Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Hegel Exercises posted:

Any tips for the Goliath (aside from 'lol' or 'don't')?

I'm going to try to give this wretched thing a fair shake because... I don't know I like pain and humiliation?

Gin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.
I was very unimpressed by the Thunderer when I first got it, however over the past few weeks I've come around to it and it's now one of my favorite ships. Just push with your team at about half speed, setting fires to everything at long range, then swap to AP and crank up the engine when it's time to brawl. Also be a good teammate and call out when enemy BBs use dcons.

Petro is still a poo poo ship, but at least I crawled above the 50% WR mark in it finally.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
Is the Thunderer really worth it though if you already have a Conqueror? None of the current Coal or Research ships really appeal to me, but I do want to get Kutnetsov and also hoard currency in case something comes that does look better. I've enjoyed Atlanta in the past so it's a pity I missed out on the Smolensk.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

so how long has typing [e1] and [a2] et al in chat make the ship symbols show up?

for example, copy/paste this into your next game: "sink the [e4] if you see it, whatever the hell it is"

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

kaesarsosei posted:

Is the Thunderer really worth it though if you already have a Conqueror?

Well, they do actually play quite a bit differently. The Thunderer is more accurate, and has bigger and harder hitting guns. It also has less hit points and a weaker heal, making it less suited for closer range brawling than the Conqueror, who can just print a couple of new ships to replace the damage it takes.

I play both and feel they offer different experiences.

Also, Wargaming putting their foot in their mouths again: they sent a message to supertesters and CCs on their discord saying CCs and supertesters shouldn't division up in Kitakamis because it is perceived as toxic and will lead to players being upset. And then their three big customer-facing community reps were spotted playing in triple Kitakami divisions.

https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/comments/i7q3i4/not_a_good_look_wargaming/

Burns
May 10, 2008

Der Shovel posted:

Also, Wargaming putting their foot in their mouths again: they sent a message to supertesters and CCs on their discord saying CCs and supertesters shouldn't division up in Kitakamis because it is perceived as toxic and will lead to players being upset. And then their three big customer-facing community reps were spotted playing in triple Kitakami divisions.

https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/comments/i7q3i4/not_a_good_look_wargaming/

Lo, they just cant help themselves.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Der Shovel posted:

Well, they do actually play quite a bit differently. The Thunderer is more accurate, and has bigger and harder hitting guns. It also has less hit points and a weaker heal, making it less suited for closer range brawling than the Conqueror, who can just print a couple of new ships to replace the damage it takes.

I play both and feel they offer different experiences.

WG: Doing this is absolutely degenerate, pls don't

Everyone else: Fix the ships so it's not terrible?

WG: No, just pls don't do it.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Hegel Exercises posted:

Any tips for the Goliath (aside from 'lol' or 'don't')?

I'm going to try to give this wretched thing a fair shake because... I don't know I like pain and humiliation?

So I'm the really odd person out on this one. But The Goliath is one of my favourite ships and I do well in it. I feel like it's the anti-meta ship since it absolutely wrecks a lot of bow in tanky ships and gets rid of pesky destroyers as well. Great accuracy, great fire chance. Be prepared to re-learn how much you have to lead your shots with this ship. I tend to play her by either helping a DD push into a cap, or staying in the midfield between caps. Don't expect to be able to carry in her though (at least I'm not good enough for that :shobon: ). I see her more of a force multiplier.

Don't be afraid to eat some hits, you can literally re-print your ship.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Aramoro posted:

WG: Doing this is absolutely degenerate, pls don't

Everyone else: Fix the ships so it's not terrible?

WG: No, just pls don't do it.

Yeah, that's what REALLY gets to me. So you're putting out a ship that is "cancerous" if more than one turns up in a game. Maybe ... don't put out that ship then? Like, you're the ones running the game. There is literally nothing forcing you. Don't release it. Problem solved!

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Going to point out that they STILL haven't hard capped CVs at T8/10, let alone how double CV (triple for a time!) has just flat out nuked T4 out of playability, so asking WG to not be poo poo is kind of pointless. And as unpleasant at triple Kita divisions are, I'd still take them over double CV - in a perfect world there'd be neither of course, but we make do with what we actually get.

At least with Kita I can feel somewhat spiteful at all the people whining about torpedo destroyers over the years. Kept crying wolf over and over again (because they're poo poo players with zero understanding of mechanics), and then when the actual wolf arrives they're ignored.

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

Kitakami has the worst torps in the game. They are spotted from like 2.2km out or something, utterly worthless.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

toadee posted:

Kitakami has the worst torps in the game. They are spotted from like 2.2km out or something, utterly worthless.

Yeah, they're not great torpedoes, but in said triple Kita division that's still two waves of 60 torpedoes in a fairly concentrated area - even with spotting them you might not have room to dodge them all.

Hegel Exercises
Apr 25, 2019

Too fair to worship, too divine to love...

kaesarsosei posted:

Is the Thunderer really worth it though if you already have a Conqueror? None of the current Coal or Research ships really appeal to me, but I do want to get Kutnetsov and also hoard currency in case something comes that does look better. I've enjoyed Atlanta in the past so it's a pity I missed out on the Smolensk.

Colbert is the T10 Atlanta so there's still time if you're up for the RB stuff and it feels very dirty.

That said the other options for RB ships are very good so it's a stiff competition.

But I hate gin :ohdear: may I substitute for like a vodka cranberry?

Stanley Pain posted:

So I'm the really odd person out on this one. But The Goliath is one of my favourite ships and I do well in it. I feel like it's the anti-meta ship since it absolutely wrecks a lot of bow in tanky ships and gets rid of pesky destroyers as well. Great accuracy, great fire chance. Be prepared to re-learn how much you have to lead your shots with this ship. I tend to play her by either helping a DD push into a cap, or staying in the midfield between caps. Don't expect to be able to carry in her though (at least I'm not good enough for that :shobon: ). I see her more of a force multiplier.

Don't be afraid to eat some hits, you can literally re-print your ship.

This is helpful and I will try that. What equipment/captain skills do you use if you don't mind me asking? I'm assuming that concealment is up there because squish and low-ish base? But I guess more rudder shift or acceleration, leaning towards acceleration because I fund myself peeking out from behind islands to set fires. Also wondering if range mod in the last slot might be helpful or if I should just man up and stay mid-ish like you recommend.

I’m not a “good” player either but there’s an appeal in trying to make a ship you rarely see work. Also soft spot for the RN but they really need to get their poo poo together re: T9s looking full on sick while the T10 just looks goofy.

e: also re: Thunderer echoing what was said about its range/accuracy being a trap, I’ve been playing it more midrange/brawly as the round advances like I’d do for the Seigfred or Alaska and am getting better result. I strongly recommend that for folks who aren’t feeling it. Because much like the Seigfred I don’t think folks fully appreciate the weight of your AP broadside and/or assume you’re just doing the HE spam thing.

Hegel Exercises fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Aug 12, 2020

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

kaesarsosei posted:

Is the Thunderer really worth it though if you already have a Conqueror? None of the current Coal or Research ships really appeal to me, but I do want to get Kutnetsov and also hoard currency in case something comes that does look better.
The Thunderer is the most overpowered tier 10 battleship, where the Conqueror is annoying but not very good. The gameplay is not that different though, the Conqueror just gets a super heal in exchange for AP that doesn't really work except against Smolensks.

Lord Koth posted:

At least with Kita I can feel somewhat spiteful at all the people whining about torpedo destroyers over the years. Kept crying wolf over and over again (because they're poo poo players with zero understanding of mechanics), and then when the actual wolf arrives they're ignored.

Torpedo destroyers got nerfed in the past for very understandable reasons. A torpedo boat that declines every engagement (see Kamikaze, Benham, IJN destroyers a few years ago before gun buffs, pubbie map border Shimakaze) checks an awful lot of boxes for bad gameplay: pretty braindead to play, nobody really gets to shoot back at you, not particularly rewarding to have on your team, much more effective against ships that press W than against j10 snipers, etc.

Kitakami is the same thing to an even greater extreme, since it has to stay even farther back due to the combination of 9 km concealment and losing gun fights 1v1 against basically everything in its matchmaking bracket. It's a pretty obvious garbage ship and it's hard to see how any tier 10 torpedo boat would be less effective than a Kitakami, but it will also be battleship alone on flank against shimakaze level of fun to play against.

Hegel Exercises posted:

This is helpful and I will try that. What equipment/captain skills do you use if you don't mind me asking? I'm assuming that concealment is up there because squish and low-ish base? But I guess more rudder shift or acceleration, leaning towards acceleration because I fund myself peeking out from behind islands to set fires. Also wondering if range mod in the last slot might be helpful or if I should just man up and stay mid-ish like you recommend.
Use concealment in slot 5 like pretty much every other ship. Use propulsion in slot 4 because slot 4 steering is mostly a placebo. You can use reload or range in slot 6, Goliath is one of the very rare cases where range mod isn't just a pubbie trap.

Hegel Exercises
Apr 25, 2019

James Garfield posted:

Use concealment in slot 5 like pretty much every other ship. Use propulsion in slot 4 because slot 4 steering is mostly a placebo. You can use reload or range in slot 6, Goliath is one of the very rare cases where range mod isn't just a pubbie trap.

Thanks I'll give this a go. And worth mentioning that sometimes placebos work if you believe they will :kiddo:

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

DonkeyHotay posted:

I haven't played in a few months but unless things have REALLY changed sniping in the thunderer is a noob trap. Abuse the utter bullshit concealment to one shot cruisers from 13km

Yeah this.

Also the HE on the Thunderer is a trap. It's good and useful but only in some very specific situations, like if you have absolutely nothing to shoot at other than angled battleships, or you know you're going to get a shot at a DD. Switching to it otherwise will usually leave you disappointed. Shoot AP 95% of the time like in any other battleship, it's loving bullshit.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Hegel Exercises posted:

This is how I run my Goliath. Feel free to swap out rudder shift for propulsion. I've played with both and I prefer the placebo :shobon:

Using Jack Dunkirk as my Captain. I do a LOT of back and forth turning so I like the increased turret traverse and lets you stay on target while you're turning hard.

Hegel Exercises
Apr 25, 2019

Stanley Pain posted:

This is how I run my Goliath. Feel free to swap out rudder shift for propulsion. I've played with both and I prefer the placebo :shobon:

Using Jack Dunkirk as my Captain. I do a LOT of back and forth turning so I like the increased turret traverse and lets you stay on target while you're turning hard.

ok almost exactly the build i went with. i'm doing propulsion and range personally, but yeah i get what you're saying about the anti-meta, good HE pen on some of the bow in camper ships and the gun angles are such that you can be angled pretty hard and still get all four guns to bear. hot take is that maybe this isn't a terrible ship in a vacuum but compared to its peers it's not good? idk i'm sure someone will roll in here and stat shame me but i'm just offering an observation.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Hegel Exercises posted:

ok almost exactly the build i went with. i'm doing propulsion and range personally, but yeah i get what you're saying about the anti-meta, good HE pen on some of the bow in camper ships and the gun angles are such that you can be angled pretty hard and still get all four guns to bear. hot take is that maybe this isn't a terrible ship in a vacuum but compared to its peers it's not good? idk i'm sure someone will roll in here and stat shame me but i'm just offering an observation.

I think a lot of people are disappointed that you can eat citadels fairly easily for what should be a tanky ship nor does she have the DPM of other HE ships. The heal really does help with that though. You can get in, be aggressive close to a cap eat some pens then fall back and heal up.

I kinda like the slower more methodical guns. The accuracy more than makes up for the ROF for me.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!
Pommern is the most fun thing since Georgia.

I will upvote this game, it was loving bananas.

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Threatening stuffed animals for fun and profit.

TheFluff posted:

Yeah this.

Also the HE on the Thunderer is a trap. It's good and useful but only in some very specific situations, like if you have absolutely nothing to shoot at other than angled battleships, or you know you're going to get a shot at a DD. Switching to it otherwise will usually leave you disappointed. Shoot AP 95% of the time like in any other battleship, it's loving bullshit.

LOL if you aren't running IFHE on Thunderer just to make people mad.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

Cobbsprite posted:

LOL if you aren't running IFHE on Thunderer just to make people mad.

You can take survival expert for that, it's more effective since people can tell that you're using it. If you replace basics of survival with SE in the generic battleship build you don't lose very much but you have 3500 extra health to troll your teammates with.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

Pommern video's sound seems really quiet; gonna eventually get a better one up later. In the meantime, I fixed the volume on the highlight of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RBPiGhDktw

Blindeye fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Aug 13, 2020

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I've had good results from saying "Fart winds and following shits!" at the start of games.

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I've had good results from saying "Fart winds and following shits!" at the start of games.

gl;hf

Get lag, have fires!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
What's the best module to put in the last slot on my Pommern? What about the Daring?

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
I dunno if you can mount DDs on it, but if so Daring seems a good choice :v:

(Probably main battery reload speed on both)

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

What's the best module to put in the last slot on my Pommern? What about the Daring?

I use main battery reload. As you can see here, the guns are no joke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v66BN352cFo

Hegel Exercises
Apr 25, 2019

main battery reload for both i'd say. maybe torp for Daring?

Daring is one of my go-to good time ships its an actual Minitaur. Assuming I don't make a misstep and get exploded trying to cap A, I usually have a blast in it. You can 100% shred poo poo and the smokes reload fast enough that you can get into some interesting positions. You can do a lot of damage to a broadside Yamato in a minute :allears:

A well played and dug in Daring is like a loving tick you're not getting rid of it without some real effort.

Has there been a line since the RN DD that has even come close to nailing an interesting gimmick? Quick smokes and defensive hydro :discourse:

Hegel Exercises fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Aug 13, 2020

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

What's the guidance for playing a Daring? I'm not really worked up on DDs, but I have Daring in port.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Hegel Exercises posted:

main battery reload for both i'd say. maybe torp for Daring?

Daring is one of my go-to good time ships its an actual Minitaur. Assuming I don't make a misstep and get exploded trying to cap A, I usually have a blast in it. You can 100% shred poo poo and the smokes reload fast enough that you can get into some interesting positions. You can do a lot of damage to a broadside Yamato in a minute :allears:

A well played and dug in Daring is like a loving tick you're not getting rid of it without some real effort.

Has there been a line since the RN DD that has even come close to nailing an interesting gimmick? Quick smokes and defensive hydro :discourse:

Nothing with the utility, but French DDs have the crazy high speed and high burst damage, or Euro DDs with their rocket torps.

Hegel Exercises
Apr 25, 2019

CitizenKain posted:

Nothing with the utility, but French DDs have the crazy high speed and high burst damage, or Euro DDs with their rocket torps.

Yeah those are both good and enjoyable (been playing a BFT/AFT Kleber with double rudder and it just feels dirty) but man the RN DD's just do what they do so well.

Cobbsprite posted:

What's the guidance for playing a Daring? I'm not really worked up on DDs, but I have Daring in port.

I'm not 100% on DD's so someone who is feel free to correct me. It plays like a traditional dd with a small detection range. You get in close, you cap points, you spot, all that good stuff. I'd say its a hybrid DD in that both the guns and the torps are pretty good (I personally lean more on the guns since I'm still trying to get the hang of the mind-reading behind getting torps right lol but you get 10 of them that can single launch so you can do some good ambushes with them). Combine this with quick reloading smoke that you have 7 of with superintendent, short range hydro that lasts a while (get the mod), and a heal you can make riskier moves since if it goes sideways you have the tools to get out alive. It also has the built in acceleration module that RN CL's and DD's get so you can the rudder mod to do someone sick torp beats. Like I've lived through torpedo salvos without a scratch that I probably should not have -- to such an extent that I got a "holy crap Daring, I'm not even mad just impressed" from the Shima that launched them and I subsequently murdered.

Let's see what else... It's one of the best T10 fire starters so absolutely hose down some BB's when you can. The AP is really good on flat surfaces so I try to use that whenever I can even on other DD's. You don't have speed boost so you can and will get run down by other gunboat DD's and even some cruisers and absolutely the Georgia (:cripes: that was an embarrassing one). I mean radar and plane spotting is still A Thing that sucks but you adjust your start accordingly when you can. I personally learn to love islands because the angles on the guns allow you lob some without being seen... The turrets are 360 which is always nice. I use RPF for shima ganking shenanigans and situational awareness but not sure if that's optimal. Kleber's and Haru and probably Hallands (those trees in general) can and will out dpm you so try to avoid getting into knife fights with them. Anything else in the bracket is fair game.

I like the RN dd's in general because of those smokes, I'm not going to say they're like DD training wheels but they can be a very nice safety net for if you make and oops an round round an island and the entire enemy team is there. There's a reason I've reset them twice for RB.

Hegel Exercises fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Aug 13, 2020

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

Hegel Exercises posted:

Yeah those are both good and enjoyable (been playing a BFT/AFT Kleber with double rudder and it just feels dirty) but man the RN DD's just do what they do so well.

I'm not 100% on DD's so someone who is feel free to correct me. It plays like a traditional dd with a small detection range. You get in close, you cap points, you spot, all that good stuff. I'd say its a hybrid DD in that both the guns and the torps are pretty good (I personally lean more on the guns since I'm still trying to get the hang of the mind-reading behind getting torps right lol but you get 10 of them that can single launch so you can do some good ambushes with them). Combine this with quick reloading smoke that you have 7 of with superintendent, short range hydro that lasts a while (get the mod), and a heal you can make riskier moves since if it goes sideways you have the tools to get out alive. It also has the built in acceleration module that RN CL's and DD's get so you can the rudder mod to do someone sick torp beats. Like I've lived through torpedo salvos without a scratch that I probably should not have -- to such an extent that I got a "holy crap Daring, I'm not even mad just impressed" from the Shima that launched them and I subsequently murdered.

Let's see what else... It's one of the best T10 fire starters so absolutely hose down some BB's when you can. The AP is really good on flat surfaces so I try to use that whenever I can even on other DD's. You don't have speed boost so you can and will get run down by other gunboat DD's and even some cruisers and absolutely the Georgia (:cripes: that was an embarrassing one). I mean radar and plane spotting is still A Thing that sucks but you adjust your start accordingly when you can. I personally learn to love islands because the angles on the guns allow you lob some without being seen... The turrets are 360 which is always nice. I use RPF for shima ganking shenanigans and situational awareness but not sure if that's optimal. Kleber's and Haru and probably Hallands (those trees in general) can and will out dpm you so try to avoid getting into knife fights with them. Anything else in the bracket is fair game.

I like the RN dd's in general because of those smokes, I'm not going to say they're like DD training wheels but they can be a very nice safety net for if you make and oops an round round an island and the entire enemy team is there. There's a reason I've reset them twice for RB.

When fighting other DDs you never want to use AP. Several have tested it out in training rooms and the only time that you kill an enemy DD in fewer salvos with AP is if you somehow manage to perfectly achieve 100% full pens, no ricochets or overpens. In the real world this will never happen, and you will always kill them faster with more consistent damage with HE. Use it on BB and Cruisers though, after you set them on fire. Halland does not out DPM you, Halland has basically Gearing DPM. Not bad but not great. Kleber only outguns you with MBRB enabled, afterward it has Shima base dpm. Other DDs to look out for are Smaland, Kitakaze, Friesland

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Daring is a smoke gunboat against big ships, you have less total smoke time than most other DDs but the large number of smokes and fast cooldown mean you can't be countered as easily by driving away. You also aren't countered by torping your smoke like a Harugumo. The torpedoes exist when you need them, but you shouldn't be playing as a torpedo boat with what are effectively Benson torps at tier 10.
If there's no CV in the match and you have some idea where radar ships are going you can push a cap early to remove an enemy DD and then damage farm, otherwise doing that will get you clicked by the CV so you camp and wait for the DD to suicide into radar. Fun.

The only destroyer that might be able to play aggressively into you and kill you is a Smaland. There are some others (Harugumo, Marceau, sometimes Kleber) that can outtrade you if they have spotting, but if you aren't overextended you can just smoke.

Never shoot AP at destroyers unless it's a broadside Gearing or Khabarovsk. AP is good for getting pens on bow/stern/upper belt of cruisers or battleships that are already on fire.

James Garfield fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Aug 13, 2020

Hegel Exercises
Apr 25, 2019

I stand corrected, thank you!

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKvaqAIBM6o

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

toadee posted:

When fighting other DDs you never want to use AP. Several have tested it out in training rooms and the only time that you kill an enemy DD in fewer salvos with AP is if you somehow manage to perfectly achieve 100% full pens, no ricochets or overpens. In the real world this will never happen, and you will always kill them faster with more consistent damage with HE. Use it on BB and Cruisers though, after you set them on fire. Halland does not out DPM you, Halland has basically Gearing DPM. Not bad but not great. Kleber only outguns you with MBRB enabled, afterward it has Shima base dpm. Other DDs to look out for are Smaland, Kitakaze, Friesland

I feel like the "daring shoot AP at DDs" thing is just a persistent meme that won't die even though it decisively should have as soon as the ifhe rework happened. Honestly the ifhe change is probably the single best possible buff Daring could have every gotten.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
Whats the deal with the various containers for sale (for real money) in the shop? eg why would I drop £70 on 25 American Cruisers Containers?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

kaesarsosei posted:

Whats the deal with the various containers for sale (for real money) in the shop? eg why would I drop £70 on 25 American Cruisers Containers?

Many of them were only available in-game for a limited amount of time, so if you want the rewards (in this case a permacamo for the Cleveland, in other cases commanders etc) after the fact, your only resort is to pay cash money for them.

Like for instance, if I wanted to complete the Dunkirk collection (I am missing two items) to get the unique commander, I'd have to pay. I'm also one (1) item away from completing the Italian collection and getting Luigi Sansonetti. Neither container can be earned in-game anymore, so WG are counting on my sunk-cost fallacy forcing me to buy boxes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Changes to submarines:

tl;dr:

quote:

We would like to thank all of you for participating in Submarine Battles and for your provided feedback. This test and your comments helped to steer our work on the new ship type:

Sonar ping mechanics were updated;

Battery charge mechanics were improved;

Anti-submarine warfare tools were added for battleships and heavy cruisers;

The transfer of information from allies' Hydrophones was implemented;

The detectability by sea of surface ships was lowered for submarines by one third.

Submarines will keep their features and act as stealthy hunters, but other classes will have means of countering them. Some illogical situations will be removed in a new iteration, and the gameplay load on destroyers will be lowered.

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/60