Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Just in case anyone reading this hasn't already played Virtue's Last Reward, it's currently on sale for :10bux:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Ryuga Death posted:

I sort of want to get it as part of the humble bundle but eh.

calling VA-11 HALL-A's writing amateurish is doing it an incredible kindness, but if you really can't shake that morbid curiosity the bundle would be the best way to go

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Raxivace posted:

When is Doki Doki Literature Club supposed to pick up exactly? I got through the second poem session and I'm struggling to find much positive about this game.

the day of the festival

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Are the dialogue choices in Kindred Spirits on the Roof actual branches, or just for fluff?

Umi is a dense motherfucker and Sasa is throwing herself away on her. The track captains seem cool so far, though. I am rooting for them.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

land sakes this entire school is at it like sharp knives all of a sudden

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Some of Kindred Spirits on the Roof's stories got a bit samey and I had to :stonk: a little at Sachi and Megumi's backup plan, but overall it was very sweet and I'm glad I read it.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

sharks or nothing :colbert:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Stefan Prodan posted:

is there any voice acting in any of the games that reaches the peak of Okarin's actor yelling BANANA in stein's gate

that is my favorite piece of video game acting of all time lol

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I got ENIGMA: during the holiday sale and it was mostly alright, but something on the true ending path just left a bad taste in my mouth.

There's a scene where a man attempts to rape a woman. He's stopped in time but the next day he shows up again and everyone, even his victim, reacts with mere mild annoyance. Nothing else happens to him. In the epilogue, it's mentioned that he got kicked in the nards real bad and can't get boners anymore. What.

I see Dysfunctional Systems is only $5; has anyone read that one?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Yikes. Thanks for the warnings.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I wouldn't say it's faultless or anything

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

A Case of Distrust too, perhaps? I think that one's more mystery and less lesbians, though.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

the best Vita VN is Persona 4 Golden

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

are there any otomes that don't go to super hosed up places

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

anything but VA-11 Hall-A

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Meallan posted:

What's wrong with VA-11 Hall-A? I saw some things that had me interested but is it bad?

VA-11 Hall-A doesn't even manage to be bad; it's just nothing

you get five hours of completely pointless HEY ITS THAT INTERNET THING YOU LIKE, and one hour where they try to have a story about dealing with grief and regret but handle it so clumsily that it's robbed of any impact

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

nabo posted:

Darker than thread favorites Zero Escape series, Danganrompa, House in Fata Morgana, etc?? I mean there is a lot to criticize about va-11 h4lla (or w/e), but "it gets dark" falls kinda flat in this thread.

mostly it just gets cheap

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

it could only be Eric

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Carlos was a good guy

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I don't know if "innocent" is the best word since it's explicitly about teen sex, but it is still very sweet for the most part

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Jun 22, 2018

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Irony Be My Shield posted:

It's been a while since I played MLA, but I thought the coup guys were in the wrong and ultimately the game sides with the need for international co-operation?

depends on whether they call it "co-operation" or "co-prosperity"

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

MegaZeroX posted:

Does anyone know anything about WILL: A Wonderful World? It looks interesting.

I've only played about five minutes before I head out to work today but it's already off to a fairly promising start

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

suddenly everyone in Will: A Wonderful World is being sold into sex slavery or drug slavery and I'm not sure how to feel about this one anymore

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

It does seem like all the horrible poo poo will go somewhere eventually.

just lol if the "**** plots" screen was meant to be an actual serious heads-up though

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

you baka

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

it's "G" like in ".GIF"

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Is there no release date for London Detective Mysteria yet?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Cuntellectual posted:

How is Va11 Hall-A? I keep meaning to buy it while it's on sale then forgetting to.

it's got some brony's-first-fanfic levels of atrocious writing

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

anyway N1whatever will almost definitely have an old-timey metal box robot that yells at everyone for assuming its gender

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I've been following Hatsuu's twitter in case of any sudden Trails news out of nowhere and she's been gushing a whole lot about London Detective Mysteria, so I've got some good hopes for it. You know it'll have a solid translation, at least.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Cuntellectual posted:

I know premises are cheap and a good writer can make a bad premise good, but I'm curious how it sounds at that level to someone who isn't directly involved with it.

It's a fine premise but it absolutely needs strong characters--i.e. not horny child sex robots, or spastic camgirls, or catgirls who had to become catgirls because of highly good reasons that will make you ashamed of your words and deeds

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I have no idea whether you're trying to say it was good, or bad

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Irritated Goat posted:

Seeing the mix on VAL-HA11-A (?) makes it a bit difficult to keep in my wish list. The horny child sex robot thing is :barf: but without that, I think it'd be OK? Just super chill.

she is the character that the writers obviously expect you to like best, and none of the others are much better

The thing is, there are tons of games that are at least partly about just having a basic time with people and hearing their stories. In the end, VA is only unique in what it lacks.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Looks like Mysteria will have a demo on PSN in North America, Europe, and Australia this Tuesday (9/25). Maybe I'll charge up my Vita.

also

https://twitter.com/Hatsuu/status/1043255246972043264

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Sep 21, 2018

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

London Detective Mysteria: saving the day with the power of :catdrugs:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I need a hint to get through a visual novel :saddowns:

I'm stuck in 428 right now, in the middle of 12:00-13:00. Kano is locked in the Back to the Precinct bad end, and everyone else has got a KEEP OUT on them. Who's the other character I need to clear that bad end besides Minorikawa?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Turns out the right answer is to make Osawa go outside, which is why it never even occurred to me.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

How do I clear Jack's KEEP OUT at 19:05 in 428 Shibuya Scramble? The walkthroughs I can find say I should be able to jump back and forth between him and Achi but I don't have that option.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Alright, I think I found the snag. (428 Shibuya Scramble finale) I'd already reached Tateno's ending, so I never bothered to go back and double-check his path. Turns out I needed to make him stop Canaan from calling Hitomi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Mizuki rules