Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007

Not Operator posted:

Dd anyone play Root Double? I saw it for £15 yesterday when I was buying Yakuza 0 and wondered if I should pick it up.

If someone tells me its at least average, or that the protagonist isn't a complete dummy, I'll get it.

I don't think Root Double is out on Vita yet, so I'm guessing you saw Root Letter, which seems less popular. (Or is Root Double out and I'm just a dummy?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
For anyone who's been googling "root double vita news" for the last year or so: the Vita version of Root Double is coming out next month, March 8th.

Edit: Only in NA, apparently. :doh:

Ripley fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Feb 8, 2018

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007

Nate RFB posted:

I got maybe 35 or so by the time I got to the end and at least this walkthrough had a lot of Bad Ends I simply could not get, if only because I assume they are reliant on doing exactly what they need to have done at the top of the hour for every character so I'd have to start at the beginning of a lot of hour blocks. Even getting that missing ~15 or so to get the white bookmark was a hassle, let alone 45 more.

I used this wiki with the power of Google Translate for bad ends and it was pretty quick and easy, definitely didn't have to start any hours over. I was already up to 50-ish by the time I finished the main plot, though.

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007

Nate RFB posted:

Again though, what does getting them actually unlock? It seemed pretty superfluous, and even if getting each one was easy there's no way to fastforward through text in this game.

Nothing exciting, I think getting all the bad ends just gives you the Golden Bookmark which unlocks a couple of tiny goofy things. If you're not enjoying unlocking the endings just to see some of the ridiculous poo poo that happens, it's not worth it.

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007

Dessel posted:

I on the other hand have started chapter 7 of Chaos;Child and (edit: hah I wrote Chaos;Head originally) I'm finding the VN a chore.

Yeah, I thought the first half was hard to get through, but once things finally kick off it might win you over. Pretty sure I went from Chapter 8 to the ending in one long day, after spending ages getting through the earlier chapters.

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
I can't quite believe it, but Sekai Project just sent out backer codes for the European Vita edition of Root Double, three and a quarter years after the 'estimated delivery' date.

Genuinely never thought I'd see the day.

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

Wait does this mean it's getting an EU release at last?

I assume so - they haven't said anything official that I can find. It sounds like half the backer keys aren't even working for people in different parts of Europe, so :shrug:

https://twitter.com/SekaiGames_/status/1274043081726267395

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007

theblackw0lf posted:

So what’s another VN that people can recommend that has really great characters and chemistry, with a lot of heart and humor? It can be any genre.

Seconding 428: Shibuya Scramble, the cast is strong and it managed to make me laugh out loud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
Any chance you could spoiler your posts please? Thread is becoming a bit of a minefield for anyone who might want to read the VN in future.