Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dammit_Carl!
Mar 5, 2013
Goddamit NA portal; open up already!

(And yes, I know they posted PST as their "opening," time - I just want it sooner)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dammit_Carl!
Mar 5, 2013

Vengarr posted:

There's probably enough paper designs to fill out quite a few nations with only a relative handful of ships, like the Netherlands and Germany. There's the Vichy French fleet too.

This stuff right here is going to be awesome - you think paper tanks will make 'spergers mouths froth, then paper ships will launch them straight to the moon.

It will be glorious.

Dammit_Carl!
Mar 5, 2013
I'm certainly not getting any "work," done today thanks to this waiting - make it worthwhile for me, Wargaming!!!

Dammit_Carl!
Mar 5, 2013

YellerBill posted:

Got my app in, now for the waiting.

Me too...hold me!

Dammit_Carl!
Mar 5, 2013

FlyingCowOfDoom posted:

I want to say the Russians did this, and also used KV1 turrets on some ships if I remember my reading correctly.

Wasn't this for something like shallow water patrol boats?

Anyhoo, I do like this game so far; looking forward to getting a destroyer!

Dammit_Carl!
Mar 5, 2013
I'm digging the "flow," of the game as ships have to move to keep alive. Granted, I'm just be-bopping in the Tier 1-3 range still, but I hope that sort of thing doesn't change too much the higher up I go.

Dammit_Carl!
Mar 5, 2013
I think I've arrived; suffered not one but two "friendly fire," torpedo incidents in two back-to-back games - promptly started calling everyone "cunts," and ragequit for the night.

Awesome!

Dammit_Carl!
Mar 5, 2013

demonR6 posted:

Here's the DropBox link to the rising sun flag I made fro those that wanted it.

Gracias!

Dammit_Carl!
Mar 5, 2013

Mirrors posted:

...you're doing the lords work.

Word. Thanks TheFluff!

Dammit_Carl!
Mar 5, 2013

chestnut santabag posted:

Oh man I would play the gently caress out of World of SpaceWarships.

Slight derail follows:

Couple of pages late, but the closest approximation of this sort of thing I could think of is the "Starfleet Command," series which was a riff off of the Starfleet Battles board game.

You move in 2d space in big, swoopy arcs,have power management (i.e. do I put energy in shields, guns, or speed?), have firing arcs for weapons, torpedoes and missles, and can encounter obstacles in space like asteroids, black holes, and "space monsters," and so on. Its certainly more fiddly than WoWS in terms of, hell, everything, but its fun and has never been off of any of my hard drives for long as I'm an unrepentant Star Trek nerd.

Multiplayer exists, but I honestly can't vouch for its quality as I've never used it.

Derail over.

On the botes side of things, sayonara Kawachi (finally) and konnichiwa Myogi! Tenno Heika, Banzai!

Dammit_Carl!
Mar 5, 2013
Bought the Soviet Premium destroyer and then got the re-badged Soviet Omaha class and holy poo poo! Playing only IJN, I've neglected the entire US inventory at this point, so any online talk just slid past my eyeballs as I wasn't interested - are the other US Cruisers as good / similar gun-wise?

Also, the hue and cry from the masses on the WoWS forums about not being a special snowflake anymore is amazing. A few weeks into the game and I already want to remove the chat box too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dammit_Carl!
Mar 5, 2013
Sweet, sweet fire for the enemy is the only answer.