Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I would find the actual drink making less tedious if I could just click the ingredients instead of dragging them.

Agreed, but there are actually shortcut keys. QWERT are assigned to each ingredient from left to right. Would still be nice to just be able to use the mouse. Also, the game never tells you about them, and has no control bindings or listings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

I should really get around to reading Unlimited sometime, but Extra was really starting to drag after finishing a couple routes(Tama and Kei's).

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

Well, I finished reading The House in Fata Morgana. It was extremely good--probably my favorite VN now. The music and art were both excellent throughout, and it had plenty of well written and translated plot and characters to go around.

(Endgame spoilers)It's very impressive coming off as the worse guy next to the actual psychopathic murderer, but way to go Jacopo, you really shot for the moon and made it. The style change in the final chapter was also a cool shift to keep things fresh.

E:Basically what I'm saying is that Jacopo is the worst tsundere ever.

Sacrificial Toast fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Jan 17, 2017

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

I enjoyed Root A a fair bit, but I got pretty bored trying to get through Root B.

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

The House in Fata Morgana is 25% off again. It's very, very good, and has an amazing soundtrack. You might be surprised at the amount of depth there is to nearly all the characters.

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

NRVNQSR posted:

Played through the demo of Fatal Twelve just to check whether it's worth pledging for a physical Kickstarter copy before it ends.

It's... I dunno? The ideas seem solid if a little overused, and I'm typically a fan of "Future Diary"-style suspense stories, but the implementation and actual writing feel just a little ham-fisted. I never played Sound of Drop, but from impressions I've read it seems like that was the same.

Anyone else have opinions on it?

I enjoyed Sound of Drop well enough as a "find all the silly death scenes" kind of game. The story wasn't anything particularly special.

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Yeah I think the biggest factor is there's a reasonable chance you'd get bored and give up if you played B first. Although for anyone who's played route B first I'd want to know their reaction to the post-credits sequence, which is telegraphed if you've already played Route A but entirely out of left field if you haven't.

Well, I did Route A first, and then got bored and gave up during Route B anyway. None of the characters are likeable and barely anything happens for hours on end.

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

MegaZeroX posted:

The House in Fata Morgana received its first negative Steam review today. The reviewer complains because

and

It's actually in Portuguese

RIP perfect review score

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

"I'm your trusty friend!" :eyepop:

The pitch at least (since no gameplay shown) looks rad as gently caress.

There's also a website with no real information, but it does have this sweet music track.

E: Derp, was already mentioned and I just missed it.

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

Irony Be My Shield posted:

The end of the video says AND ALL YOU CAN DO IS WATCH so it may not actually have gameplay.

Perhaps by T-RPG Inspired, they meant Ogre Battle.

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

Myriad Truths posted:

Finished Fata Morgana, for the most part. Very good VN. I thought for the most part it did a good job of handling some difficult subjects. Though, it bugs me that the epilogue is trying to hook up Mell and Nellie. That's not at all where their relationship was going in Morgana's door!

Still good though. I was particularly fond of Morgana, but the cast was overall great. I think the OST was also good, though I confess that I accidentally played through a pretty significant section of the game with BGM turned off and didn't notice. I think I'm going to chalk that one up to the writing being gripping. The art was... pretty bad, but then I don't know if I can complain about art quality with Higurashi and Umineko in my top VNs.

One question. Apparently there's an achievement for reading through the game twice. Has anyone done that and is there some bonus epilogue or something that would make that worth it?

There's a bit of extra text in the bits between the first 4 doors, basically giving Michel some dialogue before he realizes his identity. For the achievement, if you read up to the end of the 4th door, and then load a save at the end of the game, that'll count.

E:Also, there's nothing new actually inside the doors, so you can skip through that if you want.

Sacrificial Toast fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Nov 25, 2017

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

Sea Sponge Run posted:

Oh. I didn't really expect Fata Morgana to go this way (and it turns out I was earlier than i thought I was)

edit: oh no

This seems like a really good summation of Fata Morgana to me.

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

Alder posted:

Im sad FM doesn't have VA. I can't get past the 1st door despite positive reviews from friends.

I think VA would clash with the soundtrack pretty hard myself.

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

IMHHW was decently enjoyable for me until you get to the routes where the translation takes a complete nosedive into nigh gibberish.

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

I just got the House in Fata Morgana artbook for Christmas. It's super pretty, high quality, and I haven't seen almost all of this art before.

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

Well, today was when various family members could be here, so we had our festivities now.

As for the contents, there's a decent bit of everyone with a larger focus on Michelle, Giselle, and Morgana, and a few very cute shots from after the epilogue. It's mostly full color CG works, only a couple pages look like sketches or concept art. It's available on Mangagamer's website for $50 + tax and shipping. I don't know if I should link their website, since a lot of the content there is definitely not all ages.

E: If you meant information-wise, the only text in the book is an index page that isn't translated.

Sacrificial Toast fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Dec 24, 2017

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I notice there's an art book for sale on the publishers(?) site, has anyone seen it and is it any good? Are any of the extras/other endings worth going back to see? I noticed something called "go backstage" so I'll at least try that.

I bought the artbook. It's a very high quality production with lots of really nice pictures in it, most of which I hadn't seen before. It's mostly full CG works, only a few pages are sketches. No text, except an untranslated index page. Everyone gets some pictures, with a larger focus on Morgana, Michelle and Giselle. I'm not disappointed with it.

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

"33% translated"

Yeah, I dunno man.

On the other hand.

https://twitter.com/MangaGamer/status/967167775759392775

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

I enjoyed the A route quite a bit, but stalled out horribly in the B route and never finished it.

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

POLICE CAR AUCTION posted:

Hell yeah, a Fata Morgana companion VN with a bargain price? Haven't finished the original but I loving love what I've read and think I'm near the end, thoughts so far? Also is the soundtrack as rad as the first?

Hell, $13.50 is a bit less than I spent on dinner so I'll probably just buy it anyway

Well, the main episode is a significantly more detailed retread of a part already covered in the first game, and there are several other side chapters. I haven't touched those yet, but I'm enjoying the main episode so far. The music is definitely still great.

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

MegaZeroX posted:

Does anyone know anything about WILL: A Wonderful World? It looks interesting.

I was actually looking for the trailer of that the other day without remembering the name. I thought it was a Sekai Project translation, which explains why I couldn't find it. I'm curious about it as well.

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

I installed the ps3 sprite/voice patch for Umineko, and now I have to listen to Eva talk. Why would you do this to me?

E: OK, she's not being obnoxiously snide with every single line anymore, so that's slightly better.

Sacrificial Toast fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Jul 11, 2018

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

I recall using the skip function through the whole demo to see the extra bit at the end, so I'm not sure why it wouldn't be working. Is there an option for "Skip unread text" maybe?

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

I'm not sure you'd really consider it a visual novel since, well, it doesn't really have much for visuals, but I've really enjoyed this game Open Sorcery that I picked up for $1.19 on the steam sale.

It's a text/decision based game about an "elemental firewall", a fire elemental bound by C++ code to defend several locations from spiritual threats. By your decisions, you can awaken as a sentient being, bond with the people you're trying to defend, or turn against them. The setting is pretty unique, and I enjoyed it a lot, and there's quite a bit of variance depending on how you decide to do things. It took me about 2 hours to get through once, and 6-8 hours to see everything. There's also a new Christmas themed DLC that just came out, which seems almost as substantial as the main game and I ended up purchasing it right after I finished the regular game.

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

Clannad, the anime is honestly probably better than the VN.

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

Colorspray posted:

Holy poo poo some madman modded Umineko into a Steamed Hams meme. and its perfect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddJHCUmIC8M

Spoilers of the Umineko experience, I guess? The ????? Tea Party not in the video (but in the game hosted in the description) has character spoilers though.

This is beautiful.

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

Ryuga Death posted:

I feel like a fool for wanting to buy the really expensive collector's edition despite already owning both novels and their soundtracks on steam. :smith:

I bought the art book a while back. It's very pretty.

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

I got one of the standard Vita copies. Probably would have gone for the CE if I didn't already have the artbook. The physical OST did look nice.

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

Is there any way to digitally buy the Reincarnation soundtrack separately?

Yup.

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

astr0man posted:

I really need to get around to reading chapter 6 :v:

Speaking of which, I've been completely stalled out at the start of Umineko Ch. 5. I took a break after reading Ch. 4 last summer while waiting for Answers to go on sale, and after I finally got it, I just haven't been able to push through the introductory sections.

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

bagrada posted:

Has this team done anything else besides the two FM "dlcs"?

They've announced a new game, but there's very little info on it so far. It's supposed to be translated by Sekai Project when it comes out.

http://novect.net/narkarma/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIWHNbscIwE

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

Makatka posted:

You mean the DLC or what?

Requiem for Innnocence, yeah.

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

428 is good, also The House in Fata Morgana since you didn't mention it. My favorite VN by far, and another thread favorite next to Umineko.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

Anyone read Key's Summer Pockets? I read Little Busters last year and enjoyed it a fair bit. Considering grabbing this one during the sale.