Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

poty posted:

I wonder what new cheating devices the germans at Mercedes gave Nico this year. I'm guessing his car has 9 gears and nobody told Lewis

Still I rise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

The app is nice if you watch races live and even better if you go to a race so you know who is coming near you.
I've used the app's English commentary track side at non-English speaking races through headphones.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Rosberg knows he's number 2 now, if he accepts it he can be Barrichello without the bitterness.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

A race in Australia is perfect for Asian audiences, not just 23 million skips.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Fo3 posted:

As an Aussie I love the European and middle eastern races for the same reasons, I can watch them in peace in the evening/night. Melbourne, China, Malaysia and Japan are a pain as they are on during the day and I've got things to do instead. The only inconvenient ones are Nth America and Brazil, but I'm fine with that and will put the effort in if the season looks like a good one.

Wait, has that gone up since last year? Because if so that's even bigger bullshit.
I remember only reading about it going up 5% every year.

Canada is always on the long weekend but Brazil wrecks me. Thankfully my boss is also in the same boat so that's usually not a productive day in general.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

I need to check something

*fires up wikipedia*

Ignoring 2007 when McLaren was disqualified from the WCC, they have never not scored in a season. Looks like this is going to be their year.

How long ago was the exact same post made about Williams?

I'm not a McLaren apologist, I love seeing Big Ron squirm as much as anyone.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Diet Crack posted:

lmao the FIA still schedules the start of the Malaysian GP for 3pm. It's almost as if they want it to piss down and be red flagged, because it rains in KL almost like clockwork at 4pm.

Nearly all the grandstands are covered. They're just making sure the fans are dry and in their seats before nature spreads some excitement on the track.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

That was a fun weekend

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

I aspire to someday purchase a can of Red Bull or perhaps a bottle of Clear shampoo. Woe is me, the ever suffering proletariat.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Ghost of Mussolini posted:

In 2013 I got a ton of mini-bottles of Clear from a Lotus promoter girl who just couldn't be bothered anymore and clearly had too much shampoo to give out. She happily let me fill a bag with as much shampoo as I could carry. Thank you Big Jeans!!!

I tried a free can of burn energy drink at a race last year. Did not kill me. Thank you Kimi and Big John.

Later I paid $16 for a beer. Also did not kill me.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Confirmed worthless Australian.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

go3 posted:

Bernie's doppelganger is at this bar, she's like 90

Probably my mother in law. Every time someone says that women grow up to look like their mother I just see Bernie and wince.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Jedit posted:

Great article on the BBC website about Kimi. It says he was outperformed comprehensively by Alonso last year but has been much more competitive with Vettel. Hmm, I wonder why that might be.

Driver coaching. *nods*

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

darth cookie posted:

Some assholes get all the talent. :mad:
Isn't there something about successful motorsports competitors and their ability to process visual information at a faster rate than us regular folk?

Like XMen mutants but their super powers give them the ability to earn tens of millions of dollars.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

I miss Nickthehorse, he was a great source of insider information.

Like Nickthenorse but worked for Ferrari?

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

I have been eagerly awaiting F1's transition to Professional Wrestling type fabricated drama and am excited to hear this factual news.

Looking forward to discussing kayfabe drama with everyone in this great thread.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

McLaren apologists would have you believe otherwise.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Linedance posted:

I have to wonder how opinions would differ if Red Bull contained alcohol and/or nicotine.

Posters in this thread have masturbated to the Williams Martini livery. Fact.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

drunkill posted:

Melbourne GP has been pushed back a few weeks next year so it is at the end of March. The race will now be March 31- April 3 (March 15 this year) so that race day falls on the first day of daylight savings.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-04-29/australian-formula-one-grand-prix-pushed-back-to-april-2016/6429986?section=vic
I have gambled on pre-booking my Melbourne accommodation a year in advance, and lost.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

krushgroove posted:

Congratulations British people, a woman has given birth to a baby girl!

Congratulations Philippines, a Filipino beat the snot out of Mayweather. Hopefully.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

They won the constructors championship last year though?

Like winning the American League pennant and losing the World Series.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Just saw an ad after the driver conference for the NASCAR SpongeBob SquarePants 400

How great is motorsport.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

Fortunately NASCAR does not fall under this category.
On my TV right now is the "Formula EJ" who is entertaining the crowd.

Yep.

Bring back Flavio to F1.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

Joe's Award only caters to the wealthy elite. He's not going to belittle himself offering savings to the peasant masses.

Could be satirical comment, could be a direct quote from Joe's Award.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Party Boat posted:

Is the only reason they don't have conventional pits in Formula E because the batteries are way too heavy to easily swap out? If so I think we should cross it with World's Strongest Man and have one of the pit crew lift the fresh battery down from a pedestal fifty yards from the pit and farmers walk it to the car. While this is happening the driver can take a penalty kick or try to complete a John Virgo trick shot for bonus points.

I'm going to start a motorsport blog where I copy posts from here and publish them as though they were fact.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Alain Post posted:

No listing the "F1 is like Dota" guy? Shame

What is Dota? Anime?

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Plumbing new depths of worthless shitposting

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

darth cookie posted:

I actually quite like Monaco.

I too am excited for Free Practice Market Day confusion.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Guess whose smug punchable face appears in Teds Notebook

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYYc9EqIu-I&feature=youtu.be&ab_channel=SixtyEightBucks

Crowd favourite Joes Award at 10 minutes, Ted enjoying the asbergers experience.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

poty posted:

The winners finished the 82 kilometer race in 48 minutes and a half => 101 km/h

Meanwhile Rosberg won Monaco last year with 142.8 km/h. Lewis won Monza with 232.45 km/h

What's the GP2 average speed at Monaco?

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

MrL_JaKiri posted:

We're missing the big picture here, which is that Jenson Button now has infinity times the number of points of so called "good driver" Fernando Alonso

Top Spanish driver currently is Carlos Sainz. Still.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

willcrouch posted:

Mercedes wants the coveted SA Moral World Championship for Lewis. Its part of the new contract.

I thought Lewis won Moral World Championship every year because he once had to sleep on a couch.

How could anyone claim a more moral victory than that, unless they were female, in which case Lewis should check his privilege.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Reminder; Pastor Maldonado finished as many races this year as I have. Zero.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

El Hefe posted:

Hammy likes some white meat much like his daddy

One hundred million squid ladies

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

HJB posted:

Meanwhile, Coulthard has a jab at an old thread favourite:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/32874801

What would Coulthard know about what it takes to be the Moral Drivers Champion?

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Alain Post posted:

I lost it to someone mass-buying avs in the wrestling forum. RIP Rubens.

You're an active pro-wrestling poster? Or maybe I don't understand how SA works.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Formula 1 2015: "Must be because my avatar is black"

I've never experienced any discrimination in this thread.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

I work in The Philippines and the girls here will figuratively sell themselves into domestic slavery at a chance to marry a westerner and leave this third world nation.

And they even have toilet paper here, so who knows what you'd consider.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Falken posted:

El Hefe, after all you just said, I'm honestly surprised that the F1 feed you watch doesn't just stop abruptly when Pastor crashes.

Pastor has won every race broadcast in Venezuela.

• Locked thread