Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.
VNs are cool sometimes. I should finish Umineko but the game by this point (early in the final chapter) feels like it's way up its own rear end. I shouldn't have read the interviews with the creator I guess. I also recall hearing something vaguely like the ending is a mega-downer so after all this way I don't know if I can be bothered!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Getsuya posted:

I really, really liked Umineko so I can't really give an objective review of it, but I can at least tell you that that thing you spoilered is only true if you make the dumb choice by ignoring all the hints the last game beats you over the head with as to which choice you are supposed to make. Then again, if you are the kind of person who would naturally pick the wrong choice then I'm not sure the ending you get by picking the right one will appeal to you.

I'm not that dumb so it will probably be ok, I just wound up liking the unfolding story/struggle in the magic meta-universe more because it felt weird and different and I didn't see it coming, going into the series totally blind

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Nate RFB posted:

Yeah EP6 wasn't that hot, especially because it came off of the heels of EP5 which ended on an extremely high note. My favorite is probably EP7 which had a really clever presentation, lots of reveals, and maybe the best selection of new music.

Agreed on 5 and 7 being extremely cool and good. Will and Lion were really nice characters to boot. Ok i guess i'm gonna finish 8 this weekend, i hope i'm not too much of a retard and appreciate the ending and actually get it.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

gay skull posted:

Oh good, another thread for me to cry and have big lovey group hugs with all my pals who are also blueballed as poo poo by Virtue's Last Reward.

I kinda wish Apollo Justice & AAI would come out on iOS.

see, i only played 999 and while it was really really good i don't know if i can bring myself to play VLR knowing that it's going to leave me hanging out for a sequel that'll never happen. it's too much!!