Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I truly believe that anyone and everyone is capable of making their dreams come true.

:unsmigghh:
Welcome everyone!

My name is Harold Krell and I'd like you to get acquainted with my mafia friends!

1. Poison Mushroom (Mafia-Aligned Godfather)
2. Dr. Hurt (Mafia-Aligned Roleblocker)
3. Yuming (Mafia-Aligned Bulletproof)
4. Highwire (Mafia-Aligned Tracker)
5. Magnus Gallant (Mafia-Aligned Backup Godfather)
6. Gulag (Mafia-Aligned Roleblocker)
7. Harold Krell (Mafia-Aligned Rolecop)
8. CapnAndy (Mafia-Aligned Ninja)
9. Saint Freak (Mafia-Aligned Doctor)
10. flatluigi (Mafia-Aligned Rolecop)
11. Meinberg (Mafia-Aligned Assassin)

I hopre you all have fun. ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I truly believe that anyone and everyone is capable of making their dreams come true.

http://tindeck.com/listen/ljiqp

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

Bifauxnen posted:

no, he left me off the list just to be mean.

Actually, it is real!

Just wait until you guys see the scumdoc :allears:

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I don't understand what pictures of people's stupid cats has to do with Mafia. :shrug:

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

http://tindeck.com/listen/fmefs

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

Khris Kruel posted:

drat, kinda sad I don't have a mafia wiki page

:angel:Kruel -> Kreel -> Krell:angel:

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

http://tindeck.com/listen/inoad

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I'm likin' this page number. :pervert:

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

Pinterest Mom posted:

hmm, the sex number. nice.

Yeah, that was the point, stupid. :rolleyes:

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

flatluigi posted:

cut the loving "delicate balance" poo poo out

i'm 100% fine with silly games and dumb setups and poo poo like that, I ran a game once where nobody knew what their role was and one where everyone's role was half-broken and one where everything was simultaneously overpowered and underpowered with post restrictions out the rear end. they were fun and the balance had enough thought put to it to try to make it fun for people even though there were 0 guarantees whatsoever. ask fits or varinn about the CYORs I did.

even if you're 100% sure that they're an awful excuse of a player that won't do anything of note you don't replace in someone who has knowledge of a completely different role, especially one with mystery around it like what actually happened with krell's death and how he flipped weirdly. you especially don't do it if they're someone who you know actively sabotages games. hell, you probably don't want that person playing period, let alone twice.

it's an awful decision and i'm super disappointed!

For a person who likes silly games, you sure do have a stick up your rear end.

Why don't you go back to talking about your dumb cat that no one else cares about, hmm? :rolleyes:

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

Jose Valasquez posted:

It has nothing to do with the delicate balance of the game and everything to do with letting dead players replace into the game being a poo poo policy regardless but especially so when it's a poo poo player like Krell

I'm sorry. :(

Listen, do you want to talk, together? Like, you know, intimate buds?

There are significant benefits we can have by being intimate buds! Heh heh heh! :pervert:

:glomp:

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

Jose Valasquez posted:

Not thinking that having Krell in the game will hurt the game makes me feel like you expect this game to be really really lovely

It's you.

You are the sole person making this game lovely right now.

Grow up.

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

Tremendous Taste posted:

1) If you have a beef with my setup or mod decisions aside from speculation that's fruitful to play then either pm me about it or wait until the game is over.

2) Krell, don't antagonize people or I'll modkill you in a second. The tindeck stuff is entertaining, the insults not so.

I understand.

Sometimes things can get heated in mafia games, but we must all remember that the core value of any internet game is this, and only this:

Respect.

In every mafia game I've ever been in, I have always considered respect a virtue and have always vowed to make sure I uphold that natural born right.

I always strive to be the best mafia player I can be! :angel:

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

Splode posted:

Hey Krell can you perform one of your incredible raps for us?

Okay.

http://tindeck.com/listen/sccnr

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

Varinn posted:

krell, whoever you are, please identify yourself and tell me why people want to make you dead

OOOOwwwwooowowowooo~~~~~ uwWWWuuuuUUUUuuuwwwUUU!!!!

uwwWWWWWwwuuUUUUUUwwwwooOOO~~~ OOOOwwwwoooOOOOO!!!

:spooky:Wrathofthedevil:devil: UUUUWWwwwwwwooo~~~~ oggggggg!!!

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

Big Nothing posted:

##vote Harold Krell

Im doing the thread a service with this vote

You know nothing, know-nothing. :pwn:

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

Hmm... This truly is a challenging game.

On the one hand, there are different specifying votes which would imply that some people may be putting their hat in the ring for unstated reasons. Likewise, there may never be such a better time to follow through on such accusations, so it would be to our benefit to understand the underlying conflict at hand. That being said, I think it would be most opportunistic to relay the information to others who couldn't be able to vote today as it would be a boon to town to find such parity among all players. The mafia won't be able to challenge a force of number so large, so they may as well vote more cynically in order to persuade non voters into giving up future votes. The fact that we have only seen a mere sliver of the voting outcome bodes well for them, so they might as well go through with this plan (if they're smart that is... :smuggo:). Anyways, I would really doubt any attempt to coerce power roles into activating said powers since it is too early to determine a false start at this point in the game. In fact, I haven't even noticed a power role despite the large amount of players involved, some coming up with any type of pretense for it would be a moot point anyways. I have to admit though, it was particularly smart for town to vote in droves rather than keep scum at bay through sheer will of conflict. Conflict will only get you so far in the mafia metagame after all, so why even bother using it in the first place? On that note, I've notice the recent conflict that occurred has all but died out as of the moment, so maybe it would be beneficial if others could inform us on their opinions about this. After all, would you want to stand out in the game if you were scum? I wouldn't think so :downs:. It's just the beginning of the game, so I really don't have all the answers to all these connections yet, but I know that because of the peculiar aspects of this game, there is an incredibly good chance that we'll be able to see a clue of scum in the very near future. I would suggest to everyone, both town and scum, to keep an eye on this "clue" as their interpretation of said clue will be able to shed more light on power roles and their resulting actions very very soon :iiam:.

Now, you may be wondering why I would endorse the scum team based on that statement, but rest assured, I am simply doting over the massive player base in order to collect as much information as possible. I know I've been wrong on this before, and most people don't trust me based on that fact, but for any other doubters out there, ask yourself this: If you were scum but knew of town power roles, would you (honest to God) withhold these interests to yourself even if the game depended on it? The point I'm trying to make is that people can be right and wrong, but what doesn't make them objectively right is hunting out for scum players only to get nipped in the bud later on. I've seen this type of play dozens of times before and guess what? It never works! :saddowns: That's the whole point of coercive voting. It's to find a driving vote divide among town and scum and using power role abilities to enhance town's weigh in the matter. The last game I saw that was actually able to achieve this successfully were able to out scum in only two days and secure the win in four. However, that isn't to say that this type of strategy is without consequence. I've seen at least a handful of people who tried to make an attempt like this, only to lynch the wrong person by day 3 and ultimately throw the game in the long run. Yeah. I get it if you think luck plays an important part in a game like this ( and it OBVIOUSLY does, if you didn't already know)., but I would say around 66.6% of the "luck" that is actually instituted in this game is based on psychological response from weaker players. To endorse their vote is to put town in ruin, which is why I suggest against such a strategy. Rather, we should all be able to handle each case based on our own experiences and be able to cast a vote that way. As long a scum doesn't know the town strategy, we should be able to thin their numbers by at least half by day 5. Barring that, I don't see a reason as to why anyone would vote against those lines even if you happened to BE scum, but that's probably getting away from the point entirely. :shrug:

Anyways, the entire point of this strategy is kind of like "live and let live", but I'm not going to force anyone to do this. In the end, it really is all up to you, the voter, to cast your decision on whether or not you think someone is scum, so as long as you consider your power role in the matter, then at least you'll be well on your way! :thumbsup:

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

DizzyCow posted:

Can you just summarize this or something? Don't take "longer is better" to heart, dude.

Oh, I disagree. Longer is INDEED better.

:awesome:Know what I'm sayin'?:awesome:

:pervert:Like a four-inch wiener? Get it? :pervert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I doubt it. I doubt you get any of it.

:iceburn:Get it? Obviously not! :haw::iceburn:

• Locked thread