Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Cythereal posted:

And to be fair, there are probably a lot of liberties taken with everything. Pick the Yamato, and it looks like in this game you'll actually be able to do something with it, which is more than could be said for the ship in real life. :v:
Yea, I don't really mind the paper design stuff so much. There's also a perfectly good reason for them to do the Russian tree next- Wargaming's biggest market is Russia. I'm more annoyed with them making the German tree before the UK, but again marketing reasons.

Also, apparently my progress from the Beta Weekend carried over, I launched the client to find 2.6 million credits and 78K free XP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Aiming matters a lot in this game- hitting the citadel with AP is so much more damage than HE or badly aimed AP shots. Aiming for the magazines gives the chance for instant detonation too, which is one of the most satisfying things to do.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

The Phoenix is one of the few ships that really needs hull upgrades before it starts to work. The Omaha is better and the Cleveland is amazing.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Kesper North posted:

TIL don't buy ship upgrades, because you can't sell the ship again without piasters to remove the upgrades :negative:

This means I can never sell four of my ships, and they'll sit around taking up slots until we get some piasters.
You can click on demount in the sell menu and change it to sell instead.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Mans posted:

When will this piece of boat poo poo be open to anyone? Or is it already and i'm blind?

lmao the new "World of Tanks killer" game hired the Czech nazi and is P2W?

Goons will play\praise anything as long as it isn't Wargaming.
I mean despite my.ru's reputation Obsidian have come out and said that there will be no gold ammo/consumables equivalent- there's no indication that this game has any P2W elements at all. Unlike WG they've even stated they will rebalance premiums in case of severe issues, rather than taking them off the store like WG does.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

No more resets. Open Beta is basically a launch.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

IJN destroyers are fun.

2167 base xp

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

The 10km ones are significantly slower too, which is a pretty big deal. Harder to actually hit people, and lowers your opportunities to fire.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Don't even shoot HE at carriers- just citadel pen them with AP- who cares if they're not on fire if they take 10000 damage.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Russia, then Germany, then UK.
Blame Russian nationalists and Wehraboos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Yesterday was a good day for Mr. Myogi. Managed to 1v1 a Kuma at 4 km and a Cleveland at 10km while dealing with repeated carrier attacks. The accuracy at range may blow but the guns still citadel pen very well at lower ranges.
Also, there is far more counterplay to carriers than there ever was to artillery. Just proper evasive maneuvering alone will cut out a lot of damage, but strategic awareness matters too.