Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Yes, more Mafia please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Yeah, just lunch one today. I've been scum in multiple LO games and in each one of those games we got the town to mislunch multiple times in a day for a win.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Byers2142 posted:

Ernie, your vote on Somber is because you're saying Somber's post was white noise, yes? Even if he's telling the truth about pulling that off as scum?

Somber, what was the scum LO game you're referencing?

Spongebob and Murder Lottery.

It's obviously a relevant point because it's something we're going to discuss at least a little bit today.

Amnistar posted:

You have a good point. It is difficult to lie twice in one post...

##unvote

Byers has convinced me that theRam is not lying.

also I really like the idea of waiting 24 hours first to see if we get additional information to work wtih.

Amni this is strange. Did you not think Ram was lying to begin with or what?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

mythadile posted:

What a seemingly helpful but lengthy post whose content should be self explanatory.

I like the callout even if it's on a player I haven't seen before but why is there no vote in this post? It didn't seem weird to me until I noticed that myth votes me shortly afterwards.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Byers2142 posted:

Why like the callout? Why expect a vote? I think that Morn's post was spot-on, not worthy of a callout or a vote.

I think that being aggressive is usually good play that facilitates scumhunting, "if you see something, say something." What bothers me is that Morn didn't get a vote but I did.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Byers2142 posted:

Unless I'm mistaken, Amni's still on the "TheRam seems scummy" bandwagon, but unvoted because of my timing comment. He's being a smartass. Unless you seriously think Amni can't comprehend someone lying twice in a post.

Okay, I was confused.

I'm not feeling Ram. It seems strange to make yourself a target with a bizarre role claim right off the bat as scum.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Byers I can't talk about ongoing games but you should read a little of this. Not too much though, you'll burn out valuable brain cells.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I spent multiple days of my life banging my head against an echo chamber of nega-logic and was trying to save you the same fate. I agree that meta is usually worthless because meta reads are taken from one context and put in another, but I see the same patterns forming here.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
maybe don't call people stupid when they disagree with you, if you want to convince them.

i'm trying desperately to avoid getting sucked into communicating with ram again but it's so hard. i absolutely agree with Mornacale that a town mind is absent from Ram's posting, even down to his pronoun use and phrasing. scummy posting seems to be his MO though.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I think that stuff is alignment neutral.

CapitalistPig posted:

The mod ended the game because he made some role too powerful or something like that.

I just know that I was tracker in that game and I wanted to get into john malkovich so bad (lol) because it made me super tracker that could watch/track everyone in the game or something ridiculous like that.

ahh good times.

pig hops in to make a post, showing that he's reading the thread, but doesn't comment on any content.

##vote pig

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
the one thing you notice when you're reading through this thread is a chance to talk about an old game that doesn't have real relevance here?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i hate 'pig being pig.' as someone who has been scum with pig in too many games he does have tells.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
pig didn't respond with "you're an idiot" so he is scum.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
haha i am totally right.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Yes, I think pig is scum. The reasoning is there in that post you quoted but I think you might have missed it in your hurry to write multiple paragraphs of nonsense.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
It's not a meta read. I'm dismissing a meta read based on my understanding of Pig having been a scum teammate of his multiple times. Why would your understanding of my understanding of Pig's meta be more valid than my own understanding?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Pin you smell. I'm not attacking Pig for not contributing early on day one. I'm saying that it is weird and unnatural to chime in to contribute irrelevant content while not commenting on any of the relevant content happening around you. I think voting me for generating content you don't like on day one is a bum move.

Byers, I can't find the post I read last night on my phone right now but I'm not making meta arguments, I'm engaging with people who are making meta arguments. I don't think that has any relevance anymore but I want it noted on the record.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Ram you seem to equivocate wrong and scummy a lot of the time. I think it does you a disservice.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Kumbamontu posted:

i would vote somber, but i am already voting the best candidate.

Still rereading but the second scum is either Ernie or Kumba. Or both but probably not both.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Mornacale posted:

Yo Somber, care to offer a little more detail on the bolded?

Yeah let me see if I can find something without scratching out my eyes.

TheRam posted:

How about this, if I make a good case, convince the town and they flip scum maybe you humour me with a potential second lynch since my powers increase? I'm hoping my powers include BP, and I'm kind of assuming that power level 2 will at least involve some way to prevent myself getting NK'd. I'm making quite a lot of assumptions about my role I guess, but it's a weird role and I'm trying to figure out why it exists in this setup.

D1 made sense for me to claim because it comes with the greatest probability of the availability of other town roles being able to help me or at least gain information from my death if a successful scum lynch and power up happens, and yes, it's the day where we know we're not immediately on LYLO's doorstep.

Does my request sound reasonable? Also I like your last idea it seems pretty townie and it shows you're reading the thread, but I made my first post without reading the thread sorry. I sat there with my role PM and thought about it a little, I thought about whether or not I would damage the game or go against any intentions of my role. I don't see good odds on my role happening unclaimed, so I claimed. I'm VT otherwise, so #yolo even if I go down in a blaze of glory town benefits imo.

I didn't post this originally because no one is going to take it seriously, but this is one of the better examples of Ram's strange phrasing. This is super goony but Ram seems to refer to the town in the third person a lot. It bothers me.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Pinterest Mom posted:

Quoting this from the Mafia Discussion thread because I feel weird responding to it in there when I'm in a game with you

You are literally my favourite/top mafia player.

Haha, thank you very much! You're one of my favorite players as well, you make games better.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Byers2142 posted:

Somber, for my sanity and our friendship I'm just going to ignore your pronoun thing, yeah?

these voting patterns are weird though

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Pinterest Mom posted:

really?

i talk about town in the third person all the time as town. it's not a scum tell and it's a ridiculous charge~

I sincerely don't like your tilde there.

I know it's silly, but it's how I feel and Pirate asked about it.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Byers2142 posted:

Voting patterns, yeah, that's a case I can work with. Just not getting into grammar poo poo again.

What's weird about TheRam's voting patterns to you? He voted Amni, and then me repeatedly. Oh, and Ernie for no reason whatsoever, but I'm ignoring that one.

It was a capps joke.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Mornacle. I couldn't remember his name while I was typing.

It's the same way that :rolleyes: is a scum emoticon!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Yeah, it's Ernie too. He's just kind of here and reinforcing the same opinions without showing any kind of interest or curiosity. Why bring up Ram's claim if you're not going to do anything about it?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
This would be why I tried to avoid having this conversation in the first place. I'm not going to try and convince you.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Pinterest Mom posted:

You proactively posted that you didn't like my tilde and that :rolleyes: is a scum emoticon, nobody forced you into it.

I felt like this all came out of that pronoun discussion.

I wish Capps were here. Capps I summon you into this game.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
why the gently caress would you out a power role

you clearly don't have a post restriction either

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
This is dumb. How much time do we have today?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Oh actually a while.

Cpig's thing is dumb but he's scum independent of how dumb it is.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
##vote cpig doubling-down on your dumb lie was not the right reaction.

i know what i said earlier but i bet a dollar i could win this game day one if i got to pick three lunches.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
naw it's not Kumba, it's pig and ernie andddd

hm

probably a lurker like Exakt or Hip. Could be Pin but I don't see his current interaction with Pig as anything other than genuine.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
The problem with the term 'lunch' is that I didn't bring any today.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

TheRam posted:

What if I told you I could tell you the alignment of someone who has died before their flip.

What then?

I'd probably vote you.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Speaking of Meinberg, we should vote out lurkers today because there is no penalty for doing so.

HiipFire posted:

Did I miss something or does PMom's stance on CPig doesn't make any sense.

He didn't visit CPig, but he does read him town and also subtly confirms for us that he's a power role?

how does that make sense

wait, post more about this.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

HiipFire posted:

what do you mean

Expand on that, I want to get a better idea of your perspective before I reread.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Ernie. posted:

i'm glad i haven't moved my vote off you

i too am glad that you're taking a more relaxed role this game. i think it's good for you. :3:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

TheRam posted:

Why is everyone ignoring the fact that I might be able to alignment check an unflipped player? I'm willing to bet my life on it if it's true!

uh do it. why is this a question? why did you bury the lede when you claimed earlier? how is this an ambiguous role?

i just think you're lying again is all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
just cop someone

jesus

• Locked thread