Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
You can buy Tier 10 ships.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
You have to play T10 to get supership tokens, yeah. I don't think there are any T10s straight up for sale right now though, you have to have steel or coal to get one. Even if you were determined to drop money, you'd have to have a lot of XP piled up on lower tier ships that you could pay to convert to FXP and then research a T10 ship. But.. If you have enough XP to convert to get a T10, you probably have enough to get one outright.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

serious gaylord posted:

You can buy Tier 10 ships.

You can. For money even.

I am not sure which Tier Xs are available, if any, for cash or for dubs, which you can buy with cash, right this second; however a couple months ago you could buy the Napoli for example.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
Right now you can whale Pan Asian tokens to get the new T10 PA cruiser I think.

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

kaesarsosei posted:

Right now you can whale Pan Asian tokens to get the new T10 PA cruiser I think.

I literally can’t even imagine how many it would take since you need to buy all of the tiered bundles before you’re even ALLOWED to spend 20k dubs on the T10, and the only way to get most of those is spend tons of dubs on bundles to get the pan Asian tokens. Like tons of them. I think it might be 60k dubs or more just to get a tech tree ship a month early.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

And a really bad TT CA at that. According to literally every CC the only decent thing about the Pan-Asian cruisers are the torps. Other than that they're trash.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]
I usually love Brawls. They’re good money, quick matches, and the rewards are decent; unfortunately I’m having a real hard time with the Tier 5 Brawls this time around.

This is probably because I am a cruiser main, and while there are some okay Tier V BBs and DDs, Tier V cruisers suck really bad.

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

And a really bad TT CA at that. According to literally every CC the only decent thing about the Pan-Asian cruisers are the torps. Other than that they're trash.

Not sure what CCs you're referring to, but I got Sejong on bundle 2 and it's been just fine. Malta also has basically the same opinion I do - if you are receiving a push they are incredibly strong, if you're in a situation where nobody is pushing, you're going to have a bad game. Sejong has been honestly pretty fun, kind of like a very chill smoke Minotaur.

Only played a few games so far but Sejong has been alright

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

ZombieLenin posted:

I usually love Brawls. They’re good money, quick matches, and the rewards are decent; unfortunately I’m having a real hard time with the Tier 5 Brawls this time around.

What, you don't enjoy playing against a constant stream of Giulio Cesares and Kamikazes? WEIRD!

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

What, you don't enjoy playing against a constant stream of Giulio Cesares and Kamikazes? WEIRD!

It’s pretty loving annoying.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
Furutaka any good in Brawl?

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
https://twitter.com/phoenixredtail/status/1486442227937259521?s=21

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
I've had to start playing BB's in brawl because MM kept giving my team 2 Cruisers and the other team 2 BB's. So gently caress that

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

General Battuta posted:

Don't play cruiser in brawl.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

General Battuta posted:

Cruisers suck in 3v3 and cruisers with no heal suck in general. You could still play one as a joke or because killing the enemy cruiser is fun, but it doesn't even guarantee that you'll match against a cruiser.

Just play BB if you don't have an overpowered premium ship, they are broken in 3v3.

sirspen
Sep 10, 2010
Hey hey, HP game me some codes for this game I'll probably never play, so here you go!

https://redir.wargaming.net/3wx14mis/
https://promo.worldofwarships.com/g...content=unknown: OGHXMASWOWS21

Disclaimer: I don't know what most of this is and they seem to mostly be links that I haven't even tried, but best of luck to you all

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

Airships!!!! War zeppelins confirmed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

e: I'd buy a Red Alert 2 Kirov in a heartbeat

General Battuta fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Jan 27, 2022

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]

James Garfield posted:

Cruisers suck in 3v3 and cruisers with no heal suck in general. You could still play one as a joke or because killing the enemy cruiser is fun, but it doesn't even guarantee that you'll match against a cruiser.

Just play BB if you don't have an overpowered premium ship, they are broken in 3v3.

It depends on the tier to be honest. I cleaned up with the Belfast in Tier VII brawls, because smoke + radar + hydro.

Tier V on the other hand… cruisers just lack any of the utility that would make them useful in a brawl match.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

The brawl format is delivering a devastating blow to my boat ego. Matched with players of similar skill.....players of similar skill drive into islands, drive their cruisers flat broadside to battleships.....jesus christ.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
The brawl is goddamn terrible. Letting in divisions is a terrible decision. One team has a Agincourt, Guilo and Minekaze vs 2 cruisers and a dd.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!
Well, it looks like the Marlborough mega crate you unlock got me 180 days of premium. I don't think I've ever needed to buy premium time in...since maybe 2017.

Not bad.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
Its a +200% FWB weekend...any reason why? I wonder is there a list of when these occur as I like hoarding dragon signals for this. I gained 1m FXP from the week over the holidays.

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

The 200%ers come out for any biggish event/holiday, Chinese New Year is this one. Time to stock up some FXP before the research bureau 2x reset.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

masterpine posted:

The 200%ers come out for any biggish event/holiday, Chinese New Year is this one. Time to stock up some FXP before the research bureau 2x reset.

Count down to Slava!

Also got rank1 in bronze. Now to play ranked in nothing but absolute crap ships to annoy the gently caress out the clanless 40% shitlords who have made my life a misery these last few weeks.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Is anyone actually grinding lines over for RB or just free XPing them?

Velius
Feb 27, 2001

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Is anyone actually grinding lines over for RB or just free XPing them?

I do, but usually only lines that I enjoy playing in the first place like the Soviet destroyers. I might do the British destroyers next because once you get the Jervis it’s a fun time.

Really the only ships I don’t mind regrinding are dds because they don’t suffer when uptiered nearly as much.

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

I just power through Haragumo line with FXP each time the double is up, really cant be arsed playing lower tier tech tree ships and always have oodles of FXP on tap. Not much else to spend FXP on after playing for so long. About the only other use of FXP is unlocking new tech tree lines when they launch.

T6 Pan Asian 'Rahmat' is a cool little ship, a mini flint with very useful torps. The firing angles are nuts. Reckon it'll be even more fun as the T6 HMS Dido with its better smokes and longer range guns.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
I'm actually a fan of the RB. I have Ohio, Slava, Colbert from the RB and have 60k sitting when I see what Sevastapol is like - so I have used it a lot. I also have all the FXP ships now so there is literally nothing else to spend it on so if anything I will use the RB more.

What I had been doing is resetting the Harugumo line and skipping to the T7 Shiratsuyu and playing from there. I was still accumlating FXP overall doing that so every second reset I will probably just skip the entire line now. The Haru line is the least XP and I'm pretty sure Akizuki and Kitakaze are the strongest T8/T9 combo in the same line in the game (plus I have 21-pt captains on both by this point). Shiratsuyu isn't bad either, got good concealment for a T7 DD and I always run TRB on it, not smoke.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I think I made someone lose all their hopes and dreams (like Skill4ltu would say) today. Playing the Pobeda, I flew in to scout the enemy, found a Scharnhorst who didn't have any friends nearby and dropped bouncing bombs on him. Five hits, three fires.

He didn't even extinguish the fires, he just sailed out a bit, turned broadside on to our team and stopped moving. The bombs and the triple fire took him down to about 20k HP.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I think I made someone lose all their hopes and dreams (like Skill4ltu would say) today. Playing the Pobeda, I flew in to scout the enemy, found a Scharnhorst who didn't have any friends nearby and dropped bouncing bombs on him. Five hits, three fires.

He didn't even extinguish the fires, he just sailed out a bit, turned broadside on to our team and stopped moving. The bombs and the triple fire took him down to about 20k HP.

Probably the most historically accurate thing that’s happened in a wargaming game in the last half decade.

Minus the Soviet CV of course.

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I dont remember which Soviet carrier it was, but I was in a Mackensen and the CV hit me with skip bombers four separate times, each strike generating exactly two fires. Fortunately I dont think the dumbass knew that the BC line has the quick (but limited) damage con gimmick, because I just put them out every time and barely took any fire damage. I was then out of damage cons and fortunately his torp strike and rockets failed to start a flood or fire. Six airstikes on me and I shot down exactly 0 planes. I think I ended the match having done like 14k damage because I was basically spending every waking moment dodging planes and trying to drift closer to friendly ships with better AA. It was definitely not fun or engaging.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Yeah, CVs are turbo awful on lower tier surface ships. I've been grinding through the Mackensen myself and I love doing literally loving 17 damage per tick to planes. I can't even shoot down ASW planes. And on the EU servers it's double CV time about 60% of the time, and a single CV always on mid tiers.

Fun times, fun times.

wukkar
Nov 27, 2009
Surely you can see that playing German BCs and then complaining about CVs is like rock complaining about paper.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
I was playing Nakhimov the other day and saw something I have never seen before in the game. I got a QUAD fire on a Shlieffen with 1 rocket salvo. He put it out straight away of course but it was still an eye-opener.

I have to hand it to WG - the Soviet CVs curve nicely from the best-in-tier Serov at T6, to the absolute OP Pobeda at T8 and ending up with the most ridiculous ship in the game at T10.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

kaesarsosei posted:

I was playing Nakhimov the other day and saw something I have never seen before in the game. I got a QUAD fire on a Shlieffen with 1 rocket salvo. He put it out straight away of course but it was still an eye-opener.

I have to hand it to WG - the Soviet CVs curve nicely from the best-in-tier Serov at T6, to the absolute OP Pobeda at T8 and ending up with the most ridiculous ship in the game at T10.

Don't forget the stunner t8 premium as well. Which somehow isn't as op as the enterprise in wargaming's eyes.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

JuffoWup posted:

Don't forget the stunner t8 premium as well. Which somehow isn't as op as the enterprise in wargaming's eyes.

Oh they'll pull it from sale soon enough, just as long as they get money from us whales and then get more money from whales in the form of loot boxes later.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

wukkar posted:

Surely you can see that playing German BCs and then complaining about CVs is like rock complaining about paper.

No it isn't, in rock paper scissors there is an option to pick scissors which beats paper. There is no ship that beats CVs, the only counter is to play CV yourself so that you are also in the most powerful class in the game.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

James Garfield posted:

No it isn't, in rock paper scissors there is an option to pick scissors which beats paper. There is no ship that beats CVs, the only counter is to play CV yourself so that you are also in the most powerful class in the game.

Multiboxing CVs so that I'm always playing both sides, because that way I always come out on top :clint:

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Playing the six silver qualifying matches I have seen more toxicity than ranking out in bronze. It's unreal, just ranting stupids left right and centre. I could handle it if they did more than just ping the map and scream, without even any explanation but nope.

Going to stop and just play with the dumbo bronze mob who at least don't go into frothing screaming fits if you don't do what their idea of the right thing is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I swear to god this game has some kind of magic protection aura for the truly awful tomatoes. A Celebes just sitting there stationary, broadside on. Over a long period of time I penned the dumb motherfucker with 8 shells from my Mackensie. All 8 were overpens.

An Izmail sitting side on at 12km, again stationary? Six shots hit, all shatter or hit the torpedo belt. Next salvo? Three overpens.