Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Give me a cool role.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3T_J3Vuu1GY

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

##vote hiip

Rolllllling starrrrrrrrrrrttttt

That's just bad form, CPig.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zrtl41oZxOA

##vote Cpig

Rolling Start

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

NO sometimes people say it and don't post the video!

My world is crumbling around me.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

TheRam posted:

I'm kind of brain fried, so maybe that contributes, but yes I'm a native English speaker and I've gotten top grades in Literature and Language my entire life. I even got 100% on an A level metaphysical poetry exam despite never seeing the poems before! John Dunne or something, idk.

##vote TheRam

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Hey folks, I've fallen behind quite a bit, and I'm trying to catch up with the time I have.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

What the gently caress is even going on in this game? I've finally caught up, but now I need to go and think about things for a while.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Oh okay, TheRam is basically capps. I think I understand things a lot better now.

##unvote

I'm willing to go along with his "test" for the time being.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

TheRam posted:

I don't know what this means, did capps write things that look like they're from a book but fail to proof read them undermining any attempt at looking smart too?

I like the sound of this capps guy.

capps is the wisest and most powerful of all Mafia players. However, he is unable to relate his thoughts in a way that is clear to anyone besides me, and appears to most as trollish gibberish/shitposting.

I don't want to vote Exakt until we have a bit more information in us. However, I will agree that looking over the PMom/CPig interactions, I'm more willing to vote PMom at the moment.

##vote Pmom

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Byers2142 posted:

Are you his scumbro, Ernie?

Wait, are you the disguiser?

Ok, if TheRam is lynched and I die because I pushed for it, I tracked Ernie earlier. I was unable to track him. Not that I didn't see him going anywhere, but that I I was completely unable to track Ernie. That means a Jailer hit him/me, I was roleblocked, or Ernie was the disguiser who CPig saw disguised as PMom visit him.

if TheRam flips scum and I die at the end of today, look to Ernie tomorrow. This has been an overly dogged defense from Ernie of TheRam, almost desperate in it's sudden tenacity.

Huh, that's actually pretty interesting, because I did track Ernie. And he visited you, Byers.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Byers2142 posted:

What're your role mechanics?

I can track a person for 48 hours, and at the end of the time frame, I get my results. No recharge time, though I didn't send in my new target immediately, and now there's a bit of a gap for my power.

I mean, it's entirely possible that two players might have the same role, but I doubt it. I think it's far more likely that Byers is a bad guy with a fake claim, trying to push some shade onto Ernie.

##vote Byers

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Byers2142 posted:

Lurkers are a scourge that we need to stop tolerating on SA. They mess up games, and it's become the go-to scum strategy for some players because many times they'll win due to the very attitude you're expressing.

Your shift to a more aggressive anti-lurker stance would be pretty opportunistic if you just happened to know that the lurkers in this game are town.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Kumbamontu posted:

I am finally caught up on 450 posts jesus gently caress you talk a lot

TheRam has personally contributed to nearly a quarter of the posts in the thread. Things should be a little more manageable now, though I'm waiting on the flip to re-evaluate things.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

##vote Amnistar

I just finished looking over Amnistar, and I really don't like how focused he is on TheRam. TheRam was certainly acting in a peculiar fashion, so it'd be pretty easy for scum to focus on him for the vote out, and blend into the town doing so. He even gives an out in case TheRam flips 3p, here:

Amnistar posted:

Am pretty positive that theRam is either scum or third party and would like to see him dead in the first set of cuddles.

Byers, why did you defend me when theRam was pushing against me?

Exakt, welcome to the game, what do you think so far? Any comments on the rather wordy 24 hours?

Even after TheRam flipped 3p, Amnistar was quick to reinforce how right he was for pushing TheRam, under the pretense of using that as a scum hunting tool. And who does he turn up with this expert tool? HiipFire, who had come up as a potential lurker vote out the day before.

Amnistar also has relatively little interaction with Ernie, but in terms of those interactions, I find this particular post to stand out the most to me:

Amnistar posted:

Statistically we are more likely to lynch town than scum day one due to numbers. Add in a fakeclaimed cop to lead us to incorrect conclussions and alignment links and we find outselves being led through lynches.

The only reason I'd see to voting out multiple people per "day" would be if there is strong scum reads on multiple people, while Amnistar here is advocating going for multiple vote outs, due to statistics, which Ernie himself points out is bad logic here:

Ernie. posted:

This is 'common knowledge' that always flabbergasts me. Statistically means nothing in mafia because lunches are NOT independent events. Especially when someone is telling you they'll use a cop ability on the target of the lunch!

With Ernie no longer around advocating multiple vote outs, without solid reasoning, Amnistar is back to wanting to get rid of multiple people here:

Amnistar posted:

Alright, theRam flipped 3rd party, so I want to look at the people that bought into his claim, since the scum would assume that he was town and telling the truth.

In light of that I'm going to ##vote HiipFire

-No real alignment calls all game.
-Believes theRam's claim and only swaps once the lie about the 24 hours thing comes up.
-Is the one to bring up the idea of "Oh, he must be town because no one has hammered yet."
-Several posts made where he comments on 'if you flip town then...'

I would also like to lynch exakt on the lurker grounds and possibly one other.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Mornacale posted:

Far be it from me to defend Amni, since I do think they are the scummiest player alive, but your take on the quoted post is the exact opposite of what they're saying (or my take on what you're saying is opposite of the truth, in which case sorry).

Also, sorry I haven't been contributing as much content today, I'm a little intimidated by the prospect of re-reading this whole mess and casing someone so I've been mostly taking a break to recharge my batteries.

You are absolutely correct. That's what I get for reading while distracted.

It doesn't take away my points in regards to his interactions with TheRam.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Mornacale posted:

What do you think of Pig/Mom? Both scum, one scum, none scum?

I think that at least one are scum. The description of their roles doesn't match up, and I choose to believe in symmetry, even assuming that there are two of the same role in the game, which I am not so certain of. That's why I'm taking everything Byers says with a grain of salt at the moment.

As for which one is scum, I've cooled a bit, and have reached a state where I'm mostly null.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Good morning thread.

##vote Cpig

CPig's inability to keep his story straight about his claim makes it fairly clear that he's scum.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

HiipFire posted:

way to steal kumba's hammer dick

Look, I haven't had my coffee yet.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Pinterest Mom posted:

Despite his rolecop result on me, Hiip didn't vote Cpig until this morning's meltdown, more than 24 hours after getting the result?

and he waited until after my self-watch ran out to rolecop me, despite his cooldown running out before that - which means that i can't confirm that he visited me?

##vote hiip

That's a good point.

##vote hiip

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Mornacale posted:

By the by, given how vociferously Hiip went against the idea of dunking lurkers, I really like Meinberg as scum if Hiip flips mafia.

Speaking of Meinberg, hey Meinberg! I figure you should have your second track in by now, why don't you tell us about it!

You are correct that I should have my second track in by now. I'm guessing that since I haven't heard anything from the mod, that I didn't find anything. I'm going to hold off on claiming who I tracked, in case Asiina realizes later that I should have more information.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Murmur Twin posted:

Meinberg, shouldn't you be furiously casing Byers right now for lying and saying he has the same role as you?

I think a lot of how I'd case Byers depends on how CPig flips. If CPig flips scum, then I'd have to look at Byers differently than if CPig flips town or 3P.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Alright, I've gotten clarification. The person I visited second did not, in fact, go anywhere.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Byers2142 posted:

If you think I'm lying about my role, why does it matter if I bussed or lied for a mislynch?

Because I am no longer sure if you are lying about your role. There is the possibility of two trackers, though that doesn't mean that you're not scum.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

I've been a bit busier than expected as of late. I know there were a few points that were addressed to me specifically, so I'll see what I can do to answer those.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Mornacale posted:

Their claim is a 48-hour duration with no cooldown, so they would have missed anything their second target did early in the third real-world day of the game. Meinberg, can you let us know when you sent in your second track? Was your current track sent in promptly or did you allow another gap?

Since you've specifically requested it, I will reveal that the second person I tracked was you.

There was another gap in the power activate, so my third tracking is a little more out of whack. I need to get better at timing these things.

mythadile posted:

What is the reasoning behind not saying who this is?

I have two reasons for not revealing my tracking results: the first, as Byers said, is to protect power roles. The second, is to make it more difficult for players to fake claim. The less information available to scum, the less they have to work with in fabricating claims, while I'll still have my information available in order to counter any erroneous claims made.

Byers2142 posted:

OK, make the case now then.

CPig flips scum, what do you think about me?

CPig flips town, what do you think about me?

If CPig flips town or 3P, then I become more likely to see you as scum. After Cpig's claim coming into conflict with PMom's, then I think it'd be much more likely that you'd be interested in tracking CPig to catch him in a lie, which would make it fairly easy to persuade the town that he is scum, using purely factual information. I'd be more inclined to think that you're scum in this case.

If CPig flips scum, then I'd be more likely to think that you're town. While I see there being a possibility of throwing CPig under the bus, doing so seems less likely than you genuinely catching him in a lie. In this case, I'd think you more likely to be town. The exception would be if you are not actually a tracker. In that case, you may have attempted to fabricated tracking information, by burning CPig to make you seem more townish.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

You didn't go anywhere that I saw.

I tracked you from 12:30pm on the 18th until 12:30pm on the 20th. I picked up tracking my third target on 4:00pm on the 20th.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Mornacale posted:

Oops, sorry, I forgot that you'd previously posted the result of your second track without my name attached. Questions:

1) Why did you choose to track me? Specifically, why not CPig or PMom, given the obvious focus of the game on them at that point.
2) What is your takeaway from your result w/r/t alignments?

I wanted to go for a broader spectrum of information. I'd assume that if either CPig or PMom is scum, they'd be more careful with their choice of actions. By going for a less discussed target, I could find out information that might provide another angle to things.

I feel pretty comfortable that you're town, all in all. Between your posting, and you lack of activity, evidence seems to lean that way. Right now, that's all I feel confident in.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

A few things:

First, I do know that I haven't been as engaged with this game as I probably should be. I think a full re-read would give me the tools for proper scumhunting. But before I do that, I feel I should report on some of my tracking.

Second, I did manage to preload my track so there's not a gap this time.

Third, I'd like to see the result of my current tracking before I reveal the result of the one that finished tomorrow. If it looks like there's going to be a push in my direction before then, then I'll reveal. But I feel fairly comfortable that at least one person currently voting for me is scum, which means that being at -2 isn't as big of a risk as it might otherwise be.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Basically, I'm not sure if my results are being tampered with somehow. I'm hoping that the results of my current track will provide me enough context to be more confident in whether I should trust them or not.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

mythadile posted:

How many hours before deadline, will you have your result back?

Six hours before deadline

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

mythadile posted:

CPig still being alive

What?

mythadile posted:

the claim he was visiting Amni?

Right now, there is nothing to make me think that Byers was lying when he claimed he saw CPig visiting Amni.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Alright, I've gotten my latest set of results in. I ended up tracking Byers to see where he went, and I'd like to get him to confirm those.

But I will say my third set of results did not show Kumba going nowhere, but instead showed him visiting PMom, during a period that would include a night kill.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Byers2142 posted:

myth didn't go anywhere from noon Sunday until noon today. Site's running slow. My work sucks, and I'm having to post in a hurry.

Final two scum are among Meinberg, Somber, and Murmur Twin. I think it's Meinberg and Somber. I'd be happy to lynch both of them today, back to back.

Asiina, I can't get my PMs to load because of the site issues so I'm opening posting my track. Please have me track Morn from 2 PM today (right now) until 1:59 PM Thursday, tia.

Actually, just saw this post. I can confirm that he is telling the truth about who he is visiting in these cases. I can't say for sure whether or not he was actually visiting them, though.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Byers2142 posted:

You mean actually tracking, yeah? Unless I'm a rolecop and they're vanilla, that's pretty easy to clear. Kumba's already confirmed I was accurate; myth, am I right that you didn't move while I was tracking you?

Yeah, that's what I mean.

I can only assume that Kumba was lying when he confirmed his movement, and that your track had been diverted somehow.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Byers2142 posted:

What? Kumba said he didn't move.

Sorry for not making that clear. I mean that he was lying when he said that he didn't move, and the result of your tracking was tampered with somehow. That is, of course, assuming that you're not lying about the result of your action deliberately.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Byers2142 posted:

When was this? The exact time of the track.

From 4pm on the 20th until 4pm on the 22nd.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

##vote Kumba

I had considered that maybe my track was misled somehow, but the accuracy in all other circumstances has led me to believe that it has been accurate. Plus, Kumba's interaction with the flipped players has been fairly scummy.

In the beginning, Kumba is very pro-CPig, and is willing to put pressure on PMom over CPig, on account of the Pig being the Pig.

Kumbamontu posted:

I think that pig post is alignment neutral.

Kumbamontu posted:

You have to consider who the poster is. It's pig.

Kumbamontu posted:

Can you explain why CPig being wrong about that makes him scum because that seems like an unreasonably stupid scum gambit to make

Kumbamontu posted:

I'm saying what if they're both actually self-watchers, and the scum have an ability which allows them to force someone to visit someone else regardless of what their power is.

It's largely a tinfoil hat conspiracy theory, hence the :tinfoil:

To me though, the only way CPig is scummier out of this debacle is if he or one of the other scum is a Rolecop who investigated PMom as a self-watcher, and decided to claim it before he could, because what are the odds on CPig fakeclaiming self-watcher whilst simultaneously saying a self-watcher visited him? That seems so outlandish as to be impossible without a rolecop result. I don't know why they would do this though, as if they already knew PMom is a self-watcher, they'd know he's going to get a result on one of them and it puts their claim under heavy scrutiny. It would have been much more sensible to just stay quiet.

Kumbamontu posted:

I think PMom's is scummier, as he first claimed that he had no role, and is now claiming he has a role that doesn't have the ability to target anyone (which is conveniently the same role as the initial claim). After all that, he is now "not indulging the rolefisher" after having already claimed.

##vote pmom

The thing I can't get past is why CPig would automatically assume, if he's telling the truth, that anyone visiting him is scum. He needlessly outed himself for a total crapshoot, but that may just be Pig being Pig. It's hard to tell.

When it becomes clear that CPig is not in fact a self-watcher, he becomes willing to vote CPig with this post here, during which he also attempts to excuse his defense of CPig, but it just doesn't feel right.

Kumbamontu posted:

I will vote CPig. I still don't understand why he would have claimed the ability of someone he rolecopped if that scenario is true, but CPig has done crazier things before.

Here he is supporting TheRam, perhaps in an attempt to build up some town cred after being defensive of CPig?

Kumbamontu posted:

We should have lynched Amnistar and I am sad TheRam is dead. I apologize for not being here, however my interview this afternoon was like a mental marathon.

Finally, he has a well developed case on Hiip, due to Hiip's own play being easily interpreted as scummy, allowing Kumba to engage in something resembling scumhunting, which I believe he invested in as an attempt to seem a productive member of town, while also putting additional pressure onto someone he knows is town.

Kumbamontu posted:

I've come to basically the same conclusion re: Hiip at least, I haven't looked at Meinberg in any detail. Given what he's said are his scumpicks in the doc, let's look at his interactions with those folks

^ Hiip's only post about Amni. He actually has a soft town read here. What happened?

^ Hiip's only posts about Meinberg (first is actually quoting Somber indicating we should lynch lurkers, one of which is Meinberg). Nothing alignment-related in the slightest. He has not commented on Somber a single time. His reads seem made up.

Kumbamontu posted:

these posts come in after he got his result on PMom but before he actually votes CPig

##vote hiip

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

The intersection of Pig's claim and PMom's role is the most ridiculous coincidence, and I blame it for the defeat of the scum.

Also, my poor contribution to the game. It's been a while since I've been scum!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Pinterest Mom posted:

Cpig claimed a fake self-watcher result on a townie. The intersection of the claims isn't what sunk Cpig's claim, claiming a fake result on someone who knows you're lying is what sunk Cpig's claim.

That too. So yes, completely Pig's fault and not at all mine, nope not mine one bit.

• Locked thread