Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

Dudley posted:

A note from BBC's updated FP2 story.

Who was it who predicted the "buying the team" endgame?

Me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

Ricciardo is all ready on his 2nd engine of the season. Good job Renault.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

Brainwrong posted:

"The Manor team is continuing to work to reinstall software needed to operate the car, a consequence of all of its hard drives being wiped prior to the planned auction of the teams assets that was cancelled once an investor was found."

Sad face

They should hook Bianchi up to the golden throne.

how many races do they need to be installing software at to receive last years points money?

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

Human Grand Prix posted:

And Ron Dennis has killed him.

Fraud Car, Fraud Engine.

Its not a car, its an elaborate time machine. They tried to use it again today, but the flex capacitor failed to engauge before it hit the wall. They are aiming for 1994 to bring back Senna and you have to admit Alonso's 1995 wasnt bad for the first try.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

He paid upfront to race this season, they spent his money then reeled the punter in.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

Kilmers Elbow posted:

So it wasn't my blurred, tired eyes deceiving me...Jenson is wearing a moustache.

He was indeed, unfortunately.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

I would find it quite amusing if McLaren being 4 seconds off the pace was because they dare not turn their ERS on for fear of electrocuting another driver.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

MrL_JaKiri posted:

She doesn't have a super license, she can't race

Acording to Charlie Whiting when Crofty asked about vdg and super licences you need one for Friday testing too now.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

When Sky say 5am in the morning, is that actual race start or just pre race poo poo I can sleep though?

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

Morning thread, Who said a 15 car grid?

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

Did a McLaren really explode on the way to the grid?
also good job Pastor.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

1500quidporsche posted:

Honda themselves have said there's parts of the system not activated to prevent the engine from doing something stupid like Electrocuting drivers.

Fixed.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

keevo posted:

Sebastian Vettel is basically German John Cena. Hate the driver, like the person.

What series does he race in?

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

Bernie is making Marussia pay its own freight for Australia, i kind of agree with him.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/manor-had-no-intention-of-racing-in-australia

quote:

"We should have never ever, ever allowed Manor to do what they've done. It's our fault. I predicted this would happen," Ecclestone told Reuters.

"They had no intention of racing in Australia. Zero.

"They couldn't have raced if someone had gone there with a machine gun and put it to their head.

"It was impossible. So they had no intention."

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

JFairfax posted:

it's a legit question.

if they go over the limit, what happens? do they keep getting punished?

They get to start from the pit lane.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

Look at it this way, McLaren have gone form being the worse Mercedes powered team, to the best Honda powered team.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

I don't think its quite as simple as "are just bolt on" when you have a drive shaft running though the engine V to connect them. also on that diagram the compressor looks like its sitting inside the inlet manifold, so I doubt you can just unbolt it, turn it round and mount it on the rear.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

Its no David Beckham meets elderly fan.:colbert:

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

With no German GP this summer is going to have big gaps before and after Spa.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

I am aware that indy car exists, but know nothing about it, Do they stop every few minutes for time outs or tactic talks like all the other boring American fake sports?

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

gret posted:

Well no. Americans are still good at baseball.

How do you quantify being good at something when you are the only one completing?

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

Alonso was denied by his friends at Ferrari, betrayed by Ron Denis, died, was resurrected and will ascend to the right hand side of the podium.

really makes you think.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

Big John's wheel looked egg shaped on that slomo.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

I hope he is DQ'ed just for the first person to legitimately beat Mercedes line.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

Formula 1 race winner Maldonado has been given more points bringing him up to 8/12 in a 12 month period. Keep going kid I believe in you.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

Even when McLaren is up to full power (which sky were estimating to be about an extra 150bhp), Its still going to be a dogshit undrivable McLaren, see 2012-Present.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

serious gaylord posted:

Its inferior to the other brands in everything bar marketing. Which to be fair, is the thing that sells.

The other brands come in giant rear end cans. If I felt the need for an energy drink, I would rather have something I can knock back and be done with. If someone gives me a monster or something, most of its going down the sink.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

thegasman2000 posted:

and a gravel shortcut :)

If Red Bull buy out cvc then gravel shortcuts and joker laps will be a sure thing. Maybe ramps.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

The daily mail are just getting practice in so they can really go off on one when Red Bull takes over and livens up the podium with dubstep national anthems, pyrotechnics and lap dancers on stripper poles.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

Does this mean Nelson Piquet is banned form doing more podium interviews?

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

Brownie posted:

Serious question: when people watch WEC do you actually watch the whole 6 hours? Or do you just watch for a bit and hope you catch something good and look up the final results later? Or just highlights?

I wanna get into it but it seems like endurance racing should be the least viewer friendly Motorsport possible?

You get a few mates over and watch it in shifts.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

krushgroove posted:

After I moved to the UK I made the mistake of asking a lifelong rugby fan what the difference is between rugby league and rugby union...bad move.

Its because no one knows, they might say they know, but in truth they are just as clueless as the rest of us

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

El Hefe posted:

what's that?

oh I'm sorry I couldn't hear you all the way at the TOP OF THE PODIUM

People are just jealous of Pastor because he's got it all, a dream job travelling all over the world driving F1 cars, a beautiful wife and kid, a house in Monaco, millions of $ in the bank, keep on hating haters while Pastor keeps on living the dream.

The Sky team were mocking him for having 80 race starts for only 8 points finishes.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

Pastor is like a folk hero to the Venezuelan people because he steals all the toiletry's out of all the hotels he stays in during the season, then hands them out like Robin Hood when he gets home.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

Button didn't even make the outlap.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

Kvyat to Formula E next season.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

I am really looking forwards to the race, last year was awesome.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

daslog posted:

Prediction: Monza is going to lose it's race next year to some dictator.

If Merkel didn't want her home race I doubt she will Italy's one.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

Zombi Senna was a jerk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

quote:

Things may be lookin grim so far, but as we were told before the first race, the 4-30 was going to be in "test mode" until the European rounds of the season started.....and we are about to start the Euro races next. Everyone seems to have missed the fact that this Honda power unit incorporates new materials and new technologies, as well as the "size 0" packaging, and yes it has had quite a few teething troubles, but the breakthrough is definitely coming. I firmly believe they will suddenly burst out of the box with this car like I wanted to see from Australia, (sadly that didnt happen and its heartbreaking watching Fernando playing tailgunner for most of the race), because Im sure Fernando didnt want to just take the risk of leaving the Skiddyrear after all the discussions with Honda. Dont forget here that Shekelstone and Toad have a lot to do with who wins races and championships!!!! As for Toad becoming FIA President after his years as Ferrari Team Principal, this is *&^%$£ LUDICROUS AND SHOULD NEVER HAVE HAPPENED!!!! All stage managed by Davros Ecclestone, the Chief Dalek!!. 3 weeks till Spain, lot of PU mods and upgrades till then, so lets wait and see. #:)
Mighty McLaren/Honda are on the way back.!!!! #:))))

same.

• Locked thread