Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

So I did both WoWS weekends, that means I am auto in for the beta tomorrow right? I should be expecting an email then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Good I'm in, can't play just now but I wanted to check and make sure. I didn't get any email I just downloaded the game and checked to see if I have access to the forums.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Cigarette boats that go 60kph, have 1 hit point, and 2 torpedoes.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I hope the Cleveland is worth it because the Phoenix feels like straight garbage. Admittedly I'm real bad at this though.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I'll reverse my earlier statements on the phoenix, it's pretty good now that everything is fully upgraded.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Haven't played this game in a few weeks, so I come back and jump in my Omaha...

I used to not like this thing but fully upgraded it kind of owns.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Is that aim assist legal? I tried it out and it makes the Fuso into a doomsday weapon. If you put in the effort to serpentine and vary your speed it's less effective but pretty much no one does and its great at the start of the game to land big damage on distant battleships.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Nah I re installed it and it works fine.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I am interested in the Japanese cruisers, can someone tell me about them. Specifically the Aoba, it looks pretty awesome with those 203mm guns. I just got the Cleveland yesterday and its really nice, how do they compare?

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Man the Fuso is satisfying. 420 drop atom bombs on people from 20km away erry day. I hope the next 2 ships are as good even though I have read reviews saying they are not. The majority of my games I am top exp with this ship.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Cardiac posted:

Running the aimbot?

When running the Fuso and I am not highest tier, I am sort of wondering whether I should first focus on cruisers first and knock them out instead of shooting higher tier BBs. That should allow my team mates in cruisers/destroyers to hopefully close in and finish the BB with torpedoes.

Yes, I suppose if they ban it I will have to learn to aim but it's just too tempting when I'm doing 40-60k damage in my first few salvos at extreme range 2 minutes into the match. Rarely do people bother to change course and seem content to just drive right into the murder solution. Whenever I see a BB fire at me at longish range I will immediately change course and speed somewhat, even in something as cumbersome as the Fuso this is effective.

As for targeting Crusiers/Carriers, it depends on what I think is more of an immediate threat. Cruisers are nice soft targets but I always keep AP loaded if there are any BB targets present and I don't like to risk over penetration unless they are getting into torp range or are spending alot of time targeting me.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Got the Nagato and have played a few games in it, I'm sorta underwhelmed, going from 12 guns to 8 seems like a step backward.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I have come to terms with the Nagato, the secondaries now that I have AFT on my commander are indeed pretty useful and the bigger guns mean more citadel hits up close and personal. It can still be a pain to get there though and tier for tier I like the Fuso better, actually I think the Fuso has been my favorite ship so far.

What's the word on American BBs? I know people are complaining about the range on the mid tier ships but I was surprised they actually went ahead and put the Montana in.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I just unlocked the Amagi, it seems like a Nagato with worse secondaries and worse armor in exchange for 2 extra guns, does that about sum it up.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

The Izumo looks... special, what's the logic behind that turret layout.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Not super impressed with the Wyoming, 12 boomsticks is nice but man 14km is a huge pain in the rear end and it's only going to get worse as I move up.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Methylethylaldehyde posted:

Those are the 122mm derp gun turrets off the KV-2 heavy tank. A hilarious and hilariously awful gun.

Nah, those are the super structures from the su-100y I'm pretty sure.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Finished the New York today. I thought it was pretty good, good fire power but a bit clumsy. I am just going by my gut feeling though so feel free to whip out your spreadsheets letting me know I'm full of poo poo. New Mexico seems also pretty good, Rossmum has informed me that the Colorado is A Bad Bote though.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

That's a pretty legit concern though. I really like being able to put a bunch of shells in the air over the chance that I might do more damage if they hit.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Not enjoying the Colorado, can't really pinpoint why but I am doing much worse in it than I was in my New Mexico.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Uhh why do people not like the New Mexico, I haven't played in a couple of weeks but last I played it kicked all sorts of rear end? Fuso is still the best though but the NM certainly gives it a run for it's money.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

rossmum posted:

AP shells will fuse on the engine spaces if you can hit them. It's a very hard shot to make with a BB but it is possible, I've done it.

Can someone tell me what "fuse" means? I have heard this term and even googled "navy shell fusion" with no explanation. Is it just anytime the shell doesn't over penetrate and therefore remains with the target ship?

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Well okay then. I always for whatever reason just assumed AP shells didn't carry any explosives at all and simply used kinetic energy to do all their damage.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I haven't played in a month or more but I heard there was a big patch and a wipe today and logged in to see the Arkansas Beta in my garage. Not really sure where to start again now. Is there a consensus on which line is better, US or IJN BBs? Also is this Open Beta yet?

E: Also have 2.3 mil credits and 1200 gold. When will they link account gold, I assume only when this game is in full release right?

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I haven't played in a few months and didn't even realize this had launched now! I've read the last several pages and it appears BB's are getting poo poo on by carriers and CA heat spam so I was going to start cruisers (again). I played the US cruisers before and thought the Cleveland was the tits but what would you guys recommend if you had to pick between IJN and US cruisers?

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

What are the recommended skills for a IJN BB Captain?

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Feindfeuer posted:

I thought I'd test out the game and remebered I still had a bonus code from the E3 Humble Bundle, but I just realized that this is only valid for the NA server. As I'm located in central europe I'll be happy to give the key to any NA playing goon who wants it, just send me a PM.

Code went to Axetrain, anyone who wants it now has to fight him irl.

Gold, premium and a Murmansk! This is a great excuse to take a break from the scourge that is WoT for a bit :swoon:.

Also fite me m8s.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

First game in the Murmansk (didn't have time to play this morning). It's quick, its maneuverable, its got good HE spam, and it's even got torps, what more could you ask for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

This is going to sound dumb but how do I log out. I haven't played in forever but the steam release made me want to try again and when I started up the game again after install I just made some throwaway account since it didn't prompt me to enter my account info. But now I cant find where or how to sign in as a different user in the game.