Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vOv
Feb 8, 2014

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Did they change Mnoleg's tiles? Is she a giant sphere now?

No, but the picture at the top of the OP used to be the Mnoleg you can see sometimes in the splash screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Reminder for everybody to set fake_lang = butt

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Roctavian posted:

That troll is doing a poo poo job

It's doing better than most trolls I've ever summoned on V:5 have; it's not dead yet.

Got my 10th online win just before Tourney started, I'm feeling pretty content :unsmith: The only real goal I have is to win at least once, but I think I'm going to try some of the Nemelex' Choice combos and die horribly.

Chiminey
Sep 12, 2011

Hoping to further improve my stellar 0.257% win rate this version.

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

kickascii posted:

I started another goon team in case anyone else is still looking for one.

Drop it like it's Zot
----------------------------
1. kickascii
2. Pitch

put
TEAMNAME kickascii

on the top of your rc file, and let me know your crawl name so I can add you.
Count me in. Pitch on CSZO.

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully
Looking for advice on my MiBe: http://dobrazupa.org/morgue/getdunked/getdunked.txt

I'm doing really well with this character; I've already gotten the runes from Shoals and Spider, and I'm looking to get a third rune and win, but I'm unsure how to approach the Vaults:5 ambush. I've only ever gotten this far a handful of times and I've never lived through it. I have a respectable Evocations skill and a handful of elemental evokers, which I kept with the intent of blowing everything up once I descend; I'm just wondering whether it will work. What is the general strategy? Do people read a scroll of teleport and try to hole up in one corner of the level? Can you still stairdance now that there are vault wardens sealing everything off?

If I win this game it will be the first game I've won since I started playing, back in 0.7 :pray:

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

v0v and InternetKracken:

Please add # TEAMCAPTAIN Stoats to your 0.16 rc file, it still hasn't spotted you.

Thanks!!!

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

It also has to be the first line of your RC.

Davedog
Sep 11, 2009

kickascii posted:

Drop it like it's Zot
1. kickascii

put
TEAMNAME kickascii

I'm in as well. Davedog on CAO.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Just wanna ask all the other members of Where The Ugly Things Are real quick before this is underway-where do you normally play at? wanna spectate u all

e: I'm on cszo btw

LazyMaybe fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Mar 13, 2015

Starkwheat
Feb 27, 2012

kickascii posted:

Drop it like it's Zot
1. kickascii

put
TEAMNAME kickascii

Jumping in. Starve on CAO.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

A confusing moment until I remembered that I drank a mut potion earlier

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

All the world's a stage I'm going through

IronicDongz posted:

Just wanna ask all the other members of Where The Ugly Things Are real quick before this is underway-where do you normally play at? wanna spectate u all

Also CSZO. Just finished a HOGl on CBRO mostly because I didn't think I'd be done before the tourney, and wanted to keep my usual server free of games.

Working tomorrow, so probably won't be home till, oh, about 8 hours after the tourney starts, but I'll probably be on shortly after.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

GetDunked posted:

Looking for advice on my MiBe: http://dobrazupa.org/morgue/getdunked/getdunked.txt

I'm doing really well with this character; I've already gotten the runes from Shoals and Spider, and I'm looking to get a third rune and win, but I'm unsure how to approach the Vaults:5 ambush. I've only ever gotten this far a handful of times and I've never lived through it. I have a respectable Evocations skill and a handful of elemental evokers, which I kept with the intent of blowing everything up once I descend; I'm just wondering whether it will work. What is the general strategy? Do people read a scroll of teleport and try to hole up in one corner of the level? Can you still stairdance now that there are vault wardens sealing everything off?

If I win this game it will be the first game I've won since I started playing, back in 0.7 :pray:

You can (and should) stairdance as much as possible, but like you say you have to watch out for the stairs getting sealed by a Vault Warden, or being constricted on the stairs. If a Vault Warden does appear, you need to take it out as soon as possible. It looks like the best way you have of that is Rod of Inaccuracy, I'm pretty sure that's a penetrating bolt, or using your evocables like disc of storms.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

As a counterpoint, while stairdancing can work, the noise is pretty much guaranteed to draw huge numbers of dudes out of the quadrants, and things can quickly get out of control, especially when going downstairs the second or third time. It's very easy to pull one set of guys upstairs, murder them, and go back down to find yourself surrounded on all 8 sides, with a dozen ancient-lich level baddies in view and the stairs locked. In particular, the time it takes to descend the stairs can involve weathering literally dozens of melee attacks.

That's not to say "don't do it," just be aware that things can go bad quickly and have blink scrolls on hand.

Happylisk
May 19, 2004

Leisure Suit Barry '08
Those who are about to crawl salute you. Good luck in the tournament goons.

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

Speleothing posted:

Reminder for everybody to set fake_lang = butt

CBRO posted:

You see here 18 butt bullets!

lol thanks

CBRO posted:

A goblin comes into view!
_The butt shouts!!!

a gassy goblin noooooo

CBRO posted:

n - a butt labeled KHOKUS EBLU

kids today and their nonsense tattoos

CBRO posted:

g - a butt of butt control (butt hand)

CBRO posted:

Sif Muna whispers: I know many butts!!!

zzMisc fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Mar 13, 2015

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

So what do people plan on trying to play first? Gonna try and go 1/1 on the first game again and win with an early OgBe. (also maybe Og will be a nemchoice this time???)

also! majdumbo/'dead' - make sure you have '# TEAMCAPTAIN raskol' at the top of your .16 RC file! (And that raskol has you as well.) Everyone else on the team has been picked up.

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

C7ty1 posted:

So what do people plan on trying to play first? Gonna try and go 1/1 on the first game again and win with an early OgBe. (also maybe Og will be a nemchoice this time???)

Personally I'm gonna try something I haven't won before (A centaur hunter), and if I get it, immediately try to streak it with something easier I have done (minotaur warrior, gargoyle berzerker, or spriggan assassin maybe) and probably fail.

I was going to start with a mage, but I've now splatted I think in the triple digits of mages on CBRO and no longer harbor any delusions I'll ever win one.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

IronicDongz posted:

I'm on CSZO as well.

majdumbo
Dec 26, 2005
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! jew.

C7ty1 posted:

also! majdumbo/'dead' - make sure you have '# TEAMCAPTAIN raskol' at the top of your .16 RC file! (And that raskol has you as well.) Everyone else on the team has been picked up.

Aye aye. Was waiting until the tourny started to see if I was getting booted for a returning player.

edit: Added. Should be good now.

majdumbo fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Mar 13, 2015

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

If I switch server for the tourney do I have to redo my rc file or will it pick up that I'm in the same team?

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Aston posted:

If I switch server for the tourney do I have to redo my rc file or will it pick up that I'm in the same team?
Pretty sure rcfiles are hosted per-server, so you'll want to update your rcfile on any and all servers you're planning to play on. (I may be wrong about this!)

C7ty1 posted:

Probably some sort of Vine Stalker, since they're more than a little absurd, unless the Nemelex combo looks fun or interesting.

kickascii
Mar 30, 2010

kickascii posted:

Drop it like it's Zot
1. kickascii
2. Pitch
3. Davedog
4. Starve

put
TEAMNAME kickascii

if 2 more Goons get an attitude to play some Crawl this week, you have time to get on drop it like it's Zot.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Ugly John posted:

So, what's everybody's goals for this tournament?

I'm hoping for a 15-runer, and more than one win this time.

I'm gonna go for prophet II, Avarice III , definitely gonna take a crack at Nemelex' Choice and maybe descent into madness III if I have a dude swole enough for it.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
Nevermind I can't keep track of all these teams :(

Fhqwhgads fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Mar 13, 2015

WereVolvo
Jan 12, 2011
"Fun" is not a design goal.

IronicDongz posted:

czo here too

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Less good team names not from SA this time around but there are still choice ones:

AWBW feat Bill Fi the Science Mi
RU Afraid of the Dark - The Tale of the Hacked-Off Hand
She Identified My Wand Just By Holding It

Happylisk
May 19, 2004

Leisure Suit Barry '08

Sage Grimm posted:

Less good team names not from SA this time around but there are still choice ones:

AWBW feat Bill Fi the Science Mi
RU Afraid of the Dark - The Tale of the Hacked-Off Hand
She Identified My Wand Just By Holding It

Ill Go Zig You Gozag is possibly my favorite clan name so far.

WereVolvo
Jan 12, 2011
"Fun" is not a design goal.
No Ogrecoming Adversity this year? :(

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

WereVolvo posted:

No Ogrecoming Adversity this year? :(

Yes hello I felt a great disturbance in the huge useless dumb idiot force and now I am here to make it worse.

I forget who ran OA last tourney but as I am the founder I'm willing to step up and run it. Someone else can run Maximum Ogredrive if Ogrecoming Adversity fills up.

Everyone who wants to play an ogre and be bad and useless and die a lot is welcome. We will encounter adversity and Ogrecome it. Or, more likely, our time in the dungeon will be ogre. It is also important to really ogredo it with the ogrewrought ogre jokes. Ogre.

Give me an hour or so to finish up some stuff at work and I will open up the team.

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

I ran OA the last couple tournaments to fill the void and decided I wanted to play other things this time around. But it is sorely tempting, and the lure of being dumb and useless is a strong call to get ogre ...

(ogre)

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Fitzy Fitz and Seal, you dawgs need to put #TEAMCAPTAIN wya in the rc file

Prancing Shoes
Jul 8, 2008

quote:

You Go Zig, I'll Gozag
1. Colour (switch971)
2. Can Of Worms (wormsofcan)
3. Sientara (sientara)
4. Pathetic Little Tramp (patheticliltramp)
5. World Famous Whore (worldfamousw)

Sientara it looks like you still need to add #TEAMCAPTAIN switch971 to your rc file. Everyone else should be good to go.

I had Fhqwhgads in the 6 spot but it looks like he just joined Drop it like it's Zot, so assuming that is the case we will have one spot open to whoever wants it.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
If you want in on Ogrecoming Adversity please let me know here and I will add you to my rcfile once I set it up. My username is Diplomat if you want to make me your teamcaptain in advance. Just have to get some work stuff ogre with first.

C7ty1 posted:

I ran OA the last couple tournaments to fill the void and decided I wanted to play other things this time around. But it is sorely tempting, and the lure of being dumb and useless is a strong call to get ogre ...

(ogre)

Join usssssss :btroll:

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

Colour posted:

Sientara it looks like you still need to add #TEAMCAPTAIN switch971 to your rc file. Everyone else should be good to go.

I had Fhqwhgads in the 6 spot but it looks like he just joined Drop it like it's Zot, so assuming that is the case we will have one spot open to whoever wants it.

Oh poo poo, I didn't realize I was actually in it, I thought I missed out. I'll take the six spot and edit my RC file.

I am a terrible person and can't keep track of these teams.

Edit: I've updated my RC file to show #TEAMCAPTAIN switch971

Prancing Shoes
Jul 8, 2008

Fhqwhgads posted:

Oh poo poo, I didn't realize I was actually in it, I thought I missed out. I'll take the six spot and edit my RC file.

I am a terrible person and can't keep track of these teams.

Edit: I've updated my RC file to show #TEAMCAPTAIN switch971

No worries, I see you on the clan page now.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

nothing to see here

Dr. Despair fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Mar 13, 2015

PosSibley
Jan 11, 2008

21rst Century Digital Boy

Ugly John posted:

So, what's everybody's goals for this tournament?

Maybe my first win :cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Fitzy Fitz and Seal, you dawgs need to put #TEAMCAPTAIN wya in the rc file

Thanks, I was just trying to figure out what to put in there.

Tournament go time??

• Locked thread