Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
willcrouch
Jul 2, 2007

Well, glad to know its back to normal with Lotus and Maldonado.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

willcrouch
Jul 2, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

With Race Winner Pastor Maldonado out Button might make it onto the podium

It is still hilarious that he won a race. And no one else has for Williams since.

willcrouch
Jul 2, 2007

Alain Post posted:

He broke down. Bad news for the Mercs. Top, top news for the Scud.

Sounds like non-engine issue.

willcrouch
Jul 2, 2007

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, God dammit Perez, learn to drive.

There is a reason even loving McLolern doesn't want you.

willcrouch
Jul 2, 2007

Thanks Ants posted:

Bernie's going to be begging for three-car teams just to avoid an "everyone gets points" scenario.

Can I beg for a "Bernie gets hosed in the rear end by a gorilla" scenario? I don't care why, just want him get raped by a silverback.

willcrouch
Jul 2, 2007

Human Grand Prix posted:

Sergio Perez is a good driver.

Best joke in the Worst Thread.

willcrouch
Jul 2, 2007

No one even mentioning that the Hulk has that steaming pile of a car into points.

willcrouch
Jul 2, 2007

enri posted:

One more down, two to go to get Jenson into the points :dance:

:smith:

God drat I lost it to this post.

willcrouch
Jul 2, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY0WxgSXdEE

willcrouch
Jul 2, 2007

serious gaylord posted:

Kimi's out because they forgot to bolt on his tyre. Classic Ferrari.

Come Vettel, do the right thing and pull off.

Edit:

Oh autosport:
06:17 Button's pace is now very conservative - 1m38s compared to the leaders' 1m31s.

"conservative"

willcrouch fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Mar 15, 2015

willcrouch
Jul 2, 2007

Well...

Good for Nasr?

willcrouch
Jul 2, 2007

POCKET CHOMP posted:

congrats mclaren, the only team that can count literally finishing a race dead last after starting from dead last as a victory because at least the car finished or whatever. even hrt/marussia/caterham were held to a higher standard.

willcrouch
Jul 2, 2007

Idea:

Ferrari purposefully tanked Kimi's race because they didn't want to people to see off the bad just how bad he is, even compared to the worst driver.

willcrouch
Jul 2, 2007

Manchild driver, manchild team:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/118081

Red Bull making new threats to quit. Jesus they are the shittiest loving team.

willcrouch
Jul 2, 2007

Aqualung posted:

So yeah, they rules are broken. They have created a situation where we have a team that literally cannot be beaten until the rules are changed - I'm not sure this has ever happened in the sport before. When Red Bull & Ferrari were dominating others would catch up quickly through copying aero & other engineering developments meaning that Red Bull & Ferrari had to constantly come up with new ways to beat the other teams.. Now you literally cannot do that. And also the rules are apparently not changing - in contract to the Red Bull & Ferrari years where the rules changed every other race weekend to try to hinder them.

Actually, it usually takes massive rule changes to shake up the order.

2001-2004 and 2010-2013 had Ferrari and Red Bull leading the pack, and they kept it that way with the best car in that new iteration of rules. 2010-2013 Red Bull worked the best with the tires and overall the areo kits made or broke the cars in that set of rules. So because areo wise it was the best, it won a lot. Right now engines rule the rule book, and so Mercedes is running away. Its not Merc's fault that Renault made a garbage engine. Its the fault of cost cutting that we can't get a new rules pack each year to shake it up. Note: Cost cutting is needed to keep the sport going, but they need to figure out how to balance it.

willcrouch
Jul 2, 2007

El Hefe posted:

I'm gonna cry next race when Alonso qualifies at the back of the grid.

If Button out qualifies him, I will genuinely sob.

willcrouch
Jul 2, 2007

Rhopunzel posted:

There's a bunch of rumors that the Honda engine's amazing when it actually works, but they're just rumors v0v

Rumors or blind optimism?

willcrouch
Jul 2, 2007

gret posted:

#RealCarsHaveCurves

Are NASCAR fans chubby chasers?

willcrouch
Jul 2, 2007

Riso posted:

Or to let you down.

Worst Thread.

willcrouch
Jul 2, 2007

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Same reason the cars have pointlessly large engine covers behind the roll hoop: Ad space.

A car at the side of the track with a broken suspension isnt getting a millionaires brand on television.

But the driver's say is "Safety" or "We don't want to die like Earnhardt"

willcrouch
Jul 2, 2007

Raikkonen beating Vettel, a lot. My god Vettel is so bad.

willcrouch
Jul 2, 2007

I honestly would love a Flavio - Alonso Title again.

Also, I missed this being posted in the thread, but Nico and Hamilton are having too much fun as teammates:
http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/mar/28/nico-rosberg-journalist-questions-lewis-hamilton

The Guardian posted:

Lewis Hamilton’s sometimes tense relationship with his Mercedes team-mate, Nico Rosberg, took a bizarre and slightly farcical turn on Saturday when the German driver posed as a journalist during the post-qualifying press conference at the Malaysian Grand Prix.

Hamilton played down the incident but Rosberg, from the back of the press conference, decided on an eccentric intervention. “Nico Rosberg, Mercedes AMG Petronas,” he began. “There are a lot of comments on Twitter saying Nico blocked you, is that true he blocked you on your second timed lap?”

Hamilton appeared amused and replied: “I think you should probably ask him, I think he’ll have a good opinion on that.” As the assembled journalists laughed, an apparently stung Rosberg shook his head and, despite the evidence, twice said: “That’s not funny.”

willcrouch fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Apr 4, 2015

willcrouch
Jul 2, 2007

There are times I come back to this thread.

And all I can think is a combination of "OH! They hate whoever is winning, and have no memory longer than a year." Or, "God drat, I am glad this isn't a conversation in a restaurant or I would just have to start stabbing people."

willcrouch
Jul 2, 2007

Sorry I'm late, but is this open? Because if it is, I am taking it, and I will own it.

willcrouch
Jul 2, 2007

El Hefe posted:

Lotus F1 Team ‏@Lotus_F1Team 12m12 minutes ago
Pastor posting the second fastest time of the session. We rather like that seeing that.

hell, who doesn't

People who don't want to see a massive crash first corner. Ah Spa...

willcrouch
Jul 2, 2007

Brainwrong posted:

He's either one of those trolls off the internet or just plain daft. Either way, it was funny.

It was sadly being oblivious and trusting Uncle Jam.

willcrouch
Jul 2, 2007

This is out of the blue, but speaking of stuff before this year:

I miss Petrov.

willcrouch
Jul 2, 2007

Party Boat posted:

If you missed Malaysia then you hosed up.

In the sense that you hosed up loving up your sleep. The race was poo poo, and it went back to the old Vettel winning garbage. If Massa or Bottas had won, then it would have been a story.

Edit:

Nasr is really impressive so far.

willcrouch fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Apr 11, 2015

willcrouch
Jul 2, 2007

Powershift posted:

That has to be insanely frustrating for rosberg.

He's a bottom, he's fine.

willcrouch
Jul 2, 2007

Ghost of Mussolini posted:

Sorry it was the best race of the last 3 years hth

Secondly only to tomorrow after Rosberg slams into Hamilton at turn 1 due to his new mindgames strategy and Vettel seals another win

Last 3 races maybe.

2013 Spainish GP
2014 Canadian GP

2014 Bahrain GP for fucks sake.

The race was only good if have some weird german/italian fetish.

willcrouch
Jul 2, 2007

Alain Post posted:

The 2013 Spanish GP sucked rear end.

How? Finally seeing someone throw out all the standard rules of tire wear and having Alonso top his home race is bad?

willcrouch
Jul 2, 2007

Force India taking a Red Bull. Jesus.

Edit:

Hah, Vettel is already a sec off Rosberg.

willcrouch fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Apr 12, 2015

willcrouch
Jul 2, 2007

"Vettel keeping the Mercedes honest"

He's 3 seconds back already... That is loving optimism from the team.

willcrouch
Jul 2, 2007

Shimrod posted:

omg Pastor, you loving downer. Seriously?

:downs: Need a special race helmet downs for :pastor:

Edit:
Jesus, this is the worst loving thread...

willcrouch fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Apr 12, 2015

willcrouch
Jul 2, 2007

HAHAHAHA,

Maldonado. Just loving stop.

The only possibility, is that Pastor's goal is to make everyone realize that just being near him means a crash, so they all just let him go into the lead and then have a race behind him.

Only possibility other than that Lotus so desperately needs his money.

willcrouch fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Apr 12, 2015

willcrouch
Jul 2, 2007

I am now starting to understand why Red Bull didn't promote Sainz Jr first. He is really getting shown up by the teenager.

willcrouch
Jul 2, 2007

El Hefe posted:

Alonso's cracking up

Fernando Alonso @alo_oficial · Apr 12
Good race finishing with both cars!! Nice and helpful information for us! Another step! Soon...💪💪! #walkBeforeRun

Fernando Alonso @alo_oficial · 2h 2 hours ago
Happiness lives inside, not outside. So...happiness does not depend on what we have, only in who we ARE. #Letta

I wonder if Ron has hired some on site therapists for the team...

Edit:

Realization: Ron would not hire a therapist, he would just turn the company into a cult, and that sounds like what Alonso is quoting...

willcrouch fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Apr 13, 2015

willcrouch
Jul 2, 2007

djssniper posted:

Why do you even read that shitrag?

Self Loathing. Its this thread's bread and butter. (The self loathing, not the Daily Mail)

willcrouch
Jul 2, 2007

CratSock posted:

Apparently Fast Heikki falls on the "pro grid girl" side of the fence.

Heikki is a feminist there. He is anti-bra, and helping out a topless movement after the photo op, obviously.

Edit:
Are front tramp stamps popular in Jolly Ol?

willcrouch fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Apr 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

willcrouch
Jul 2, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

Let's just shut this thread down and switch over to WEC permanently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clZOMYjaGt8

Watching this depresses me even more that USC doesn't have an LMP1 category.

I would love to see the Audi and Porsche against the DPs. Also, this thread with a class called DP...

Edit: I love loving loathe this thread.

willcrouch fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Apr 17, 2015

• Locked thread