Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

That troll is doing a poo poo job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

Angry Diplomat posted:

You draw a card... It is Degeneration.
Fannar evaporates and reforms as a water nymph!

:stonk:

only degenerates run around without any clothes on

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

You can still have them up in every fight though, and things like potions of brilliance become (near) permanent buffs. Personally I think they should just be (actually) permanent until a better solution is implemented, right now they are effectively permanent and just annoying to use. I'd rather have a nice interface around what's there now or the spells removed completely than the limbo state of "extremely effective and annoying".

Makes a good case for why they might be better as items: if they are actually permanent, it's the interface equivalent of putting on another piece of equipment.

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

Haifisch posted:

...although to be honest, all the aux armor slots are boring. Gloves get stat boots or a ranged attack boost, boots get running/stealth/flying, and cloaks get rpois/MR/evocable invis. Cloaks are probably the best off just because one option isn't clearly the best, but I find I still end up with either an MR cloak or an arte cloak most of the time.

Convert the entire Charms school into aux armour egos

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

What if the lower half of Lair was its own, more threatening branch (spawn no popcorn, lots of the more dangerous deep lair spawns) like a sort of Depths analogue for the earlier dungeon?

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

Thug Lessons posted:

What's wrong with Lair now?

Nothing, really. Just speculating.

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

amuayse posted:

Goddam I just want my rhesus macques

I have had extensive real life experience of rhesus macaques and I hate those lovely things, and their presence in crawl would trigger me.
(not seriously but ugh gently caress those monkeys)

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

People are really good at coming up with ideas like "factory theme, lots of golems" but you have to think about "what interesting and new gameplay opportunities will there be for players in this branch" first. Too many branches in the game are the same kind of poo poo already.

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

so like, Spider?

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

Miracon posted:

If you like this sort of change, you should see what's coming soon.
oh my god finally

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

IronicDongz posted:

Apparently you can poison fungus now? Like, the kind that just sit around, not wandering ones.

Today in stylish crawl outfits:matching colors

we gotta fix how webtiles displays tiles when the resolution is smaller than expected, because this looks like garbage

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

They'd win in court but it's nice knowing that blizz wants to bite my style

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

shows up in Lair, teleports you to the V:5 ambush

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

Internet Kraken posted:

Has any progress been made on that imp species, or any other experimental race for that matter?

I think that imp species was a father-son learning programming activity, so they probably forgot about it.

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

I've always felt that in order for Gozag to work, s/he needs to incentivize impulse spending -- making offers like, "cast firestorm this turn, at high spellpower, for $700!" to a melee-focused character, or "worried that you can't kill this stone giant? bribe him for the next 1000 turns for $900!" This would make it harder to decide when to save money/spend it, and it would provide a more visible bonus.

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

What would be some good abilities for monsters to use in extended?

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

What happens when the last dev stops contributing to crawl?

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

Power Leap was an excellent repositioning/aiming tool when I took Ru as a DEFE, optimizing those bolts of fire and firestorms to hit as many people as possible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

kaschei posted:

I would like to see what you think a ziggurat looks like.

(Those are the lower levels)

• Locked thread