Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

right hi hello

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

oh no new people are going to watch me and byers go at it :(

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Byers2142 posted:

Already planning to go against me, Ernie? One of these days we're going to have a chill game between the two of us.

we did

you modded it

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

irony: the game is still waiting on the technology of e-mail

in the mean time let us all play a game of 5 man mafia

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Asiina posted:

Okay I have a 5 man setup ready.

Type ##waste of time to play.

this is why we need a queue, asiina already has another game up that she hasn't started

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

[b]##waste

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

sorry got lazy, will type the rest later

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Mornacale posted:

Whoa, thanks a ton. I e-mailed you, or you can read the following line of this post!

don't, byers

this is how all e-mail scam artists operate

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Byers2142 posted:

That's only like $5 American, I can do that. Anything for Uncle Menia'tawana!

colorblind, goon and now also apparently dealing with relatives trapped in financial war-zones in africa?

when will the world stop kicking you down, friend?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Somberbrero posted:

Yeah, just lunch one today. I've been scum in multiple LO games and in each one of those games we got the town to mislunch multiple times in a day for a win.

pro strats right here

##vote somberbrero

earnest vote!! i just don't see what this post actually contributes!!

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

hello

does theram think that his ability is so critical to town that he should claim it? i'm trying to figure why he thought it was significant to tell us that he gets his ability if he cuddles scum today. all of us want to do it regardless of ability.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

the importance of being Ernest trumps your trivial comedy for serious people

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

pack it up folks, i've made the best post ever

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

TheRam posted:

Amnistar, no not really. I don't really care if you are scum together you're both my strongest reads it doesn't really matter that much to me.

Also Ernie I just read my most recent game from literally years ago you were well cool then, I forgot we played together I like you. Also I saw you in the science thread where I occasionally beg people to help me be less awful. Maybe when you next post you can tell me what kind of scientist you are... and your alignment this game because I have no idea!

I still remember you from then, Ram and you've stayed cool. :3:

I wish I could help you when you post in the science thread but you're way out of my field. I do more skeletal muscle regeneration research! It's fun a bunch and I get to use so many methods it's ridiculous.

Also I am 100% town this game. I only have two goals: To be nice to Byers and to enjoy this game.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

I'd like to dunk two people today - Ram and Somber. I think dunking more people is better than dunking fewer.

There is no strategic advantage to dunking more than one person today. Equally as many words will be said about one player as will be said about two. Additionally, getting all the scum to push the same agenda is more than getting them all the chance to push multiple ones.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Kumbamontu posted:

i would vote somber, but i am already voting the best candidate.

why? you defended somber against my case, what changed?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Kumbamontu posted:

that wasn't a case, it was A Bad Post

clocks are wrong twice a day, etc

so what changed

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

so (kumba) you're effectively saying "i think somber is a valid scum. but i'm going to disagree with the person who had the first case on him" that doesn't sound logical to me

more than one person can think someone is scum for more than one reason

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

TheRam posted:

Byers
  • Takes the role of town content generator, asks people a lot of questions - many of which relate to other players, but don't involve any kind of accusation or read (i.e. they provide information, but are entirely non-committal)
  • Makes posts re: meta that are very flawed
  • Has a case on me, that is legitimate. I don't really see the gambit as viable, but whatever. Then proceeds to pick inanely at me, instead of really saying anything much about anyone.
  • Lets just reiterate, Byers is accusing me (who started and pushed cases on Amni, Byers) of over-relying on meta, which apparently a form of hiding. Please see how my play entirely contradict this.
  • Byers says a lot, without saying anything. This is the sign of a scum-aligned player! :siren:

I just woke up, there's a lot that's bad about Byers and I am just going to keep voting him and hoping my cases aren't too long to be read. Byers. Looks. Bad.

##vote Byers

why can't all these things be due to Byers' personality? do you think a scum player will consciously choose to fake their opinions about meta of all things to advance their longevity in-thread?

Somberbrero posted:

Ram you seem to equivocate wrong and scummy a lot of the time. I think it does you a disservice.

:hfive:

Somberbrero posted:

Still rereading but the second scum is either Ernie or Kumba. Or both but probably not both.

i take back my hi-five, this is the wrong way to play a lights-out game

you don't go full throttle right out of the gate

Byers2142 posted:

I've kinda liked Kumba's play this game. There' thought in what he's saying in his posts that feels genuine. Ernie just is this game.

sorry, the game's speed isn't hitting my sweet spot, when i'm around nothing is being said, when i'm not there are 80 new posts

Somberbrero posted:

Yeah, it's Ernie too. He's just kind of here and reinforcing the same opinions without showing any kind of interest or curiosity. Why bring up Ram's claim if you're not going to do anything about it?

when everyone's hot-headed, maybe i shouldn't add fuel to the fire. i'm not taking a backseat because i'm scum. all three of my last scum games i didn't take a back-seat, but was right up there with the town leaders arguing about the game. there's nothing to gain from cuddling too quickly and everything to lose.

CapitalistPig posted:

My deal is that I can watch who visits me in a 48 hour period, I activated it as soon as the game started.

Pmom is currently doing something to me.

and? how is that a scum thing?

TheRam posted:

whoaaaaaa PMom what are you doing to CPIg!!!

##vote Pmom

this post is making me super uncomfortable, its tone just reeks of 'i didn't know how to react to this news'

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

CapitalistPig posted:

because I wanted to know what pmom is doing to me, so I used a vote to put emphasis on that.

why? he could be a cop or doctor or roleblocker or bus driver or bodyguard or or or. why is your first instinct to vote? you could have just said 'hi, self-watcher here, if you're targeting me now claim why'

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

CapitalistPig posted:

Yeah Im also at work so it took me 20 minutes to be able to respond.

Have any of you even actually played this game with me before?

Since when do my disjointed thoughts make any coherent sense or timeline?

always, cpig. you can pretend otherwise for other purposes, though!

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

CapitalistPig posted:

Well I did not orignally intend on letting scum know I was a self watcher but errybody got all serious when I tried to do it softly so, yeah

cpig >:[

'hello town i have information that pmom is scum'

you think
1) people aren't going to ask what the information is
2) on the chance that you are wrong this isn't going to blow-back on you?

you know what 1 and 2 are enough

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

CapitalistPig posted:

you are all idiot faces.

I just wanna know what pmom is doing to me :mad:

that's exactly not what you said in your immediate post preceding this one

CapitalistPig posted:

Well I did not orignally intend on letting scum know I was a self watcher but errybody got all serious when I tried to do it softly so, yeah

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Somberbrero posted:

##vote cpig doubling-down on your dumb lie was not the right reaction.

i know what i said earlier but i bet a dollar i could win this game day one if i got to pick three lunches.

i'll take that bet if you continue to think both kumba and i are scum

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Somberbrero posted:

naw it's not Kumba, it's pig and ernie andddd

hm

probably a lurker like Exakt or Hip. Could be Pin but I don't see his current interaction with Pig as anything other than genuine.

i'm glad i haven't moved my vote off you

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

TheRam posted:

Why is everyone ignoring the fact that I might be able to alignment check an unflipped player? I'm willing to bet my life on it if it's true!

i've read this sentence four times and i still can't parse it

can you rephrase?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

cop amnistar or hiipfire

they're quiet

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

TheRam posted:

check the alignment of a player who has been lynched but has not yet flipped

oh cool, i misunderstood a second time :D

Somberbrero posted:

oh hahaha it only works on lunched but unflipped players

yeah this is a lie to trick us into doing whatever activates your powers

##vote theram

the power must exist in a lights-out game, though

just like in flipless games there's always one role who can tell what the flips are

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Somberbrero posted:

why is just coming up now? why does it work exactly in a way conducive to Ram achieving his power status?

the motivation for it is self-serving not scum-serving. even if he were to be lying about this, the lie is poorly imagined and he puts himself in a position where many things must be true over the next few hours for it not to backfire (e.g. if he were scum and said someone will flip town but they flip 3P)

i mean, he put himself in a position right now where we can say 'If no one claims to be the inventor who gave TheRam the ability, TheRam is scum'

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Kumbamontu posted:

I would have given it to TheRam, but alas, it was not I.

it was probably amnistar, considering very few players on the list 'know' theram

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

TheRam posted:

Unless the person who gave me the ability is 3P, or scum. If that's the case I don't even loving know.

yes that is right, but then that player is screwing themselves over when it comes time to mass-claim

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

hahaha

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

i don't think "cpig is a rational actor" is a useful assumption to make

i don't think you're telling the truth about your role

for one instead of saying 'cpig outed two power roles' your argument would have been 'cpig trying to draw power roles to claim' would have been more internally consistent

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Hello I don't know how this game.is going because everyone is making mega posts and I'm on a phone. Pmom is town. If anyone here trusts my reads of people, trust that one. Also somber is likely scum as is amnistar.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

mornacale's latest posts are all scum motivated. they're trying to be controlling of the conversation but their posts come up hollow and devoid of significant stake in game outcome. their suspicion of theram reads put on and their summary of player actions reads more like someone who wants to say something without saying too much.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

this game is amazing with all the content and the LIES LIES LIES

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

so let me get this straight, TheRam, you agree that you lied about your role name/flavor/whatever, but Byers is scum for calling you out on your contradiction? when someone catches something like that in my posts I generally go 'scum wouldn't notice that. townie imo'

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

You don't think scum would comb townie posts for contradictions (apparent or real)????

that's, like, the number 1 easiest thing for scum to do. catching someone in a contradiction is a case-in-a-box, it takes a lot less effort than making an actual fake case.

no, scum usually avoid 'sure things' because it involves a tonal shift. we can argue about the intricacies of my opinion later, but suffice to say 'only scum would case me based on my lie' is not a reasonable case, regardless of what you believe about what scum do or don't.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

TheRam posted:

I didn't lie about my role name, everything I bolded was exactly as in my PM but at the time of writing my claim post I didn't know if I would get any mod penalties for saying exactly what it says so I just paraphrased. I changed day to 24 hour period because I'm a human being god drat it!

so your ability name isn't town executioner then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

Right, I don't think it's relevant to the Byers/Ram interaction, but I don't know why Ernie expressed that opinion - it's not remotely true.

scum are afraid of being the odd duck out. on such apparent scum-slips, scum generally go 'yeah it's weird that ram would lie about his role like that' rather than 'LET'S LUNCH THE LIAR' because (1) our community meta is that lunching liars is a bad idea and (2) they're afraid of being too pushy and their being caught based on how much they want the person dead and (3) they already have a game-plan for the day and have set in stone who they're going after, and changing direction for them is in a very self-conscious way telling of their alignment

there's a reason our community generally agrees that 'most scum-slips aren't' rather than 'most scum-slip case pushers are scum' and it's specifically because when someone slips up in this way no one pushes the case, not even scum.

• Locked thread