Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
There will probably be paper planes for some of the carriers too.

It'd suck to be playing your tier x Japanese carrier and sending Zeros against Hellcats and Corsairs. No one wants to play Turkey Shoot Simulator 2015, at least not if you're playing the turkey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

dtkozl posted:

Ships took so long to build though that most of them were prewar designs anyway, the only big things they changed was AA and radar.

Overall it was basically looking at treaty designs and going what did we cut to make weight that hurt the most? Bring that back and do it fast.

Also pretty sure the Essex air wing at top is bearcats and skyraiders.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Vengarr posted:

It'd suck to be playing your tier x Japanese carrier and sending Zeros against Hellcats and Corsairs. No one wants to play Turkey Shoot Simulator 2015, at least not if you're playing the turkey.

And to be fair, there are probably a lot of liberties taken with everything. Pick the Yamato, and it looks like in this game you'll actually be able to do something with it, which is more than could be said for the ship in real life. :v:

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Cythereal posted:

And to be fair, there are probably a lot of liberties taken with everything. Pick the Yamato, and it looks like in this game you'll actually be able to do something with it, which is more than could be said for the ship in real life. :v:
Yea, I don't really mind the paper design stuff so much. There's also a perfectly good reason for them to do the Russian tree next- Wargaming's biggest market is Russia. I'm more annoyed with them making the German tree before the UK, but again marketing reasons.

Also, apparently my progress from the Beta Weekend carried over, I launched the client to find 2.6 million credits and 78K free XP.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012
I hope Bismarck is a crappy tier 7 and they go with the nutty H-series designs for 8-10.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

I signed up for this game at PAX and they said they were gonna send me a beta key. Looks pretty fun, although I'm already sad that there's a ship I won't be able to get since I missed the alpha.

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

It's what, ten minutes until the scheduled time for the sign-up period to begin?

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Lol.i halbve already saod i inferno circstances wanttpgback

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

I hope Bismarck is a crappy tier 7 and they go with the nutty H-series designs for 8-10.

N-No :negative:

loving German battleships in Navy Field. The hitboxes were bigger than the damned boat. Someone could miss you completely, hit the ocean, and kill you.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

YellerBill posted:

It's what, ten minutes until the scheduled time for the sign-up period to begin?

That's the theory. But I hear they generally can't hit the target on the first salvo.

Dammit_Carl!
Mar 5, 2013
I'm certainly not getting any "work," done today thanks to this waiting - make it worthwhile for me, Wargaming!!!

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

Infected posted:

All signs indicate that the russians will be the third tree to be implemented. Can't wait for russian hoverships straight from SerB's design bureau.

In true Wargaming fashion, the Novgorod will be the Tier IV.

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.

Vengarr posted:

They could probably either make it so non-carrier planes like the Frank suddenly become carrier planes or carrier-capable planes that were just beginning to be introduced at the end of the war like the Shinden suddenly appear earlier. Japan developed an ungodly number of planes, mostly because the navy and army had separate design programs that were often somewhat redundant, it's just that most of them were never produced in significant numbers.

I don't care how the Russian tree looks as long as we get that retard spinning plate battleship. Preferably at tier 10.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

MoraleHazard posted:

In true Wargaming fashion, the Novgorod will be the Tier IV.

Who the hell thought that was a good idea? Had the designer even heard of Newton?

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Adventure Pigeon posted:

They could probably either make it so non-carrier planes like the Frank suddenly become carrier planes or carrier-capable planes that were just beginning to be introduced at the end of the war like the Shinden suddenly appear earlier. Japan developed an ungodly number of planes, mostly because the navy and army had separate design programs that were often somewhat redundant, it's just that most of them were never produced in significant numbers.

I guess the Reppuu actually was prototyped and a production model was finished, but they honest-to-god lost the blueprints and factory workups in a fire caused by a bombing raid.

Now I know why all highly-advanced prototype weapon designs only have a single copy. It's a Japanese tradition!

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

11:01 and still not open, I am outraged WG.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
It's open!

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
SHowing closed - is it not linked off the main WOWS page?

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
http://worldofwarships.com/entry_form

The website is linking to /entry_form/closed because they are dumb.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

:siren:http://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/cbt-server-signups-live/ :siren:

A Renaissance Nerd
Mar 29, 2010
Showing closed to me too, from the WoWS main page.

Disregard, the main page doesn't work but the links above do!

Orv
May 4, 2011
Got mine in, presumably. Had to go through the blog for it to stop lying to me.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Orv posted:

Got mine in, presumably. Had to go through the blog for it to stop lying to me.

Same. It's working, but you have to go through the blog. That little barrier to entry might help us aspirants get in. Fingers crossed!

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.
If we were in the beta weekends, we're automatically in this, right? Or do we have to apply again?

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
^^ you are already in. And any progress made during the weekend is saved by way of everything being sold and all xp refunded to you.

sarmhan posted:

Also, apparently my progress from the Beta Weekend carried over, I launched the client to find 2.6 million credits and 78K free XP.

I noticed this as well. Holding on to it for a bit though, but got a pile of gold, credits, and free xp. Also unlocked to tier 6 or whatever that command thing is. So I have commanders, and all that happy jazz.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

Vengarr posted:

http://worldofwarships.com/entry_form

The website is linking to /entry_form/closed because they are dumb.

Thanks, got my entry in. I did WoT up to tier 10 in the betas, see how this compares.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

I hope the wait isn't too long. If the EU guys already heard back, we should get accepted soon. :ohdear:

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

Got my app in, now for the waiting.

e: got the email confirming they got my app, that's a good sign

Ferrovanadium fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Mar 12, 2015

Dammit_Carl!
Mar 5, 2013

YellerBill posted:

Got my app in, now for the waiting.

Me too...hold me!

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!
This game is a great deal worse than alpha when every match has 4-6 battleships per team. I hope Wargaming tries to actually balance the ship classes because in this state it's not even close :smith:

On the other hand if it releases with battleships this much stronger than anything else I won't be tempted to waste time playing it, so there's that.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Thanks for the direct link up there. The waiting begins!

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
It seems like Wargaming did not gently caress up the automatic sign-up for weekend testers. Don't really know, because I'm at work.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Got an app in pretty fast, as I simply tried the most expedient solution - i.e. I deleted the "closed" from the HTML line - to see what happened as soon as the time passed 1400. Was slightly slowed down due to having to quickly set up a Wargaming account, but pretty sure I still had the app in before a lot of the "try the news page" messages started popping up. Now just to wait.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I didn't need to repply it seems, sailing in one of the beta weekends gets you an automatic invite, patching up now

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
Managed to get my app in on mobile. God I hope I get in.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
I was poking about in the forums and ran across a dev/community person post stating that they dropped the number of Alpha battles to get the freebie premium ship from 100 to 5. I wasn't in alpha so whatever, but some of you folks were.

Already downloaded and installing client due to Beta Test Weekend participation :cool:

And here's something that's pissed me off already - The built in TeamSpeak overlay works fine with WoWs, while it stopped working with WoT a long time ago :tfrxmas: :wtc:

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

Adventure Pigeon posted:

If we were in the beta weekends, we're automatically in this, right? Or do we have to apply again?

Yep, I could download the client at 9:00 AM and just start playing.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

I take it this doesn't have the unified client like WT, so is it Euroland or Yankedoodle that's the goon go-to?

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Just got my acceptance email. Check your inboxes, Amerigoons. :getin:

Hagop
May 14, 2012

First one out of the Ranger gets a prize!
Filled out the app at 2:30 UTC -5 just got my invite. So start :f5: your gmail account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

Just got my acceptance email. Check your inboxes, Amerigoons. :getin:

:toot: Time to suck poo poo at ships instead of tanks.