Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Some cowboy hats have been called "ten-gallon" hats. The term came into use about 1925.[27] There are multiple theories for how the concept arose.

One theory is that the term "ten-gallon" is a corruption of the Spanish modifier tan galán, which loosely translates as "really handsome"[28] or "so fine". For example, un sombrero tan galán translates as "such a fine hat".

Another theory is that the term "ten-gallon" is a corruption of the Spanish term galón, which means "galloon", a type of narrow braided trimming around the crown, possibly a style adapted by Spanish cowboys. When Texas cowboys misunderstood the word galón for "gallon", the popular, though incorrect, legend may have been born. According to Reynolds and Rand, "The term ten-gallon did not originally refer to the holding capacity of the hat, but to the width of a Mexican sombrero hatband, and is more closely related to this unit of measurement by the Spanish than to the water-holding capacity of a Stetson.”[29]

Stetson hat company boasted that the tight weave of most Stetsons hats made them sufficiently waterproof to be used as a bucket. Early print advertising by Stetson showed a cowboy giving his horse a drink of water from a hat.[30] However, even the Stetson company notes that a "ten-gallon" hat holds only 3 quarts (about 3 l instead of 40 l).[29][31]

Regardless, using a hat as a water container is apt to seriously damage a modern hat. On one hand, fur felt hats were designed in part so they could be used in the rain. However, wool felt hats were designed for dry climates, and most straw hats can only handle a light rain for a brief time.[32] While a very high quality felt hat made from animal fur may hold water,[29] over time, any cloth container will leak. Furthermore, modern hats may react to getting wet differently, though this depends on the quality of the materials used in construction. They are generally likely to lose shape and the felt may also soften up if they are completely drenched.[33]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

A "Ten-Gallon" Hat in the Wild. 1968.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
This is the most lawless night of any mafia game.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Asiina posted:

It's pretty cute but youtube is taking forever.

Put your modem lower than your tower so the internet flows downhill into it faster.

Note this will make downloading slower.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Leave it to mafia players to post 5000 replies on a Friday night.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Byers2142 posted:

Where the gently caress is it Friday?

Anywhere important in the world when Day 1 took place.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
The one of the first pages I clicked on had like 15 League of Extraordinary Legends and Taylor Swift gifs and it legit crashed my Chrome so I see I missed stuff of great importance.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I'm going to assume 'Diqnol' is that pizza guy because that's the only way some of this makes sense.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Is there a role that would make Ernie want to get lynched but not have him voting himself for some reason? If I were done I would just vote myself I think.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
##Vote Ernie

Academic at this point I guess since people are just literally claiming scum but more votes is more information from Atoramos' thing that some smart person can parse.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Okay I don't get what the picture of smile plus turkey is supposed to mean.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Byers2142 posted:

Potato Face Handjob

God, some people are awful at Pictionary.

That is definitely a Downsy Turkey claim and I will fight you over this if I have to.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Oh wow I thought this game had died.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
##Vote PoP, whittle down the list get more information for the next vote list I guess.

I didn't follow the other thread much because I'm a bad player so I don't know whatever all this diagonal move stuff is.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I never got my night action results anyways. I had to ask once and I just don't care this time. V:shobon:V

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Power of Pecota posted:

What's your role nerd

Town Gumshoe. I have no investigations to share because both mods forgot I'm in the game I guess. TT did give me a result for Jammy, after he had died and flipped and after I had reminded him about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Lol not only did I not get investigation result it's not even in the mod spreadsheet.

• Locked thread