Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

ZombieLenin posted:

Is there an in-game cross clan goon channel?

no, use discord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

Hazdoc posted:

no, use discord

Yeah, but I don't want to find my headset.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

There's almost no in-game anything, because :wargaming:

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

ZombieLenin posted:

Yeah, but I don't want to find my headset.

discord has text chat you know

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

Hazdoc posted:

discord has text chat you know

Actually I didn't. Last time I was regularly on voip has been awhile. Basically when vent and mumble were still the go to.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]
Yeah... discord. Make some old man jokes now, its okay; however, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to see or navigate to any other channel other than the voice lobby.

JacksLibido
Jul 21, 2004

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

Kind of enjoy the Scharnhorst, but I can not justify spending money on another goddamn pixel boat right now. How does the Gneis stack up in comparison? I haven't ground it out yet since I got to just jump straight to the Bismarck.

Get the King George V, it's a scharnhorst that trades torps for way better aim and fire chance.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

ZombieLenin posted:

Yeah... discord. Make some old man jokes now, its okay; however, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to see or navigate to any other channel other than the voice lobby.

On the left there is a bunch of channels with # in their name (#auth-waiting-room, #general-info, etc.) If you click on one, it changes your current text channel to whatever room it is. You want #world of warships if you're lookin for bote goons. The channels underneath those are the voice channels.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

So, Flamu put up a video this weekend of the upcoming Halloween event for this year, and it looks amazing. I'm aware there are mixed feelings regarding him, but I'd suggest a watch.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

ZombieLenin posted:

I can't; since I'm a literal greybeard. Also, I saw Flamu's vid for the Halloween event, and it does look like a lot of fun.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
Normally I don't bother looking at people's stats but just had a Saipan that was so bad we had to check. Dude had like an overall 39% win rate.

I gave him a complement because he was on the other team and I had one of my easiest Saipan games in my life. :discourse:

JacksLibido posted:

Get the King George V, it's a scharnhorst that trades torps for way better aim and fire chance.
I'm super lazy and tend to just fire only AP in my Sharnhorst and it works out pretty well. Tried the same in the KGV and kept shattering on broadside Colorados. Maybe I just need to get used to it but god drat.

JacksLibido
Jul 21, 2004

Insert name here posted:

Normally I don't bother looking at people's stats but just had a Saipan that was so bad we had to check. Dude had like an overall 39% win rate.

I gave him a complement because he was on the other team and I had one of my easiest Saipan games in my life. :discourse:

I'm super lazy and tend to just fire only AP in my Sharnhorst and it works out pretty well. Tried the same in the KGV and kept shattering on broadside Colorados. Maybe I just need to get used to it but god drat.

Be lazier and shoot HE

Burns
May 10, 2008

I recently got a new tv (samsung mu7100 55inch), now warships cannot run at any higher resolutions (not even 1080 - it thinks there is a generic monitor). Anyone run into this type of problem?

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Insert name here posted:

Heh, shooting AP in RN ships :D

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner
Yeah, AP on the kgv is dogshit. On the Monarch it is decent, but I expect to fire mostly HE with Lion and Conqueror.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Cippalippus posted:

Yeah, AP on the kgv is dogshit. On the Monarch it is decent, but I expect to fire mostly HE with Lion and Conqueror.

I tried the big guns on the Conq.

For anyone else thinking of trying this, just don't OK? Trust me on this.

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

It is the deepest game ever. Nothing compares to its epic story.
Clan wars have been announced.

DUNKN will prioritize players wishing to COMPETE in battles, not just participate.

1 slot open right now, 10 slots opening soon.

Join Discord.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!
Dammit why are we doing this at work?

I need to respect my commander to the Des Memes tonight, but I need to know when the battles will be before committing.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Blindeye posted:

Dammit why are we doing this at work?

I need to respect my commander to the Des Memes tonight, but I need to know when the battles will be before committing.

19th October. 19.00 to 22.00

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Burt posted:

19th October. 19.00 to 22.00

Which timezone? :haw:

Lake Effect
May 8, 2008
2000-2300 EDT for NA

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]
I can't decide if Monarch is a "meh" ship or pretty good. I've had 4 battles in it. Two have been terrible and two 100k plus damage.

It certainly handles a lot like KGV. It's almost like it's the exact same ship with bigger guns and lovely Tier VIII mm. Weird.

Edit

Discord. Yeah, those channels weren't there, but are now. I think someone had to verify me as a goon and/or give me the proper permissions to see them.

Just an old man theory I'm going with.

ZombieLenin fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Oct 16, 2017

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

ZombieLenin posted:

I can't decide if Monarch is a "meh" ship or pretty good. I've had 4 battles in it. Two have been terrible and two 100k plus damage.

It certainly handles a lot like KGV. It's almost like it's the exact same ship with bigger guns and lovely Tier VIII mm. Weird.

It is very stealthy and the guns have a high rate of fire, good for ambushing with AP or HE. It looks balanced, but better in poo poo matchmaking than the Bismarck does.

JacksLibido
Jul 21, 2004

ZombieLenin posted:

Edit

Discord. Yeah, those channels weren't there, but are now. I think someone had to verify me as a goon and/or give me the proper permissions to see them.

Just an old man theory I'm going with.

I HATED the monarch and free XP’d out of it. It’s squishy, the HE is meh, the ap is meh, it doesn’t have good secondaries or armor or anything. It’s the most vanilla t8 BB out there and it just wasn’t fun.

Bobatron
May 12, 2007

let me tell you of a
place called Cylesborgia,
where robosexuals and
lesbians live together
in harmony :roboluv:

jownzy posted:

Clan wars have been announced.

DUNKN will prioritize players wishing to COMPETE in battles, not just participate.

1 slot open right now, 10 slots opening soon.

Join Discord.

Put me in coach. I'm ready to compete despite my horrific WR.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

Bobatron posted:

Put me in coach. I'm ready to compete despite my horrific WR.

So I forgot to get on discord tonight, but if it's 8pm eastern time Thursday I will be available. Spent tonight grinding my 15pt captain to switch it to the Des Moines.

My one question I have is, since I have 3 points unallocated on that captain; should I leave them until I have enough for fire prevention, or throw them into some skills useful for clan wars (I was thinking priority target and jack of all trades)?

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Priority target and Jack of all trades are incredibly useful on Des Moines, definitely get those before fire prevention.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Fire Prevention is honestly a really dubious choice for anything other than battleships. Not that cruisers can't get some use out of it, but there really are better options.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

Lord Koth posted:

Fire Prevention is honestly a really dubious choice for anything other than battleships. Not that cruisers can't get some use out of it, but there really are better options.

I meant for clan wars.

I have a "true" US Cruiser captain with 16 points. He has Priority target instead of preventative maintenance like this one does, but the other four points are in AFT, which is useless in clan wars right now. He will also probably get vigilance for his last 3 since unlike clan wars my random battle US cruiser captain uses DF.

The discussions from Flamu/Notser are harping on full tank builds for the cruisers to reduce the HE spam fire damage, but I feel like jack of all trades and priority target will be more flexible for a support ship like the DM.

Moskva with fire prevention probably is a pro choice, if I had a moskva.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner
Survivability skills for cruisers, which are usually a bad idea in random battles, are going to be really useful in the upcoming clan battles.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Cippalippus posted:

Survivability skills for cruisers, which are usually a bad idea in random battles, are going to be really useful in the upcoming clan battles.

Have they given any idea what the format will be for the battles? Cap points? Kill all? Or just a random bag such as we have in normal?

If anyone in EU fancies having a go at this let me know, I am not sure what needs to be done regarding registering etc but if there's a certain position that needs to do it I'll promote anyone who wants to take the lead.

Me :effort:

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012

ZombieLenin posted:

Its absolutely "meh" but not in a completely negative sense. I think the Amagi and NC are both slightly better. The Bismarck I would generally enjoy playing more but considering the horrific state of T8 MM, the Monarch copes with T10 matches a hell of a lot better than Bismarck IMO.

Not an enjoyable ship but not a painful grind either.

Burt posted:

Have they given any idea what the format will be for the battles? Cap points? Kill all? Or just a random bag such as we have in normal?

If anyone in EU fancies having a go at this let me know, I am not sure what needs to be done regarding registering etc but if there's a certain position that needs to do it I'll promote anyone who wants to take the lead.

Wasn't sure if I could be arsed with Clan Wars but the Stalingrad looks mighty nice. I'll give it a go but if I suck I can drop out and let someone else in.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Shock horror.

World of Warplanes is actually a hell of a lot of fun.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Let's not say things that we can't take back, Burt.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Heartcatch posted:

Let's not say things that we can't take back, Burt.

I don't know if you know this but they completely rebuilt the game from the last patch. I saw a Flamu video where he was playing it and I thought I would give it a try.

It's very fast paced, there's a low skill entry to it, the graphics are ace, games are fast and you get to respawned [twice I think?], levelling is very easy, +1 MM so very little seal clubbing, it's a good interface and if you have played botes or tanks you'll have no trouble working it out. It's all mouse pointer push LMB type of play but for a quick half an hour fun and RELAXATION it's pretty good.

Also the amount of nerd rage from the 8 people that played from the beginning is amazing. Go watch this and read the comments;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbNjhXS8QXU

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Yeah, it is actually pretty fun now. I guess we know what the cv rework team was doing.

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Burt posted:

I don't know if you know this but they completely rebuilt the game from the last patch. I saw a Flamu video where he was playing it and I thought I would give it a try.

It's very fast paced, there's a low skill entry to it, the graphics are ace, games are fast and you get to respawned [twice I think?], levelling is very easy, +1 MM so very little seal clubbing, it's a good interface and if you have played botes or tanks you'll have no trouble working it out. It's all mouse pointer push LMB type of play but for a quick half an hour fun and RELAXATION it's pretty good.

Also the amount of nerd rage from the 8 people that played from the beginning is amazing. Go watch this and read the comments;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbNjhXS8QXU

Arguably the worst thing about warplanes now is the crappy gaming center crap that won't work on my computer, which is a mandatory install for warplanes

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

Burt posted:

I really want a Stalingrad cruiser, but it seems we barely have 7 people online at the same time on EU.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Lol.i halbve already saod i inferno circstances wanttpgback
I'd be interested in doing clan wars, and could have a tier ten in a few weeks if I had a reason to unlock one. It just depends on what time of night the battles are going down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Burt posted:

Shock horror.

World of Warplanes is actually a hell of a lot of fun.

I posted something similar in the WoT thread recently too. We might actually need a WoWP thread if this takes off again.