on xp conversion.

How do you actually spend money on the super econ flags? I would be willing to do so for clan battles but Im not actually sure how?

James Garfield
May 5, 2012

toadee posted:

How do you actually spend money on the super econ flags? I would be willing to do so for clan battles but Im not actually sure how?

I don't know I just assumed there was a way because it's Wargaming.

Cancelbot
Nov 22, 2006

You usually have to buy the premium containers and they contain the flags.

Container pack with; 15x Special signal flags of one of the following types: Wyvern, Hydra, Dragon, Red Dragon, or Ouroboros, plus other poo poo.
https://eu.wargaming.net/shop/wows/customizations/19398/

Cancelbot fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Oct 29, 2020

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
Speaking of spending money, the Xmas premium containers are often pretty good value if you don't mind getting random ships which may or may not be that good. But you'll also get a ton of flags and coal and premium time. If you have most/all of the premium ships in them they are often a good source of dubloons from duplicates, but WG has toned it down a bit for the last few years.

James Garfield posted:

For people who haven't used them, you can be raking in 5-50k FXP per match with a full flag setup, especially now you can mount everything at once. Special events, extra large first win bonus events, and operations sometimes offer high base XP which is great for flag multipliers too.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Got a 30% coupon for coming back. Guess I'll use it on a year of Premium.

Man, I'm rusty as hell. Playing way too aggressively and getting turbo-murdered.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012

Devorum posted:

Got a 30% coupon for coming back. Guess I'll use it on a year of Premium.

Man, I'm rusty as hell. Playing way too aggressively and getting turbo-murdered.

You *might* be better using the coupon for Doubloons and buying a month or two of premium with those, because I believe at Christmas there are typically very good deals on a year of premium.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

kaesarsosei posted:

You *might* be better using the coupon for Doubloons and buying a month or two of premium with those, because I believe at Christmas there are typically very good deals on a year of premium.

You're right, I forgot about the Christmas deals.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

kaesarsosei posted:

Get your overtime in for some Santa boxes!

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Ha what the christ. I like CVs but playing through the RN line as soon as you think about touching the flight stick during a drop your pilots freak out and try to launch in opposite directions.

-Anders
Feb 1, 2007

Denmark. Wait, what?
Applied to Goon Squid as AFBK

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

Aramoro posted:

Ha what the christ. I like CVs but playing through the RN line as soon as you think about touching the flight stick during a drop your pilots freak out and try to launch in opposite directions.

That's actually one of the only RN CV gimmicks - the torp planes don't lose focus when turning with WASD. The difference though is that Audacious has 3 torps that do almost no damage and floods, and FDR has 8 torps for 36k and an overall huge chance of floods or incaps.

Bear in mind this is that they don't LOSE focus. What you have to do is start the run, let the focus narrow down, and then use WASD. The focus won't get wider, but it won't get any narrower while you're doing it.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

kaesarsosei posted:

Last few years there has been a 50% off sale for a year of premium.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shivers
Oct 31, 2011
A bit late to this, since I've kinda dropped off playing this game, but here's my codes for people to use:

CREF-UWRSR-G64KU

CREF-UWRYX-AS8D6

CREF-UWRYY-NE37S

CREF-UWS23-DBXWT

They should be valid for another day so use them quick.