Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mythadile
Jun 19, 2005
I'll play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mythadile
Jun 19, 2005

Mornacale posted:

Hey, so, being as I've never played Lights Out before, is there any accepted wisdom about how it changes strategy? Intuitively, it seems best to still only lynch once on at least the first "day" since any lynches before the first flip are basically just shots in the dark (barring power role business of course).

What a seemingly helpful but lengthy post whose content should be self explanatory.

CapitalistPig posted:

Rolllllling starrrrrrrrrrrttttt

Who is this hiip character?

Maximum Trek tie-ins.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71meib_q0MY

mythadile
Jun 19, 2005

Ernie. posted:

pro strats right here

##vote somberbrero

earnest vote!! i just don't see what this post actually contributes!!

Tend to agree, I want to hear what the strat is to get us to lynch each other.

##vote somberbrero

mythadile
Jun 19, 2005

TheRam posted:

D1 is the absolute worst day for that gambit, the chance of getting lynched before endgame is soooo loving high, think of all the days of investigations from unknown power roles that could come off of that day 1. Is your vision really so narrow that you can't see how even if I played that gambit as scum I'd still be caught out incredibly easy by becoming the focus of power roles N1, N2, N3?

Really?

Really?

I've been AWOL for 24 hours and am trying to catch up. Of all the posting you have been doing this seems like the weakest defense of your role claim. I don't like that we are relying on unknown powers to reveal how you are town. I also don't like how then it possibly commits those powers to you in any case just out of principle/curiosity.

I also am not convinced that the supposed lynching of 2 on day 1 gives you amazing powers and its worth outing yourself in any case. What are the odds that we lynch scum day 1, and then what are the odds that it would be 2? Does the benefit of trying to ensure that justify your actions?

This is predicated on the fact that I think a multi-lynch as a general strategy doesn't seem worthwhile or beneficial to town.

The strangest thing about it is that the few posts at game start were about multi-day lynching and then you reveal in your first post how we should basically commit to that strategy with a role reveal.

Much coincidental.

mythadile
Jun 19, 2005
Ok just some general thoughts before I dig into this more.

I don't think waiting to cast a vote until 24 hours remaining this early is in the towns interest. (If I am understanding the sentiment correctly, although it is a moot point now) Are we really worried about a lynch train at this point?
I would hope we will wait until roughly the end of the game day before lynching within reason.

Having said that I don't find that these points really contribute much of value to the discussion as they should be self-evident and in the towns best interest. So I am leery of people who post or continue to bring up these things.

On a different track I am not as nuanced with all the variations and different roles so if people could not use acronyms that would be great. For example I was just reading something about a BP and 3P and have no idea what either of those mean. My mafia experience comes from the first few games held in GBS and this subforum many moons ago.

mythadile fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Mar 17, 2015

mythadile
Jun 19, 2005
And I just edited my post to include the word day after game and then realized I probably violated a rule.

Ugh discipline/kill/replace me Mod.

mythadile
Jun 19, 2005

Amnistar posted:

Hey Exakt, what do you think of today? It's been a pretty wordy 24 hours.

##vote exakt

I like this vote for the reason you stated but its also one of the "safest" votes to make.

Waiting on more Exakt...

mythadile
Jun 19, 2005

Meinberg posted:

##vote TheRam

Was it the metaphysics, the poetry, or the combo deal that got your vote?

mythadile
Jun 19, 2005

Mornacale posted:

Yo Somber, care to offer a little more detail on the bolded?

In the meantime, I'm going to ##unvote. I still really dislike Ram's claim, but his posting since getting called out has felt genuine to me. Hard for me to tell if he's town who made a stupid play or scum who realized he needed to clean up his act.

Meanwhile, I see pressure building on Somber for what seem mainly to be meta reads, but I've re-read his posting and find myself pretty much in agreement with what he's said so far. A little unnerved by making a big deal of his issues with TheRam without actually applying any pressure; it seems like an interesting way for scumbuds to try to keep from being connected to each other, without having to actually build momentum toward a dunk. But really overall I find him persuasive, so I wish the folks voting for him could somehow communicate why. If not, I'm just going to be extra suspicious of my intuition, which means I need to re-read this thread with fresh eyes tomorrow.

So a couple points here you un-vote Ram after putting heat on him and then find issue with Somber for calling his actions into question up to this point. Your argument about scum-budding is interchangeable between both how you and Somber have gone after Ram, just that Somber never cast a vote on Ram. Further, I do not really like how you said that Ram felt genuine and then added the caveat that you don't know if it is stupid or scum play. You are kind of leaving the door open that you feel he is genuine scum... no? Maybe you just need to rephrase that.

I would be very interested as to what exactly in Sombers posting history up to this point leans you towards him being persuasive. If you take the meta posting out, there is almost nothing of substance. I would like to see the pronoun thing that you highlighted be explained, and I am a little bit curious why he never even made an attempt to add to the discussion about how he would go about as scum on Day 1 causing a multi-lynch. I think it could be valuable insight and he was the one that brought it up. Adding on that I don't know what "pressure" you are necessarily referring to as the same two votes have just been sitting there since they were initially cast and no one is really making a case against him up until now.

mythadile
Jun 19, 2005
Death to lurkers etc.

Going to crash for a few hours, looking forward to reading many posts when I wake up.

mythadile
Jun 19, 2005
Things I don't like right now without getting to specific and quoting who knows how many people.

The super convenient cop boon thing on the ram that develops coincidentally right after the claim/counter-claim completely muddying the waters. Incidentally I don't like your explanation for why someone would have chosen to give you the power, but the more I think about it I am sort of glad you didn't come out with the exact reason they would/could/should have right off the bat. Seems slightly more genuine and less fabricated possibly.

Lurkers.

Lurkers who post saying their leaving and then don't actually.

Not happy with how convenient the 48 hour thing is working out for the watchers. In PMom's case it just happens to conveniently not tell us anything till the next game day.

With Morn that CPig can potentially be verified by use of someone elses power but not sold on whether that info trade is remotely close to worth it.

mythadile
Jun 19, 2005
I am kind of Ok with the way PMom handled her refute of CPig and eventually the counter-claim. I feel like people jumping on that vote train are going after the slowest animal in the pack.

2 things stand out right now.

Pinterest Mom posted:

This is ridic. Self-watcher is a role to help find town power rules, not scum. There's zero reason to assume someone visiting you is scum if you're still alive to talk about it.

(As far as we know, the scum NK is instantaneous.)

I agree with this and no one has attempted to refute it that I can remember?

CapitalistPig posted:

ARRRGH gently caress I made a mistake ok?

Im half paying attention and I outed two power roles.

Do you still feel this way? What convinced you to then vote Pmom?

Meinberg posted:

capps is the wisest and most powerful of all Mafia players. However, he is unable to relate his thoughts in a way that is clear to anyone besides me, and appears to most as trollish gibberish/shitposting.

I don't want to vote Exakt until we have a bit more information in us. However, I will agree that looking over the PMom/CPig interactions, I'm more willing to vote PMom at the moment.

##vote Pmom

That being said this smacks of an opportune/borderline lazy/Scummy vote right here.

mythadile
Jun 19, 2005
CPig's posts are just generally making me uncomfortable.

CapitalistPig posted:

Why is this game so blah!

We skipped any semblance of a proper jokephase and I didnt get my shitposting in so I'm v upset.

ALSO

Pmom is scum, news at 11

##vote Pmom

This is arguably the first real game post. The news at 11 thing fits if he was visited.

CapitalistPig posted:

Look idiots, my way of putting pressure on people is calling them scum and voting for them. That has never been any different.

In a vacumn this makes perfect sense, but this comes after you had already outed your role and PMom for visiting you so the context seems meaningless. It should be self-evident why you are voting at that point for your stated reason.

That is why this doesn't really square with your actions. Byers seems to easily convince you of the following.

Byers2142 posted: posted:

- Town self-watcher CPig, town PMom, and scum playing games with either a disguiser, a busdriver, or a creative messenger makes the most sense to me.

CapitalistPig posted:

seems like the likeliest case

##unvote

Which leads to this.

CapitalistPig posted:

##vote pmom

Pmom and somber and meinberg scumteam

Then nothing of content since...

If you were ok with the unvote and you said it was a bad play overall what has you back and what specifically are you liking about Meinberg?

mythadile
Jun 19, 2005

EXAKT Science posted:

Who is the scum tho?

No idea but I am liking that you want to talk about it.

You want to do a top 3 scum top 3 town list or something, I am game.

mythadile
Jun 19, 2005

Amnistar posted:

Alright so I'm going to just post what I'm thinking right now with regards to how I am placing this vote:

As PMOM suggested, I think it's probably true that the watcher debacle is going to cause problems and be a distraction until one or both of them are lynched.

I think PMOM is worse off than CPIG with regards to the claim, not because of the specifics of the claim, but because of how the claim was made and the actions taken prior to the claim.

However, I think theRam is the best Scum vote possible right now because of his position and his play recently. I am unsure if I want to vote PMOM right now because theRam is voting for PMOM.

I think the possibility of PMOM being scum and either theRam bussing or not being scum is my best choice and so I will ##vote PMOM

Ok I am going to take a crack at this. If PMom is your scum choice then you must know that the watcher debacle shouldn't be given much credence. What actions specifically prior to the claim have you point toward PMom rather than Cpig?

If this is true " I think theRam is the best Scum vote possible right now because of his position and his play recently. " why do we end up here on the next sentence? "I think the possibility of PMOM being scum and either theRam bussing or not being scum is my best choice "

mythadile
Jun 19, 2005

CapitalistPig posted:

Because Pmom counterclaimed me as self watcher after I unvoted?
Are you paying attention to this game?

Fair point, I was trying to parse around 8 pages catching up. That is why I asked.

CapitalistPig posted:

I've already answered this, this is meinberg's scum game.

I don't know what this means.

mythadile
Jun 19, 2005

Pinterest Mom posted:

I'm not trying anything. I'm reasonably certain Asiina was asleep.

This is terrible.

mythadile
Jun 19, 2005

Pinterest Mom posted:

Can you explain why a self-watcher's reaction to being visited would be "the player visiting me must be scum"?

Can you explain why your vote just switched to Ram off of CPig? Nothing changed this page in regards to Ram other than he picked up two votes.

You aren't making a very vociferous defense of your role or an attack on CPig considering he first claimed the exact same role as you , other than the rather large technicality that you won't be able to tell us anything until tomorrow.

mythadile
Jun 19, 2005
Kind of a lull here, might need to turn up the heat and see what turns out.

The same people are posting that have been posting and the same people continue to not really do much. I think the Cpig/PMom split is worth a lynch one way or the other. I re-read Ram and am slightly less weirded out. Kind of want to see if someone will hammer if I move my vote.

Morn, was your take of Ram (who I believe is sleeping?) that he needs to be around 30 minutes after a lynch to do his new found cop thing?

##unvote
##Vote Pinterest Mom

mythadile
Jun 19, 2005

TheRam posted:

I think I'd rather let cpig pmom get results, I feel much happier with amni being an actual scum now. ##vote amni

Ability is one shot. Getting paranoid about mornacle.

In bed on phone, whoever said my italicised post = scum is a dumbshit

I'm potentially verifiable to a greater extent than most people here, lynching me today is just lazy and dumb.

My bodycop power doesn't expire btw

I've read this post a few times and I can't figure out why it is happening in the current timeline of the game.

Other than the fact PMom was one away from lynch obviously.

What ability is one shot?

The bodycop power you have been granted by an inventor never goes away and this is the one that has to take place 30 minutes after a lynch and before the flip?

Amni is a stronger scum case then everything you have said about PMom previously? You also think any really suspect watcher reveal tomorrow outweighs the claim/counter-claim dynamic that we have right now?

mythadile
Jun 19, 2005

HiipFire posted:

look I would love to say what I said before but with like 20x more words but im not into all that fake content poo poo

fake content aka the actual substance of the game.

Moving on,

I could be persuaded to multi-lynch all the lurkers and turn The Ram into the Beast Cop.

mythadile
Jun 19, 2005

Mornacale posted:

Oh, there's myth. myth, do you believe Ram's various claims? Why or why not? Who do you think is scummy?

Reporting live from my gut.

Morn - early scummy read, enjoy reading your posts so I am emotionally torn

Exact - needs replaced ASAP

TheRam - Don't believe any of it, multi-lynch before flips is terrible, cop thing doubles down on the awfulness. Not convinced he needs to be lynched yet.

PMom - Results of any watching if survives through the night is too easily fabricated, reported negative, or used to advantage of the scum mind to completely muddy day 2.

Hiip - persistence about not lynching lurkers as only substantive game content is really bizarre. I'd have to be role fishing if I tried to guess why that is.

Byers - Claim seems genuine

Kumba - dislike how many times Ram refers to him as supportive of his Amni case, started off somewhat strong and has been absent almost completely.

Amni - little spastic? I guess would be the word at this point.

Somber - went dark and has stayed dark

Claims/Counter-Claims generally - I think we should attempt to resolve one of them day 1. I don't like anything about the way CPig has played his call out or anything since. PMom could just be smart scum play, has gone relatively quiet and only responds to easy questions at this point. (Still favoring this lynch)

Strange that we've had 2 players at -1 I believe Ram and PMom and yet nothing.

Liked Ram/Pmom/Meinberg scum team, Meinberg's claim doesn't really swing him favorably.

I have like 9 pages to really catch up on. Need to read Ernie, Byers, Meinberg before deadline.

mythadile
Jun 19, 2005

Pinterest Mom posted:

You're the second player to mention a Ram/me scumteam and idgi.

You were a -1 weren't you? It seemed like you just resigned yourself to your fate. I feel like your actions weren't consistent with the fact that CPig claimed your role and fingered you. It was only after sitting there for a while (about 5 hours) that Ram unvotes and begins the next round of shenanigans. You have done basically nothing to stir the pot since then, jumping on a safe Ram bus and only bringing up Cpig when your called on it.

He had no real reason for unvoting and then targeting Amni, especially after how strongly he argued his case to lynch you. This also brings into the fact he has been arguing for a multi-day lynch but then casts votes inconsistent with making that become reality.

mythadile
Jun 19, 2005
So PMom or Ram with roughly 3+ hours to go

mythadile
Jun 19, 2005

Byers2142 posted:

I don't see PMom as scum. At all. The best case I've seen for PMom is "it's gotta be one of CPIg or PMom, and PMom seems worse," which is false logic at its finest.

See the thing is early on I actually agreed with this. I think PMom did well bringing up the fact that CPig outing and role reveal was non-sensical. It's the actions and vote pattern since that make me wonder most of all.

CPig has clearly not been of any assistance, the only thing he has going for him is a self-admitted stupid play and the benefit of the doubt that we think it wasn't a "smart" scum play apparently.

Running theory is Ram is seeing what sticks, they notice the lynch trend idled on PMom, Byers claims, now Meinberg counter-claims in a similar vein as CPig/PMom and both Ram and Meinberg no longer have votes on PMom.

mythadile
Jun 19, 2005

Byers2142 posted:

But your vote on PMom, you said that you felt that the CPig/PMom thing warranted a vote, didn't you? You're voting PMom because you feel one of them needs to be voted, and PMom's posting after the fact tips the scales, meaning it's still driven by the idea that one of CPig/PMom needs to be lynched.

Your point I assume is that we are relying on whether this game has multi-roles that are similar in order to cast doubt on everyone? So the next logical step is which is the easier/best vote Ram for making up a role or believing that the possibility exists between lets say Byers,Meinberg, PMom, Cpig are all telling the truth.

I think that a lynch delivering actual intel into the possibility that its all a fabrication is potentially more valuable then a ram lynch especially if it is as he would have you believe that he is just a wild and crazy townie that will do whatever it takes to lead the lynches. Which is probably a topic for a whole nother thread.

Having said all that, the unvotes when the lynch stalemated and just constant flailing has me coming back to analyzing the votes at about 12-18 hours ago or so. Maybe someone else can do a better job of looking at that before deadline and glean some info. I am trying to write a paper on Mario Vargas Llosa and keep getting distracted.

mythadile
Jun 19, 2005
CPig thoughts on switching vote to Ram off of PMom at this point?

We are were we are because of your words and actions.

mythadile
Jun 19, 2005
At some point we have to talk about Ernie saying he is unlynchable, PMom is town, defending Ram, and they Byers blockable thing. I don't have time to go find all the quotes right now.

mythadile
Jun 19, 2005
FWIW it's worth Ram I can't reasonably explain your continued focus on Amni and your reliance on Kumba to back you up. (who is lurker status at this point)

Unless of course you have some other power role and this is just a really obvious way of fingering AMNI after your death. RIP.

mythadile
Jun 19, 2005

TheRam posted:

FWIW Amnistar is probably scum, numbnuts.

You've all lost like half a day of ramram scumhunting magic because you're all stupid.

Ok lets be serious.

Why don't we lynch both.

mythadile
Jun 19, 2005

Pinterest Mom posted:

Your corpsecop will be right!

If you are scum, you know the alignment and claimed role of the dead person.
If you are town and have a corpsecop, you know the alignment and role of the dead person.

If you give us the alignment and role of the dead person and it's right, we can't deduce anything.
And you will not give us the wrong alignment because you're either scum and have the information you need or town with the power you claim.

All this logic applies to Ram wanting you to live till tomorrow to see who you "watched"

The fact that he used this fallacy (if you are scum) to unvote you and spin back to Amni rings hollow.

mythadile
Jun 19, 2005
Weezing the juice

##unvote
##Vote TheRam

mythadile
Jun 19, 2005

Pinterest Mom posted:

if we could still kill cpig tonight that'd be swell :sun:

Good news, there is no night phase.

mythadile
Jun 19, 2005

Mornacale posted:

Posts like that one make me want to put Ram as a jester but I refuse to attempt to play around that possibility.

Good call, game based around time. He did almost everything possible to be lynched. Prepare for Ram time travel. He will rise like dis-temperate slightly unbalanced phoenix, but will rise nonetheless.

mythadile
Jun 19, 2005

Mornacale posted:

but P.S. EXAKTscience loving post itt you jerkus

If nothing else to confirm the masonry. Our lurker status should be elevated from heightened to imminent.

mythadile
Jun 19, 2005
##Vote No Lynch

mythadile
Jun 19, 2005
RIP Ernie.

## Vote CapitalistPig

mythadile
Jun 19, 2005
CPig and Byers both fake claimed based off of Ernie protecting PMom.

mythadile
Jun 19, 2005
I incidentally can't square this with Meinberg seeing Ernie visit Byers and his subsequent suspicion of Byers. For that to happen Ernie would have to be protecting Byers no?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mythadile
Jun 19, 2005

Pinterest Mom posted:

What do you mean?

I mean they took an action that didn't work on you.

Decided to pre-empt any negative consequences or info with then Cpig saying you were visiting him and then what followed.

Ernie. posted:

Hello I don't know how this game.is going because everyone is making mega posts and I'm on a phone. Pmom is town. If anyone here trusts my reads of people, trust that one. Also somber is likely scum as is amnistar.

This was after the Cpig incident.

• Locked thread