Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Got mine in, presumably. Had to go through the blog for it to stop lying to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

Just got my acceptance email. Check your inboxes, Amerigoons. :getin:

:toot: Time to suck poo poo at ships instead of tanks.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I really like the speed of this compared to WoT, other than that no too many thoughts yet.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Indrazar posted:

I can confirm that teir 1 boats are much, much more fun than teir 1 tanks.

I can't wait for the T1 premium with long lances.

Orv
May 4, 2011

xthetenth posted:

I'm pretty sure they've actively been trying to marginalize the long lance for things that aren't Japanese destroyers.

Look man, the B2 existed in the form it did for like two years, I don't expect them to skimp on the idiot premiums here.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Running around behind the big guys and making GBS threads torpedos at everything is really fun.

Orv
May 4, 2011

dtkozl posted:

No it is because the devs are scared to use their brain. Smoke screens and torpedo runs by mass destroyers can break up a line quick. Right now it is just chaos and it really limits what could potentially be a good team game.

Zero physical cover would be absolutely awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

dtkozl posted:

Again, this won't be the case because unlike navy field there will be cover in the form of dd smoke screens. But if there are only a few choke points that the bbs and anyone with torps can zero in on then they are much less of a tool than they could be.

Here's how your No Islands, Only Smoke Screens, Final Destination proposal would go:

1. DDs drop smoke
2. Everyone who isn't a BB shits torps into smoke
3. BB shits shells into smoke and instantly blows up DD/seriously damages cruisers and other BBs
4. No-one has fun