Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zhanism
Apr 1, 2005
Death by Zhanism. So Judged.
Whats the right time and situation to use AP vs HE shells on the various classes of botes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zhanism
Apr 1, 2005
Hi All, I think I'm doing this wrong or I have some settings wrong.

When you zoom in maximum, in the binocular view, it seems you cant shoot more than 10 KM? When you are in battleships, how do you see far enough to shoot accurately? When I zoom out so I can elevate more, it doesn't seem very precise because its easy to go form 10KM to 15KM range etc.

I assume this is a feature to make long range shots more difficult but just wanted to check and get some advice.

Thanks

Zhanism
Apr 1, 2005
Should destroyers use HE or AP? Their AP not useful against bigger ships and does AP matter against other destroyers?

Zhanism
Apr 1, 2005
Whats the best Japanese Cruiser? Do they top out at Tier V like the destroyers?

Zhanism
Apr 1, 2005
Is there any point in getting the the Tier V Japanese Destroyer? is it IV or V where they top out?

Zhanism
Apr 1, 2005
Is it worth getting the torp upgrade for the Minezake? +3 distance is nice but 11 knots slower seems a tough penalty to pay.

Zhanism
Apr 1, 2005
Did they fix the issue of long range BB fire needing to be aimed at the bow of the ship because of the hitbox lag?

Zhanism
Apr 1, 2005
How far up the US destroyer line is it worth to go? The Farragut does not seem like much of an upgrade on paper.

Zhanism
Apr 1, 2005
Do people feel the Omaha or Phoenix is better? Cant remember which to rebuy.

Zhanism
Apr 1, 2005
Is the Fuso turret upgrade worth getting? I'm not sure if the increase in rate of fire is worth the slower turret turning.

Zhanism
Apr 1, 2005
So with the AP vs HE swing, has anyone found a new good rule of thumb for when to switch back and forth? I would think DDs might stay with HE mostly now? Cruisers should save the AP for close range against other cruisers and BBs? and BBs should just stay AP still?

Zhanism
Apr 1, 2005
So I'm punishing myself by going up the Japanese DD line. The Mutsuki, should I do the final hull with only 2 guns or revert back to the 2nd hull?

Zhanism
Apr 1, 2005
Any observations on the HE vs AP with this new patch? HE is suppose to be more useful now correct?

Zhanism
Apr 1, 2005

Burno posted:

more useful would be an understatement see this pic from the prior pages

But for battleships and cruisers with 8 inchers, are AP still the way to go? My cleveland would be good with HE I assume.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zhanism
Apr 1, 2005
Should BB ever use HE even with this patch? My DDs are using HE almost all the time and I only use AP on my 8 Inch cruisers.