Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Weser is fine for ops where you need to kill a lot of cruisers in a hurry, I’m even starting to git gud at hitting dds with torpedoes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
Question about the Research Bureau seasonal reset bonus (x2). Currently it says next seasonal bonus is available in 9 days. If I reset a line today, I hope that wouldn't mean I only have 9 days to grind through the line again to get the x2 bonus? I expect this not to be the case (and that I have as long as I want), but just checking.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
Yeah, you have as long as you want. In fact, if you ever become oversupplied with freeXP you can reset and research a line multiple times without ever buying/playing the ships and then when you finally buy them you get all the banked RP when you play a match.

Although if you play to just replay through a single line every couple of months you might as well wait 9 days and get the double points.

Hegel Exercises
Apr 25, 2019

Too fair to worship, too divine to love...

speaking of, i'm thinking of doing german BB this seasonal reset. the dispersion got buffed, right?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Hegel Exercises posted:

speaking of, i'm thinking of doing german BB this seasonal reset. the dispersion got buffed, right?

Yeah. They're still not snipers, but a lot better than they were before.

Also turns out the Erich Löwenhardt has the T8 stock rocket planes, which explains why the rockets felt so good. They have low mass but extremely high velocity and good penetration.

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

Imagine getting excited about seal clubbing with a T8 CV at T6

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
these rockets are kinda bullshit or am i just being negative?

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

toadee posted:

Imagine getting excited about seal clubbing with a T8 CV at T6

I'm already at 1/2 mast.

Jokes aside the slower torps are kinda a deal breaker for me. Anyone know how the HE bombs perform?

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
One thing I don’t like about Euro DD torps, is that you can’t make a nice YOLO run in something. Or at least you can’t do it and assume what you hit will be dead.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Stanley Pain posted:

Jokes aside the slower torps are kinda a deal breaker for me. Anyone know how the HE bombs perform?

Decently. The aiming reticle is very small, but RNG will still push bombs out to the sides. They do a lot of damage and have a 69% fire chance so when you do hit something they'll feel it.

Hegel Exercises
Apr 25, 2019

Stanley Pain posted:

I'm already at 1/2 mast.

really don't like the torps on it

is there a definitive ruling on the Pommeran?

Hegel Exercises fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Aug 7, 2020

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
The HE bombs are good enough to regularly strike DD’s. This typically breaks their everything.

Hegel Exercises
Apr 25, 2019

Preechr posted:

The HE bombs are good enough to regularly strike DD’s. This typically breaks their everything.

they're effectively conker shells, its nuts.

Shivers
Oct 31, 2011

Stanley Pain posted:

I'm already at 1/2 mast.

Pretty well, The reticle is tiny so it's easy to hit stuff, and you can be quite precise with them, even against DD's. Also, unlike other dive bombers where you have to approach from the front or back, you can pretty much approach from any direction and hit stuff. I haven't had any issues with bombs drifting too far to the sides, apart from a few RNG outliers.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I just don't like how close to the planes the German dive bomber aiming reticle is. You basically have to look straight down which makes maneuvering and dodging flak a pain in the rear end.

Hegel Exercises
Apr 25, 2019

Doing an AFT/BFT Kleber tonight and holy poo poo I feel so bad for the Khaba.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
WG: Posts in Privateer’s NDA announcement that we need to finish all super test missions for 5 ships (FDR, Florida, Anchorage, Kansas, Munchen) in order to gain access to Kitakami.
Same WG: gives EVERYONE said super test Kitakami mission. :stare: So much for secrecy.

Anyways I finished Florida, 4 to go. Except I don’t play CV so I expect to ruin my team’s game when I grab FDR.

Aesis fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Aug 8, 2020

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
They're gonna sell the Kitikami for £100 aren't they

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
I've got 9 skill points to go on my Georgia, do I do the sensible thing and take the standard battleship tank build or get MFCS/AFT on the off chance of hilarity?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

General Battuta posted:

I've got 9 skill points to go on my Georgia, do I do the sensible thing and take the standard battleship tank build or get MFCS/AFT on the off chance of hilarity?

I did a hybrid build where I have AFT and most of the regular battleship skills. MFCS isn't useful there imo.

Shivers
Oct 31, 2011

General Battuta posted:

You can do a hybrid build. I use this on Massachusetts and Georgia:

PT, PM, AR, SI, FP, AFT, ManSec

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I used to use Manual Secondaries on the Mass and Georgia but have since removed it and haven't really noticed much of a difference. Don't both of those ships already have built in accuarcy?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Stanley Pain posted:

I used to use Manual Secondaries on the Mass and Georgia but have since removed it and haven't really noticed much of a difference. Don't both of those ships already have built in accuarcy?

Yes.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
The Ohio is as good a battleship as it is a terrible state. A Montana with 18" guns and long secondaries for just that little extra bit of "gently caress you".

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Aug 9, 2020

Hegel Exercises
Apr 25, 2019

What's the deal with the Hindenburg? I feel like I just eat citadels from any angle. Like it doesn't play like the Roon at all and it's frustrating me.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

Hegel Exercises posted:

What's the deal with the Hindenburg? I feel like I just eat citadels from any angle. Like it doesn't play like the Roon at all and it's frustrating me.

There's nothing weird about its armor, it's the same layout as Roon with slightly thicker armor. German cruiser turtleback isn't immune to citadels (especially broadside at range or from ships with improved autobounce angles) but it compares well to other cruisers. Even without the turtleback you still have a low citadel.

The German cruiser line is more about damage output than survivability though. Hipper is just an exception since it's garbage.

James Garfield fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Aug 9, 2020

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

James Garfield posted:

Hipper is just an exception since it's garbage.

And yet her sister Prinz Eugen is incredible strong.

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

Is the Goon group for this open to a semi-casual nobody who just came back after a long hiatus since open beta and is still grinding things up from T6 or so in various trees? I feel like there's probably a ton of benefits to being in a clan and I can only take so many of the recommended clan names before wanting to gouge my eyes out.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
Could anyone predict if there will be any offers or sales upcoming? Tempted to splurge on doubloons.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Beluga Snail posted:

Is the Goon group for this open to a semi-casual nobody who just came back after a long hiatus since open beta and is still grinding things up from T6 or so in various trees? I feel like there's probably a ton of benefits to being in a clan and I can only take so many of the recommended clan names before wanting to gouge my eyes out.

You were basically me last week so yes.

Shivers
Oct 31, 2011

kaesarsosei posted:

Could anyone predict if there will be any offers or sales upcoming? Tempted to splurge on doubloons.

There's usually a summer sale, during which you can pick up certain premium ships for 30-50% off, but they're late, so I'm not sure if that's still gonna happen this year.
If you're a F2P player who has never spent any money on the game, you might get a coupon in your email inbox for triple value. (e.g. buy 5000 dubs, get 15000)

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
Isn't it the WoWS anniversary soon? That often has a sale too.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Hegel Exercises posted:

Farm poo poo with your good he from longish ranges to start the game, when stuff thins out abuse your durability, hydro, and exceptionally good torp angles to bully the poo poo out of people in close/in caps. The AP has awful pen angles but be sure to use it any time someone gives you flat broadside because it does a ton of damage.

Lutjens is probably best used in the Hindenburg out of all German ships.

Hegel Exercises
Apr 25, 2019

Gwaihir posted:

Farm poo poo with your good he from longish ranges to start the game, when stuff thins out abuse your durability, hydro, and exceptionally good torp angles to bully the poo poo out of people in close/in caps. The AP has awful pen angles but be sure to use it any time someone gives you flat broadside because it does a ton of damage.

Lutjens is probably best used in the Hindenburg out of all German ships.

Ok, so I should do angled kiting early match like I do for the Roon? I use double rudder on that, do similar for Hindy? It seems like it has high detectability anyways.

e: I like the alternative camo for the German collections. Also like that I've essentially finished it with just the free containers.

e2: okay that feels much better. I don't know why i got it in my head to do Damage Control Mod 2 over rudder shift :cripes:

Hegel Exercises fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Aug 9, 2020

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
Do we still get x2 or x3 XP first-win bonus weekends? This was my first weekend back and the bonus is still the basic +50%.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

kaesarsosei posted:

Do we still get x2 or x3 XP first-win bonus weekends? This was my first weekend back and the bonus is still the basic +50%.

They're not very common but they happen from time to time. Sometimes it's a full week of +100%.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
Back when I last played, every weekend had at least +100%. But this was just as the daily missions/containers were coming in and since they award a lot of signals I suspect maybe they have reduced the frequency of the bonus weekends to compensate.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Finally after two and a half years of playing tanks decided to pick this game up and give it a try. So far its very fun and chill. Granted I don't know a lot of the terminology this game has to offer yet. But I unlocked the Tier 3 russian destroyer. Don't really know ship names as of yet but whatever this game is fun as hell.

Looking forward to playing with you goons in the future. Im sure if I have any questions I can let you guys know.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Katamari Democracy posted:

Finally after two and a half years of playing tanks decided to pick this game up and give it a try. So far its very fun and chill. Granted I don't know a lot of the terminology this game has to offer yet. But I unlocked the Tier 3 russian destroyer. Don't really know ship names as of yet but whatever this game is fun as hell.

Looking forward to playing with you goons in the future. Im sure if I have any questions I can let you guys know.

Overall I find this game way more relaxing than tanks. Also the grind doesn't feel nearly as bad as tanks does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

Just jumped in the Discord, this is definitely far more chill than I remember either Tanks or the boats in War Thunder to be.

Question - I keep seeing various references throughout guides or things I look up to premium consumables/ammo, but for the life of me cannot see where those are. Mostly just want to look at stats so I know when the whale slapping my T6 Pensacola with his T8 battleship is using his super-duper rounds to do it.